Off the wall lighting schedule

• Thread starter hrdrollin4life
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hrdrollin4life

I know the plants need a 12/12 photoperiod cycle to start flowering but i was just wondering what would happen if you put the plants on a real crazy light schedule.
What would happen if you put them on a 24/24 cycle or a 6/6/6/6 or just some crazy shit like that? Would they just stay in the vegatative state?

The main reason this question came to me was because i was thinking about the plants out in the wild where the lighting isn't always in ideal conditions

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I know the plants need a 12/12 photoperiod cycle to start flowering but i was just wondering what would happen if you put the plants on a real crazy light schedule.
What would happen if you put them on a 24/24 cycle or a 6/6/6/6 or just some crazy shit like that? Would they just stay in the vegatative state?

The main reason this question came to me was because i was thinking about the plants out in the wild where the lighting isn't always in ideal conditions

Although conditions are rarely perfect outdoors they, are relatively regular patterns. Certainly nothing as extreme as you are proposing happens in nature. And honestly your biggest obstacle to growing an outdoor like crop indoors is recreating sunlight. There are properties to the suns rays no light can recreate. Now doing an experiment where you tuned the lights on and off with the daily pattern of the sun would be very interesting. But I think the patterns you proposed would simply stress the plants too much, and if they ever did finish it would be with very poor results.

P

ProGroWannabe

Smoking Gun summed it up pretty-well.

I might also add that the dark period is the only trigger to flowering. It's the lack of light for 12 hrs that tells the plant it's time to switch gears and begin (or continue) flowering. Also, some folks use light-stress in order to see if a plant will hermie. So if you plan on doing some strange light schedule, expect most, if not all your girls to wig-out and go hermie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom