Official: Guava Dawg x Pedro (HP7) breeding project. By Budgoodman & associates...

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I'm actually considering throwing the switch of these things in the next week, possibly. The vigor is pretty damn impressive. The 10-11th will make them 3 weeks old. Starting 4th "true" internode" currently.

IMG 20210807 044617

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Excuse the pesky landrace Thai flowering the in the foreground,, lol Trying to keep it short also. At least for the time being. allowing these two breeds to intermingle is a good use of my lighting footprint at this stage, If I've not overplayed my hand. As short as the internoding looks on pedro's offspring, it's not going to create a problem at this time. Should give me a week to two to rotate something out somehow.

These plants are being flipped before week 3, so I'm expecting to have 3 compact plants, but need to sex them first.... That's going to determine the next course of action. Hopefully, there's a male to breed with the Thai-Burmese Landrace, and a girl... I've got a few more Pedro's offspring running a week behind these...

IMG 20210812 074252
IMG 20210812 074259
IMG 20210812 074309

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
A little crowded, but should be fine. There will be some relief around the corner. Put the shorty in the center, don't know if that's a goof up or not, only time will tell.

IMG 20210814 032538
IMG 20210814 032546
IMG 20210814 032553
IMG 20210814 032609

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Where the heck is that view? That’s beautiful. only time I see mountains is when I take a drive to Colorado to go to a dispensary.
It's above my land out in the mountains. The lake on top of the mountain, above me, perhaps 1/2-1 mile or so.

Doing some training. A little stretched, but hopefully I got a handle on it. I think heat stress from the first week of flowering, and a little crowded. I think most of it's heat related, so hopefully it will fall in line. Last one is one of the landrace Thai's for comparison.

IMG 20210818 171234
IMG 20210818 170747
IMG 20210818 171853

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Ok frank im moving in with you… lol.. I’ve been to Colorado and I don’t remember ever seeing a view like that. And if there was one it would be a million dollar house.
Lot's of million dollar homes in the association, but I'm certainly not one of them, lol. I do have some cedars that are twenty feet round at the bases, and 200 foot tall, but no cabin yet. lol, it's going to be tough going in there. Hopefully, I've lit a fire under my buddy John again, and he wants to get up there in the springtime and get some things going. The task at hand is daunting just to get a trail in there.

Pedro's offspring,,, Guava D, the great pheno's are standout in this strain, huge fans, but obvious stem weakness, and a bit of noticeable stretching, Now I know why bud uses so many prop sticks, lol. I'm sure I could have vegged things out much better if I wasn't so crowded earlier, so hopefully this will allow me to gain some better control, thicken it up some. I thinned out the other two, so I can grow them amidst the stretchy Thai, and see what a seeding produces, (bred to an auto male) grow this other one here for flowers, in the bigger tent.

No doubts this pheno is to die for, I can see why it was selected. So very strong smelling, it's unquestionably a standout, all 3 of them are, in fact. Now that I've got some room for this one, I think it's going to fill out some, I might even upgrade it to 2 gallons.
IMG 20210824 213214
IMG 20210824 213222

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Hey, I was curious. You said Pedro had some offspring, did you send me any of those? I can only imagine how awesome those plants would turn out.
Also do you ever grow any autos? I think you said you do but I’m not sure. But I can understand as you don’t get as high of a yield from an auto. Right now I got my tent growing all autos except for the one of yours I’m growing. But I’m just going to veg it and have it really bushy by time the autos are done. I have them under 24 hours of light.
Not speaking for frankster but he’s got some of best yielding autos I’ve grown ! Lol he’s got some nice “ kushy” plants that’s hard to find in autos , just my opinion

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Hey, I was curious. You said Pedro had some offspring, did you send me any of those? I can only imagine how awesome those plants would turn out.
Also do you ever grow any autos? I think you said you do but I’m not sure. But I can understand as you don’t get as high of a yield from an auto. Right now I got my tent growing all autos except for the one of yours I’m growing. But I’m just going to veg it and have it really bushy by time the autos are done. I have them under 24 hours of light.
Yea, if I sent you the stuff in the last few weeks, I indeed put a few seeds from Pedro in there, because bud graciously sent me so many of them, actually and all that stuff turned around within days of each other. If I did, I think it was like 6 of them, and they would have been labeled as autos. So yea, those should be interesting, I've got a few coming though the pipeline myself.

I've kinda selected one above out of the batch because I like it the most. The other 2 are in the front tent, (with the Thai) but they got stretched a bit, so I trimmed some of the sides back. I want enough room for everything coming though, and I want to ensure at least one of these gets full attention.

Mothman

Mothman

Update. Had a little bump in the road with P, but that seems straightened out. Note the one on the right, with yellowing in the lowest leaves. Dodged a bullet on that one, I was kinda freaking for a bit. Pushing them isn't always the best thing, I suppose. That said, I think I'm going to up the ppm... lol

Cloned (rumored elite) landrace Thai males lurking in the background, waiting for a chance to spread some pollens. Those fella's really cloned easily, must be a genetic trait. I surmise they have the creeper traits. (I hope) Might try cloning them upside down,(top side down) just to see if it's actually possible. This will confirm I've got the trait in my possession. To my understanding, no hybrids have ever passed along this rare trait.

CREEPER CANNABIS
Creeper cannabis tends to exhibit itself in tropical strains. These strains are already large and grow in humid conditions. The plant’s lower branches bow down to touch the ground. Once they reach the floor, the branches continue to grow, even forming new root sites. This phenotype is super useful for disguising grows. However, creeper cannabis is a rare mutation and has not been developed commercially. (One can always hope)
@Frankster, thanks for the primer on the creeper mutation. Never heard of that. Now I need to look up top-down cloning.
You have a new follower!

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Well at least I got some pictures. Brought her back to the apartment and was checking her over, and noticed a few mites, so she was shredded unfortunately, this was the best out of the bunch, had been sitting out in the green room, but it's getting too cold.

So anyhow, I trimmed it back, got out the purecrop1 and disposed of the flowers with mites. But I'm going to try and veg her out on the porch, and see if she springs back. This was the most stable of the 3 as far as nanners, and stressing go, also was the most prolific and had the best internodes, so it's certainly the strongest out of the bunch, and all the pheno's smelled good, from what I can tell, so far. But I didn't much beyond a preliminary smell of the other two.

IMG 20210930 135310

IMG 20210930 135236
IMG 20210930 135321

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
She was toughly stressed bud going into flower, and SD is one we expect to do weird things, under such suboptimal conditions. Maybe this stressing was a blessing in disguise, perhaps, that gives some insight. Some clones would be nice. After she was un-stressed again, the nanners ceased to be an issue, and straightened itself out again.

IMG 20210930 173611985

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
She was toughly stressed bud going into flower, and SD is one we expect to do weird things, under such suboptimal conditions. Maybe this stressing was a blessing in disguise, perhaps, that gives some insight. Some clones would be nice. After she was un-stressed again, the nanners ceased to be an issue, and straightened itself out again.

View attachment 1174314
My keeper Guava D, the one used, didn't... But all of her sisters did... I don't think the seeds were ever sold (they were freebies), and that's likey why.
Clones of what?... Guava D?

Top Bottom