Official Intro...DWC.

• Thread starter VannahWhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VannahWhite

VannahWhite

Hi all. I decided to officially intro myself. If you refer to my first post, I was attempting my very first grow bare minimally. That was a mistake. I went the DWC non bubbler route. Iended up with damping Off.

Now I’ve got my new baby in place of it and she’s doing great so far with my new found knowledge. 2 weeks into grow
Named her:
Sheryl Grow
Strain: Choclope
Current Setup and readings:
5 gallon res with airstone, rapid rooter and hydroton
Water: tap
PH: 5.8
PPM: 500 (which increased from initial read so I will be changing the res water tomorrow and decided to try out spring water)
EC: 1160 (again there is an increase due to salt increase from water uptake of plant... I think)
Room Humidity 45-50%
Light: Viparspectra 18/6
Extra: Mylar on my walls.

Official introdwc
Official introdwc 2
VannahWhite

VannahWhite

Well I wasn’t going to include this little clone I cut off of my first baby that was dying. I’ve never cloned before so I didn’t think it was too happy with what I was doing for it. But I accidentally dropped my cloned today checking on whether there are roots sticking out or not and the clone fell out of the rapid rooter... today I saw roots!!!!!!!!!! Lol I bubbly because I didn’t think it was going to happen. My first ever clone showing signs of life!.
First pic is from day before. Second pic is when I found new growth.

487F0D31 A3EE 420E 97A9 D3A131D591F0
2C34F71D E775 4A38 9878 2B1EC2DC9999
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

DWC 😍😍😍

I would drop your ppm to 150-200 she's to small for that much nutrients. Humidity might benefit from a lil increase but definitely doable.

Are you running sterile or live?

Looks like your off to a good start.

VannahWhite

VannahWhite

lol. Yes it’s a T-Shirt we were just messing around. We just changed out the res today because ppm and ec was rising and plant was getting a tad droopy. Decided the salinity concentration was rising because of plant uptake. But she is now sitting in spring water ppm is around 380 now I think... I forgot exactly. My mans covered the res with this sheet that reflects light away from the res. Feeling pretty good about her. Going to post new pic of her all perky again.

Looking good! You're nearly exactly in the same growth phase I am: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/grow-2-indoor-hydro-tent.115756/

I'm looking at your picture thinking, "Is that a T-Shirt over the bucket? What a cool idea!" Then I thought, "Wait... I bet that's going to get in the way and annoy you pretty quickly...." 🙃

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

lol. Yes it’s a T-Shirt we were just messing around. We just changed out the res today because ppm and ec was rising and plant was getting a tad droopy. Decided the salinity concentration was rising because of plant uptake. But she is now sitting in spring water ppm is around 380 now I think... I forgot exactly. My mans covered the res with this sheet that reflects light away from the res. Feeling pretty good about her. Going to post new pic of her all perky again.
Would avoid spring water... To many minerals in it

VannahWhite

VannahWhite

Yea. That’s technically what we did today. Changed the res out and used spring water this time so we can control the people a tad more but I did end up at 380 lol. But she’s already looking perkier. Going to post that later.

I guess I’m LIVE since I am using hydroguard? I did purchase some enzymatic cleaners.

DWC 😍😍😍

I would drop your ppm to 150-200 she's to small for that much nutrients. Humidity might benefit from a lil increase but definitely doable.

Are you running sterile or live?

Looks like your off to a good start.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea. That’s technically what we did today. Changed the res out and used spring water this time so we can control the people a tad more but I did end up at 380 lol. But she’s already looking perkier. Going to post that later.

I guess I’m LIVE since I am using hydroguard? I did purchase some enzymatic cleaners.
Yeah hydrogaurd is live 👍 the reason i say spring water is not optimal is because it high in minerals and can often be sodium but also very low in nitrogen.

VannahWhite

VannahWhite

Also I tested the ppm of my spring water and it was 60 ppm
Yeah hydrogaurd is live 👍 the reason i say spring water is not optimal is because it high in minerals and can often be sodium but also very low in nitrogen.

just reread what I wrote and yea it’s confusing.

airedog

airedog

Supporter

I’m assuming you are referring to my clone. OK. I don’t have any but I’ll look into it. How long do you use clonex for and are you applying it more than once?

Here's a link to what they have to say about their clone/seedling nutrient product;

https://www.hydrodynamicsintl.com/product/clonex-clone-solution/

I used it in my seedling bubblers up to about 200 ppm nutrient strength until there were good roots with decent stem and leaf development, then switched to stronger base nutes (AN Conny). Clonex is designed to feed young plants without shocking them. In part, i did this after my city started using chloramine, and i was running R/O water in my main system.

Last edited:
VannahWhite

VannahWhite

Hi all. I decided to officially intro myself. If you refer to my first post, I was attempting my very first grow bare minimally. That was a mistake. I went the DWC non bubbler route. Iended up with damping Off.

Now I’ve got my new baby in place of it and she’s doing great so far with my new found knowledge. 2 weeks into grow
Named her:
Sheryl Grow
Strain: Choclope
Current Setup and readings:
5 gallon res with airstone, rapid rooter and hydroton
Water: tap
PH: 5.8
PPM: 500 (which increased from initial read so I will be changing the res water tomorrow and decided to try out spring water)
EC: 1160 (again there is an increase due to salt increase from water uptake of plant... I think)
Room Humidity 45-50%
Light: Viparspectra 18/6
Extra: Mylar on my walls.
Alright first pic was from earlier today she was a tad bit droopier and second is just right now. So happy about this attempt the second pic is as if she’s saluting 🙃

E2426007 D30D 463F A2F2 8CA21D23EBBE
E2BC379C 131A 4ECD 9B6A FB1FA72E0560
VannahWhite

VannahWhite

Welp didn’t want to have this talk but I killed another baby again. I think I know what I did wrong but I think I’ll see if I can make it work before I go on about it. On a brighter note, my clone has done wonders with the way I mistreated it. The leaves have perked up and I peeked and found the root is showing and extremely strong looking. Wish me luck I guess. Lol. DWC will be the death of me but I’ll keep at it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom