OG Kush, New Flower Room, 2nd grow, and another thread 🤣🤣

• Thread starter BurnzYzBudZz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
If you’re serious, yes I’ll pass along the question as written because I don’t understand it.
To explain what I am asking without numbers.
IMG 20201108 132716950

Let's take the top graphs as the effectiveness on @MHippie stomach pain vs how much of his HSC strain Squirt he smoked. Let's further suggest we are trying to figure out how much the beta caryophyllene matters vs just the thc.

We could model it like above. X axis is how much he smoked, Y axis is relief. He gets a lot of relief up to a point at which point he gets diminishing returns. I hope the graphs make sense. But already you can see how you would have complications because you would have to figure out how much thc matters vs beta caryophyllene matters and figure out the interaction effect between the two. In this case you can see how I made beta caryophyllene really important up to a point at which point you get to diminishing returns faster than with thc. Just making this up.

Figuring out the weights is done via running regressionary analysis on a data set (details are not important other than more data means a better model of the reality of the effect).

There are over five hundred chemicals that could play together in cannabis. Minimum.

So like, the above kind of analysis can work really well for a lot of problems (spam filters are a great example where it gives a piece of mail a spam score with weights using a process like i outline above). But holy crap does cannabis, with its rich complexity, present some hurdles to full understanding.

If there is interest i can expand further in my own thread. I don't want to hijack Burnzy any more than I already have.

Last edited:
amekins

amekins

To explain what I am asking without numbers.
View attachment 1053520
Let's take the top graphs as the effectiveness on @MHippie stomach pain vs how much of his HSC strain Squirt he smoked. Let's further suggest we are trying to figure out how much the beta caryophyllene matters vs just the thc.

We could model it like above. But already you can see how you would have complications because you would have to figure out how much thc matters vs beta caryophyllene matter and figure out the interaction effect between the two. Figuring out the weights is done via running regressionary analysis on a data set (details are not important).

There are over five hundred chemicals that could play together in cannabis. Minimum.

So like, the above kind of analysis can work really well for a lot of problems (spam filters are a great example where it gives a piece of mail a spam score with weights using a process like i outline above). But holy crap does cannabis, with its rich complexity, present some hurdles to full understanding.

If there is interest i can expand further in my own thread. I don't want to hijack Burnzy any more than I already have.
His short response (I just sent him the more detailed post with drawing) to the first part of your question. I’m not sure if he will be helpful or pissed off with questions. It depends on how much homework he still has.
602CE8D0 CD32 4FD9 BBA3 879E6CDD93BF
E0E3CA8A 75A1 4598 9C8D 51E557BA81EC

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
His short response (I just sent him the more detailed post with drawing) to the first part of your question. I’m not sure if he will be helpful or pissed off with questions. It depends on how much homework he still has.View attachment 1053526View attachment 1053527
Nice. I don't have any further questions for him. Totally a fair answer. I hope he enjoys project euler if he gets into it!

Part of my asking is I am working on how to create a data set that would be fascinating to young people like your son so they can analyze it out of the pure interest that people that age have in abundance sometimes and help us circumvent whatever the hell our traditional research institutions have in mind. Let knowledge flow, be reorganized, and flow more!!! Many of these states are doing all this testing and they have no idea what to do with the numbers...like Michigan. I bet a good patient data set could be hooked up to that chemical analysis with the right strings being pulled...

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

🥰🥰my grandfathers last name was BYRNES, when he and my grandmother immigrated to the US from Ireland. However, he had to change the spelling of his last name to BURNS in order to become a citizen of the US and be legally allowed to work here. Not sure why, I like the uniqueness of the way they used to be spelled.
Could have been the reason it changed, as people couldn’t spell it here so your ancestors simply just changed the spelling to be “ Americanized” ?
Happened with my mothers side just a one letter change .

amekins

amekins

Nice. I don't have any further questions for him. Totally a fair answer. I hope he enjoys project euler if he gets into it!

Part of my asking is I am working on how to create a data set that would be fascinating to young people like your son so they can analyze it out of the pure interest that people that age have in abundance sometimes and help us circumvent whatever the hell our traditional research institutions have in mind. Let knowledge flow, be reorganized, and flow more!!! Many of these states are doing all this testing and they have no idea what to do with the numbers...like Michigan. I bet a good patient data set could be hooked up to that chemical analysis with the right strings being pulled...
He hasn’t told me he’s busy on other stuff. So I suspect a seed has been planted. It may take years to germinate.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
He hasn’t told me he’s busy on other stuff. So I suspect a seed has been planted. It may take years to germinate.
I work with high schoolers on college test prep so I try to appeal to kids and their curiosity a lot. Thank you again so much for indulging me. I know I can be a bit much.

Btw open offer to anyone regular here: if your kid needs help with college prep stuff and you don't have a plan for it, message me. This is not me drumming up business (seriously, I'd rather not exchange anything). Just good vibes.

Last edited:
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
That was my Dads #2 favourite meal after liver and onions.
Used to be one of my favs until one day i was eating it and got something stuck in my teeth.. Pulled it out and it was a 3/4" long section of artery.. Made me sick.. started poking around the plate and noticed a ton of little artery chunks in the corned beef.

Havent touched it since.
Bad cut. Brisket doesnt have arteries I dont think. I dont believe I've ever ran into one. When the brisket is cut down, its traditionally done in a rectangular slab for corned beef. And the only reason I know that is because for almost 25 years that we've been together, its ine of her favorite meals too lol. :))

amekins

amekins

I work with high schoolers on college test prep so I try to appeal to kids and their curiosity a lot. Thank you again so much for indulging me. I know I can be a bit much.

Btw open offer to anyone regular here: if your kid needs help with college prep stuff and you don't have a plan for it, message me. This is not me drumming up business (seriously, I'd rather not exchange anything). Just good vibes.
The next text I received was this. He works so hard and puts so much pressure on himself. And this was a bad week for exams. He had three exams back to back on Thursday so it was a stressful day.
C4C84860 C66E 43B6 9B81 1D331250A1E2

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Bad cut. Brisket doesnt have arteries I dont think. I dont believe I've ever ran into one. When the brisket is cut down, its traditionally done in a rectangular slab for corned beef. And the only reason I know that is because for almost 25 years that we've been together, its ine of her favorite meals too lol. :))

He always used that hereford shit from the can... lol

amekins

amekins

FYI he sat for the Putnam exam for the first time last year and actually had a positive score.
Bro... if our paths ever cross, I'll make sure you have it done right :)
Ahem ahem (clearing throat).

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Assessment time:
Plant 1 runoff: 228ppm 5.9ph
Plant 2 runoff: 208ppm 6.1ph

You may see me make a decision here. I’m seeing mostly all cloudy with some amber here and there. Just the way we all like it over here. I don’t think it’d hurt to chop tomorrow so I can get ready for next run and start drying these babies. Clones will be rooted by next week. I want to dry run my system before I plant the clones. Not a day late, or a buck short. Stoked!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Assessment time:
Plant 1 runoff: 228ppm 5.9ph
Plant 2 runoff: 208ppm 6.1ph

You may see me make a decision here. I’m seeing mostly all cloudy with some amber here and there. Just the way we all like it over here. I don’t think it’d hurt to chop tomorrow so I can get ready for next run and start drying these babies. Clones will be rooted by next week. I want to dry run my system before I plant the clones. Not a day late, or a buck short. Stoked!

seems early to cut. Pistils only started to turn a week ago no?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
seems early to cut. Pistils only started to turn a week ago no?
No, they’ve been producing and dying back for a while. Barely producing new ones. I’m not going off new pistil production because it seems they will continue to produce but foxtail. I’m going off trichs. Cloudy with a splash of amber. 60 days is what breeder specifies, pretty spot on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom