Og Kush Genome Project

• Thread starter Pimples
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimples

As the title says...does anyone know what became of it? Results? Current status?

epitome

epitome

Even scarier when you realize it's already been done and not just with OG Kush but many many hazes and kushes....patents and genomes= patent wars and lawsuits...Fucking storms here...way past brewing, lawyer up

P

Pimples

Even scarier when you realize it's already been done and not just with OG Kush but many many hazes and kushes....patents and genomes= patent wars and lawsuits...Fucking storms here...way past brewing, lawyer up
Its going to happen..no doubt. By the time it does. ..our (mine) little thing will be gone. Full legalization will put almost all of us away. 100 bucks a pound or less. Economy of scale and huge outdoor and greenhouse crops. Just like any other ag crop. And like tv amd radio stations. ..owned by a handful of ag companies

Krypto

Krypto

Are these companies buying and patenting strains??? I missed something.
What about landraces?
THEY CAN'T DO THAT, right?

epitome

epitome

Are these companies buying and patenting strains??? I missed something.
What about landraces?
THEY CAN'T DO THAT, right?
no disrespect but are you serious? Are you familiar with monsanto? Maybe people/growers/potheads will believe it when they start loosing thier businesses in patent courts if theirs such a thing....rude awakening for the egotistical self-righteous "worthy" marijuana dispensary owners....it's hard to believe any nonmonopoly mmj business will survive this...underground royalty has cornered quality cannnasuer chronic and left Schwag to the walmart mmj monopolies

Krypto

Krypto

None taken. And yes I have heard of Monsanto. And I was implying a certain amount of naivety on my part because I don't have ALL the facts. But, at any rate. This truly makes me sick. However, being as small as we are (for personal use only) I'm hoping this won't affect us too bad. In the meantime, what do you suggest we do?

epitome

epitome

None taken. And yes I have heard of Monsanto. And I was implying a certain amount of naivety on my part because I don't have ALL the facts. But, at any rate. This truly makes me sick. However, being as small as we are (for personal use only) I'm hoping this won't affect us too bad. In the meantime, what do you suggest we do?
The endless pursuit of all the facts...

M

MamaBear

"U.S. Patent No. 6,630,507 covers the potential use of non-psychoactive cannabinoids — chemical compounds found within the plant species cannabis sativa — to protect the brain from damage or degeneration caused by certain diseases, such as cirrhosis."
US Gov't already got it! I think it will be hard for Monsanto to get a patent on "medical marijuana" if someone else already has it.
I think if they want to patent new hybrids they create, OK. They created them, they have the right to do it. But that don't give them the right to sue me for my few plants that I've been growing for years - way before they got any patents!
Take lots of pictures with your plants - with signs marking what they are. Good to have all the back-up you need "just in case".
I'm sure Monsanto will create many new strains. And they will add genetic markers so they can track them (and sue you if you grow them "illegally" !)
Yeah - round up all the "old" seeds you can find NOW!

Krypto

Krypto

The endless pursuit of all the facts...
Oh I can dig that brother. And I agree man if I put something on here that's not accurate factually it was an honest mistake. I remember years ago and they were talking about legalizing marijuana and I thought yeah that's going to be great for a minute. But eventually the government's going to swoop down like a black vulture of death and snatch up everybody's hard work. All you guys have been holding down heirloom OG kush for 20-plus years the Chemdog certain landrace cuts it kind of blows man! And so does our government! And that really really sucks if that's what I want to do for the rest of my life man is grow medicine. Grow medicine for the specific purpose of helping people with specific medical problems. And if I move to a certain state or certain States. I can do that! But yeah I've got the constant Big Brother watching my ass. You know what I've said enough I think you get the point. It is cool! Lol :-) peace love to all my brothers on the farm!

Krypto

Krypto

Pop and preserve your oldest purest lines, then send them to me for testing.....very unlikely that patented genetics will not be present but what the heck, it's worth the try eh...
are you saying there's a good chance that my Af-PAK, a pure one-hundred-percent Hindu Kush hybrid. From Crossing a selected Afghan Kush and a selected Pakistani Kush... You're telling me that that plants already has a patent on it? Please God in heaven.. LOL.
I pray to God that I misunderstood you psycho. But I'm looking at this 15 minute long video about the bright green group and it was sounded real good up until about the 10-minute mark.

Krypto

Krypto

Okay so, I just watch the introductory video to the bright green group of companies websites. It's about 15 minutes long... it sounds like a good deal for the Pueblo people so they can stay on the reservation and sounds like a good deal for people in that area that they're having problems with gainful employment because it's going to create thousands and thousands of jobs. As a 40 year old white male without a college degree, it might also be good would also good for me. My wife and I have made the decision to relocate to Colorado for medical reasons. But I have to get a job there before we pull up stakes and move. My wife has A back injury that prevents her from working. Blah blah blah. Anyway... I'm not sure what to think about the bright green group period of companies LOL. Paid for by private investors, it sounds like a conglomerate like the Carlyle Group only instead of defense and weapons and stuff they're trying to get on the green bandwagon. I really don't know guys. But if I get a gut feeling about something I'll just stick with that...

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

are you saying there's a good chance that my Af-PAK, a pure one-hundred-percent Hindu Kush hybrid. From Crossing a selected Afghan Kush and a selected Pakistani Kush... You're telling me that that plants already has a patent on it? Please God in heaven.. LOL.
I pray to God that I misunderstood you psycho. But I'm looking at this 15 minute long video about the bright green group and it was sounded real good up until about the 10-minute mark.
Afghanistan and Pakistan and Hindu Kush range has had cannabis exported for ages, my guess is it is highly likely that many Hindu Kush range plants are patented, I'm not a patent lawyer but if I could afford one I would pay to patent and pay to preserve and pay to have a list of patented genetics, while we're dishing out cheddar I would pay to design a process to identify patented plants and unpatented plants....they cannot patent them all right??? This post is 100% opinion...

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

No. I guess not ALL. but if the patent is on the Chemotype....then CRAP!
I'm afraid of diving in to the details, just take for example the reverse engineering and counterfeiting of merchandise....China for example receives the blueprint to manufacture a product for a company where it may or may not be in business longterm but China's reverse engineering is always in business ya dig? In other words, I'm not sure how much a plant patent would have to change to avoid infringement

M

MJPassion

Three's no need toget all scared about patented cannabis yall.

Phylos Bioscience is our friend here.
You see, their projects main focus is bringing clones/cultivars, varieties & strains into the public domain. By doing so, they are eliminating the possibility that these cultivars, varieties & strains cannot be patented or protected from public use.

There are 4 cannabis cultivars that I am aware that are currently patented but the terms they are protected under are so broad that it's likely that the patents won't hold water in a legal setting if the patent holders attempt to bring an infringement suit.

Anyway,
Yall that don't want a particular clone or seed line to be patented can help by sending as many samples as you can afford to one of the participating labs to have the DNA extracted & sequenced for inclusion in the public domain.

Top Bottom