Og Biowar Teas

• Thread starter TrailGrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TrailGrown

I've got some Og Biowar laying around and I want to start foliar applications with it but I was wondering how I would go about doing this. I read up on a past thread:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/og-biowar-in-soil.60439/

Should I add it to my compost teas? I've got an organic surfacant to add to it aswell. On their website It says to remove the talc so couldn't I pre-mix it in a liter of water, remove the talc, then add to my compost teas? What type of sprayer should I use for these Foliar applications? I need to start soon right because flowering coming quick right?

Hope I can get some questions answered - If you could I'd greatly appreciate it.

soserthc1

soserthc1

There are pages and pages of ogbiowar tea instructions here add a tablespoon of foliar per gallon of water stir well or use a bubbler for 6 to 24:hrs let talc settle to bottom or strain wirh a cheese cloth ( I double up a stocking,) and spray it on your plants in dark period like 2 hrs before lights on ....
Great stuff

T

TrailGrown

Tell me if this idea sounds beneficial..haha: Have a compost tea brewing right now started about 12 hours ago. I plan on letting it brew for 30 hours. I was thinking for the last 6 hours of that brew I premix 4 tbs of foliar in a separate container then once all the talc settles I pour the suspended microbes into the brewing tea. After the 30 hours take a gallon of the tea mix in thermx 70 then put in sprayer bottle then with the other 3.5 gallons of compost tea I just drench the soil of my plants. This would all be taking place a good two hours before sunlight hits them. Sound good or do you have a better idea with using the Og biowar foliar?

Thanks!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I use a glass quart jar. I fill jar with plain water, put in say a tbs of ogbiowar , shake well, let it set for one minute and the talc settles to bottom. Pour it in my four gallons of water until i see the talc trying to escape the glass jar. Alot easier than mixing it in the four gallons of water and than pouring it into another four gallon bucket.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Tell me if this idea sounds beneficial..haha: Have a compost tea brewing right now started about 12 hours ago. I plan on letting it brew for 30 hours. I was thinking for the last 6 hours of that brew I premix 4 tbs of foliar in a separate container then once all the talc settles I pour the suspended microbes into the brewing tea. After the 30 hours take a gallon of the tea mix in thermx 70 then put in sprayer bottle then with the other 3.5 gallons of compost tea I just drench the soil of my plants. This would all be taking place a good two hours before sunlight hits them. Sound good or do you have a better idea with using the Og biowar foliar?

Thanks!

this will work very well.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Id just follow the brew instruction. Bennie, castings, molasses. Brew for 24 hours and feed/spray. Super easy and super effective.

outwest

frebo

frebo

What does the talc hurt? Is there a problem with just putting the ogbioware in the tea and then filter out the solids as you spray or drench?

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

What does the talc hurt? Is there a problem with just putting the ogbioware in the tea and then filter out the solids as you spray or drench?

Nothing ime. The talc just becomes more of a nuisance more than anything. I mix my OGB in a pint of unchlorinated h2o diluted to however many gallons I'm going to use. I let the talc settle after a good mixing, then pour from the top into my tea about 4 hours before I use it.

Ps, the root pack will not only come out of stasis in a tea, but will also thrive and breed

frebo

frebo

I have always put the ogbioware in at the start of my tea. Should I be waiting?

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

I have always put the ogbioware in at the start of my tea. Should I be waiting?

I really dont know. Under a scope, I've noticed that the root pack becomes active with air and a food source. The foliar pack consists mainly of microbes that become active once it's upon plant tissue. I'm scared that brewing the foliar pack for a full duration of a brew can cause harm to those microbes, so I add the foliar into my tea for only a couple hours. It does bring them out of stasis so that way they are ready to go to work once applied. The nutepack I feel is the same as the foliar, however I am not certain. I am no microbiologist and these theories are only from my own trials fwiw.

frebo

frebo

Do the microbes multiply in the tea? I have read that too long starts creating bad microbes. What do we really know?

P

Pmoon

Do the microbes multiply in the tea? I have read that too long starts creating bad microbes. What do we really know?
Microbes will multiply in an Actively aerated compost tea. You must make sure you use a sufficient bubbler/aerator or the tea can become anaerobic (bad) as you speak of, or if it's brewed too long. You can usually tell whether it's gone anaerobic by the smell. If you really want to be certain you can get a dissolved oxygen meter (like I have) and as long as it does go lower than 6 PPM DO your fine.

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

how long is too long? and i still have some leftover tea cuz some potted plants arent dry yet. i have brewed for about 60 hours. gave it to plants immediately after the 60, but i have some leftover and plan to use when the girls get dry in a day or 2. is that too long to wait? should i give it to them now?

M

Mosaic

Hey Cap your bennies rock. Literally a low key trade secret in many grower circles I know. Anyhow I’m sure you’ve already answered this elsewhere but could a combo of the nute root and foliar pack in a DWC bucket system be more then sufficient to feed the plant from seed to harvest ?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Cap your bennies rock. Literally a low key trade secret in many grower circles I know. Anyhow I’m sure you’ve already answered this elsewhere but could a combo of the nute root and foliar pack in a DWC bucket system be more then sufficient to feed the plant from seed to harvest ?
you will have better luck locating Cap on IG. Don't thnk he has been around here in a few seconds.

Top Bottom