odor question?

• Thread starter oglovinlife18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oglovinlife18

my friend has a a grow w 4 1000 watt lights 11 plants that have been vegged for 2 months so they are pretty nie size of plants that will def have some odor bubba cheese diesel you think smell will be an issue is it best to have scrubbers suckin in air and blowing out of room or blowin into room he has the scrubbers in a 9x11 room

S

Silica

scrubbers work best sucking polluted odor air through the filter and out of room.
As in filter is in room, fan is on other side of duct.
Its doable the other way but they dont clean as well ive been told.

It works even better if you dehumidify the air before the filter.

Would like to see shots, sounds like an impressive grow.

S

shift00420

4 1000s for 11 plants? that seems crazy. i know a farmer with 8 1000s and 300 plants under them. im not hating im just in awe!!

B

BudGood

shift00420, I've seen people run 1 plant per light, 600, 1k, whatever. It results in a BIG plant. Better for people who worry about limits, i.e. med patients.

To the OP, it would be best to have a "lung room" that pulls the air in from the grow, dehumidifies it, then scrubs it. Excess humidity will render a carbon filter ineffective long before its rated life.

BudGood

D

dwcaero

You can set up an ionizer or two next to the exhaust as well

R

Rasta311

Please use a darn period......Thats just hard to read like that.

B

booms

you can run the air both ways, just make sure you have no leaks if using at end like a muffler. just make sure you arent over pushing air through, got to give scrubber time to clean air.....

S

shdowlkr

you can run the air both ways, just make sure you have no leaks if using at end like a muffler. just make sure you arent over pushing air through, got to give scrubber time to clean air.....

Is my take on it too...

Proper sizing of the equipment is the most important thing
Second is making sure there are no leaks in the system

Install the filter in the location that works best for you. If you plan to have it on the exhaust side of the fan you'll want to either pre-filter on the intake side of the fan, or filter the air entering the rooms.

Lung rooms are great too, if you have the ability..

Latest posts

Top Bottom