Officially killed a plant

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

So strange. Opened my tent to this, this morning. Organic dry amendments nothing different then any other plant I have. It just.... died? Lol. Sucks.

Officially killed a plant
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Possibly overwatered and caused root rot preventing water uptake? Was the soil constantly wet?

Naturalx

Naturalx

Possibly overwatered and caused root rot preventing water uptake? Was the soil constantly wet?
It's in coco coir but I did have sand due to the previous bug problem I had which was keeping it wet. So I scraped it all out but it doesn't seem to have mattered. What's odd was I noticed the leaves curling in from the edges and they started to dry out and fade which is odd. I've never seen this.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I'm having this problem also but not with green/smoke, it's my tomato's that's in my soil mixed other stuff..... started after that last heavy rain, I think it has to do with to much alk in system

L

Leexxx

Did that happen over night! If it is root rot you might be able to save them with Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens. It a very aggressive bacteria that will wipe out root rot. Botanicare hydro guard or Southern AG fungicide. Both are organic

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Sounds like your plants have Late blight.
I had late blight (tomatoes) this year on all but one strain, sprayed the hell out of them weekly with copper, might have bought me some time but they're all dead now :/

L

Leexxx

I had late blight (tomatoes) this year on all but one strain, sprayed the hell out of them weekly with copper, might have bought me some time but they're all dead now :/
I all but gave up growing tomatoes because of the blight! The copper sulfate works ok and is considered organic. Mancozeb Is by far the best for blight imo but it's not oganic.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I all but gave up growing tomatoes because of the blight! The copper sulfate works ok and is considered organic. Mancozeb Is by far the best for blight imo but it's not oganic.
Only my early girls didn't have it..! Next year from the get-go I'm spraying copper weekly as a preventative, also I'm going to look for strains that are more resistant because the blight seems to be a new thing here that everybody is experiencing, I grow one strain called Whopper that I really like but it seems to have almost no resistance :/

L

Leexxx

Only my early girls didn't have it..! Next year from the get-go I'm spraying copper weekly as a preventative, also I'm going to look for strains that are more resistant because the blight seems to be a new thing here that everybody is experiencing, I grow one strain called Whopper that I really like but it seems to have almost no resistance :/
Blight has been a problem in my area for many years! All The beef steak varieties like whoppers are susceptible to blight. My favorite are big beef and better boys. also beef steaks, but seem to be a little more resistant.

Seraphine

Seraphine

You can’t use organic anything in coco. You need to treat it like hydro. only use nutrients specifically for coco or hydro. It probably has something to do with the organic amendments you’ve been adding. Organic matter doesn’t break down in coco like it does soil because coco lacks the beneficial bacteria and other soil organisms that live in soil.

coco is a sterile/inert medium. The organic matter is just rotting around your roots causing all kinds of issues.

Top Bottom