OG family tree

• Thread starter nkkhills
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nkkhills

nkkhills

I found this at another forum.

OG Kush:

"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush."

Lineage:Chemdog x [ Lemon Thai x Old World Paki Kush]

Info on the differnt kutz of OG Kush:

Tahoe= cut brough into the community by Swerve. The grower that Swerve got it from had sourced the cut in the Lake Tahoe area in the 90's.

-Larry= The Orange County Larry cut that is availble in the medical scene came from the same Orange County crew that the H.A O.G Kush came from

-SFV= There are a million O.G cuts grown in the S.F.V, however the cut that goes by this name on these forums and in medical disp. came from forum member Swerve

-Ghost= This cut came from ORGNKID, ORGNKID had sold a O.G cut to a Overgrow forum member named "Ghost" who further distributed the cut.

-Tripple OG= This cut came from ORGNKID. This cut is A.K.A Triple X/XXX O.G Kush. Triple O.G was popularly sold to medical patients by the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.

-Abusive= This cut was brought into the community by an overgrow member named "Abusive", believe it or not Abusive claimed to have got the cut through the rapper Snoop Dogg.

-SAC#2= Cut brought into the scene by forum member O.Gkushman, O.Gkushman got the cut from DJ Muggs.

-P.R OG A.K.A Private Reserve O.G= Another O.G cut that ORGNKID brought into the scene. The cut was sold to Med patients as Private Reserve O.G through the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.

-Apothecary = O.G cut brought into the scene by the apothecary seed co's Brett. Brett got it from a high profile Medical MJ activist in L.A back in 1999

-Diablo= This = cut came from the R.D.C disp. In the San Fernando Valley

-Raskal's OG= Another cut sourced in the San Fernando Valley. Cut was bought for several thousand dollers from ******* ***** members by a friends of forum member OGraskal

-HA OG= Cut came from an commercial H.A room in Orange County, grown by the same crew that brought the Orange County Larry cut into the medical Disp.

-Poison OG=Cut came from O.Gkushman, he grew it from seed found in a pound of O.G back in ‘96

-SAC#1 & #3= #1 came from G-Thumb in the San Fernando Valley, #3 came from San Fernando Valley but is very popular in Santa Barbara and sometimes goes by the name “Purple O.G Kush”, the cut was brought into the scene by the owner of the now defunct Hortipharm in Santa Barbara

R

Rolln J

cool - I have heard bits and pieces of your post - but never saw it all in one spot like that...

I think there is a lot of truth to some of the facets in that post... Im sure this post will start a up a healthy discussion.

lol everybody loves to get fired up about everybody's favorite herb to fire up!

R

Rocky Top

I don't have a clue as to the legacy of the OG. However, I do know the taste and the buzz and regardless of all the "hoopla" surrounding this strain, it is just pure dank. Thanks to swerve, I now have a few cuts of the Larry that I am choosing a mother from. This thread will be interesting but from this distance, it doesn't matter. The strain speaks for itself.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Anyone have a line on the Banana OG Kush? I got it through a friend and also a cut (that turned out to be the same cut) from ORGNKID.I got My Bubba Kush though the same friend I got the Banana OG.Can`t remember who I got my Pre 98 from because I made so many trades at that time it became confusing. I made my BubbaGum from the Pre 98 Bubba Kush crossed from a mother plant left me By Elite Who rented from me.The Mother was Marked Star Kush,Mota. I asked Mota and he said he never sent Elite a cut of his Star Kush and it sounded like His Bubblegum.I asked Elite and he said it was a cut he got in a trade, but it was Mota`s Star Kush. Anyway it`s a nice cross and a keeper!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh forgot I picked up a couple Violater Kush clones through GoodKarmGrowers a month or so ago.Anyone know anything about these?

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

weeehawww, ya baby, I knew that the OG had to have some kind of tie leanage in it, the og cut I have is heavy on the lemon tie side Im cleaning some right now that has a 3 month cure, and the only green left on the plants are the few water leaves all the buds are all lemon gold in color with slite green undertones, with a lemon fule smell, I did a run last year with the og that I have and I let it go about 75 days befor chop, let it cure 6 months and it was total dark brown, no green on the buds at all, it looked and smoked just like the killer tie bud I use to get back in the late 70s early 80s:icon_dizzy:, aaa thoes were the days:smiley_joint: ,ya baby papas loven it I gots me some killa lemon tie og, as soon as I figure how to post pics Ill show u guys some killer lemon gold og buds, dose anybody eleses og turn gold or brown after a good cure?. Nice post, Im gona see if I can track down the artical that hightimes did on the OG a couple years ago about its Orgin and see how they compare. All I know is I love the OG strains, and the Bubba kush the 2 of the best strains on the planet barnone:smiley_joint:.

P

purekushkills

yeah, not sure about all that lineage...seems to me like there are a few stories floatin around that people tend to fall back on. If people are so sure about it why don't they attempt to recreate it??

Now THAT is a good idea :D

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

yeah, not sure about all that lineage...seems to me like there are a few stories floatin around that people tend to fall back on. If people are so sure about it why don't they attempt to recreate it??

Now THAT is a good idea :D

Remake it from what ?????
These dudes are not gonna tell you how they made it
Bling_DJ_Gorilla.jpg
rasta_orangutan.jpg

:damnhippie:

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

The thang about the the hightimes artical is it ends were this guys story picks up, they go back all they way to the guy who baught the half pound of some killer bud and got 12 seeds out of the half, the first 2 or 3 seeds he poped are the ones that started all this crazy shit, hes the one who gifted it to the guys in the tahoe aera, I cant remember the story very good, but as soon as I find it Ill post it.

S

Swerve

OG Kush:

"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush."

Lineage:Chemdog x [ Lemon Thai x Old World Paki Kush]

the above story is a fabricated story .. they were tryn to sell lemon thai seeds..i talked to the originator of the story and he couldnt back it... if you created this plant with those things then where r they. if you created a lengend among legends why would you ditch it for something.. considering og has been fetching super high $ amount for over a decade now just doesnt make sense to me to throw my stock of this strain i created.....would it....now everyone is saying its from florida... first its this story now from florida.. its a cali strain and everyone know this

i truly believe it a Chemdog 91 s1 . as theya re all to dam similar......

P

purekushkills

Remake it from what ?????
These dudes are not gonna tell you how they made it

hahahaha rasta monkeys!!! and I'm sure swerve's got some old school genes lying around for a possible recreation project...like he said its probably a chem. Sooo similar.

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

the saga continues!!!lol man i love swerve's bx1, bx2, and everyone i talk to says swerve is the authority on og period!!! so i think thats official ticial!!!! lol dj

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Since it has no Dad to claim it... like an abandon kid on the streets lol
Swerve should be the official OG Stepfather and appointed guardian......... =)

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Since it has no Dad to claim it... like an abandon kid on the streets lol
Swerve should be the official OG Stepfather and appointed guardian......... =)

Here here, I second that nomanation all in favor say I, I, I, I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I, that it, its offical the I"s have it, And because BIG PAPA says so :) Swerve is the origen and keeper of this fine ass urbe that we love and enjoy so much today, period. Dont really care much how it got here, just glad to have it, and that swerve, and raskel are keeping it alive and well, a big thumbs up to u guys, mucho respect.

K

KUSHIEKUSH

That all sounds like folklore to me. Not saying its false but people always add their part to every story.lol

K

KUSHIEKUSH

One more thing just a question to throw out there! Aren't all s1 suppose to be identical to the mother??! So why would og be an s1 of a Chemdog wouldn't it be still called Chemdog but just an s1 as all these strains are called.? Like when people make s1 seeds they dnt change the lineage on the strain because its a seed its still an s1. S in s1 means selfed right? I'm kinda confused it seems to me everyone has a story and everyone is gonna use the story that best convinces them. Its all in the head and no one really knows the story and that's the truth! People use to say an ounce now its a pound the story is just all fucked up now.lol

Top Bottom