Odor Control Outside (Planting other flowers?)

• Thread starter Bisquick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bisquick

Bisquick

I am a 215 patient in Cali growing on a patio in an apartment. I would like to be RESPECTFUL of my neighbors and tone the smell down.

I am actually growing in a tent on my patio....but do not want to shell out $150 for another inline fan and carbon scrubber, and don't mind the smell. Instead I was thinking of planting some Jasmine, maybe Lavendar, etc

Anyone do this? Any other outdoor odor tips?

Z

zoeronerer

night blooming jasmine works good but is so overpowering its kinda gnarly if your alergic to it(my mom is).........we have used mint and lavender it dosent really mask ....that well.... and the jasmine only works at its peak at night..........i have seen people build a cheap scrubber out of kitty litter......sounds like you already have a fan to vent your tent look on here for a cheap scrub design.........its just alot to risk on nature alone even as a 215 patient .... good luck...........your lease and your peace of mind is worth more than a scrubber.......if cops show up......they arent always nice.......lets not forget greedy people have noses too even in cali wer things are half way legal......size up your situation you sound pretty relaxed..............

F

farmerloon

how do i make the potent smell go away without spending tons of money

S

Shi-ska-bong

@Loon -
I am actually growing in a tent on my patio....but do not want to shell out $150 for another inline fan and carbon scrubber, and don't mind the smell. Instead I was thinking of planting some Jasmine, maybe Lavendar, etc

Read the thread...
Glad to help :rock

Bisquick

Bisquick

I've got a big star jasmine on lattuce work in a 15 gal pot and some rosemary going...jasmine hasn't really started blooming yet (she's a beaut though and looks like she'll grow well). I got the star's because they keep blooming and aren't seasonal.

M

MatthewRiot

I've been using Basil for a similar problem... when it starts budding it tends to have a very similar smell, along with the normal basil smell to mj. Now that I've figured out what works best FOR ME, I'm going to be growing tons of it outside my window. Our landlord thinks that my fiancee and I are strictly orchid growers (which we are avid orchid growers, don't get me wrong), but regardless of the law, if he knew (and he lives RIGHT above us in an apt) he would throw us out so fast it wouldn't be funny. So in my case, I recommend basil. Our plant that has a budding stock is a little over a foot tall and is quite a strong scent for one plant. Good luck finding something, though! I was also considering using two carbon filters hooked up to a Y adapter being pulled in by the strongest 6" Fan I can find. We have open windows in our apt with screens, and a nice white lace curtain that keeps people from seeing in, so airflow is always constant. But if you are looking for a cheap alternative, head the basil, sage, tomato route.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Grow a variety that isn't terribly stinky or one that doesn't smell skunky or heavily of pot, something more fruity or floral. Last year my OD girls straight up stunk and could be smelled over 100' away, further if the wind was right.

Blaze

Blaze

^^ that, or getting the carbon scrubber, is the only technique that works. A stinky strain grown OD will stink for a looong distance away and nothing will be able to mask it. Either grow a low odor strain or grow far enough away from other people that they cannot smell it. The whole "trying to mask the smell with other herbs" strategy really does not work that well IME.

K

Kauphaart

As several farmers have already stated jasmine (night-blooming especially) can overpower other plant odors, but its almost too much for me, so I have it planted sparingly. There are lots of other herbs and spices and fragrant flowers to mask the odor; geraniums, amaryllis, cacti, marigolds, catnip, lavendar, rosemary, mint, basil....

Also, most of these also have the added benefit of being irritants to the bugs we don't want on/near cannabis...:flower

Regards,
Kau

Top Bottom