Official: Guava Dawg x Pedro (HP7) breeding project. By Budgoodman & associates...

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StankStirr

StankStirr

20210727 190423

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
My SF SD1000 burned out, so I had to hobble something together to make do until I find a remedy. The smaller one wasn't cutting it well, so put this together, and put my portable power supply on it, and applied some heat sinks to a strip.

Need to keep an eye on them, so I don't overdo it, I think. Might configure some of these as side runner lights, for increasing yields on the bottoms of plants.

IMG 20210728 031812598
IMG 20210728 031806434
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

My SF SD1000 burned out, so I had to hobble something together to make do until I find a remedy. The smaller one wasn't cutting it well, so put this together, and put my portable power supply on it, and applied some heat sinks to a strip.

Need to keep an eye on them, so I don't overdo it, I think. Might configure some of these as side runner lights, for increasing yields on the bottoms of plants.
Hahahaha I love that frankster plants in the kitchen next to the stove cook your tea check on the babies at the same time😂😂😂

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Hahahaha I love that frankster plants in the kitchen next to the stove cook your tea check on the babies at the same time😂😂😂
When you live in a tiny space, you do what you have too. I'm American, so it's usually strong coffee in the morning, but yes, it's the first thing I do is check plant growth when I wake up.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here we go, good up close pics of the second "true leaves" leaves poking up. I did another 3 seeds the other day, so I'll be bringing them up shortly also. I think I'll hold the other 4 back for now, as a reserve run. Hopefully I've got a decent pheno in here somewhere, if I can get all 6 beans started.

IMG 20210729 004923
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Update. Had a little bump in the road with P, but that seems straightened out. Note the one on the right, with yellowing in the lowest leaves. Dodged a bullet on that one, I was kinda freaking for a bit. Pushing them isn't always the best thing, I suppose. That said, I think I'm going to up the ppm... lol

Cloned (rumored elite) landrace Thai males lurking in the background, waiting for a chance to spread some pollens. Those fella's really cloned easily, must be a genetic trait. I surmise they have the creeper traits. (I hope) Might try cloning them upside down,(top side down) just to see if it's actually possible. This will confirm I've got the trait in my possession. To my understanding, no hybrids have ever passed along this rare trait.

CREEPER CANNABIS
Creeper cannabis tends to exhibit itself in tropical strains. These strains are already large and grow in humid conditions. The plant’s lower branches bow down to touch the ground. Once they reach the floor, the branches continue to grow, even forming new root sites. This phenotype is super useful for disguising grows. However, creeper cannabis is a rare mutation and has not been developed commercially. (One can always hope)

IMG 20210731 232405
Last edited:
StankStirr

StankStirr

Alright I've given these beans a week and here's where it stands.... after a lengthy soak in just filtered water and then moved into moist paper towels misted with filtered water I have 8 sprouted and the 9th was taken out of the paper towel and put in dirt last night... it had a nice tap root but was a bit dry since I had to work a 16hr shift.... if #9 doesn't sprout it's due to operator error, not the seed. #10 was a dud. I'm comfortable calling it a 90% germination rate.
Strong work BudGoodman!
I'll take 9 out of 10 any day!

20210801 005313

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Alright I've given these beans a week and here's where it stands.... after a lengthy soak in just filtered water and then moved into moist paper towels misted with filtered water I have 8 sprouted and the 9th was taken out of the paper towel and put in dirt last night... it had a nice tap root but was a bit dry since I had to work a 16hr shift.... if #9 doesn't sprout it's due to operator error, not the seed. #10 was a dud. I'm comfortable calling it a 90% germination rate.
Strong work BudGoodman!
I'll take 9 out of 10 any day!

View attachment 1152411
Strong work Mr. Stirr.👏

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
upgrading the lights a bit. The SF1000D took a crap, and I've not heard back from them, so I've thrown together a custom build. lol. Upgrading from 1 strip to 3 strips (33.3w->112 w) and cookie sheet heat sink....☀️☀️☀️

IMG 20210803 085230
IMG 20210803 090256
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Mad science electrical skillls hum, Thanks for the views, grow on brother.
SF was helpful and just messaged me, there sending out a new unit, but yes, I fart around with electronics. Probably actually destroyed the first SF unit on mistake by dialing things down with a rheostat. It's couldn't hold back the voltage, and was simply creating more resistance in the power supply. Thought all their units dialed down when I first got them, but that's the basic difference between the SF1000D for $79 and the SF1000 for $135 (all the other units have high end dials also) But the $79 unit can't be effectively dialed back, at least not how I did it. lol ☠️

Cooked it's goose... Well at least the capacitors still look good.😁
IMG 20210727 073243

Thinking of making side panels, or perhaps hangers to hang down into the plants to bud lower branches more efficiently once the new unit arrives.

I've got a huge meanwell 600w unit here, (one of the best) if I can figure not how to blow myself up. This is a nice unit, if I can figure it out. It's got variable (fixed) current, variable (fixed) voltage. Anyone ever work with an HGL A series power supply?

I think I need to add in the Rheostat here on the RC -+ lines, but now I'm gun shy... ☠️👀 maybe I should use the multimeter. Time to smoke and contemplate my next move.

IMG 20210803 112049
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom