"og" Or "original" Brand Additive To Reduce Stretch

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

Has anybody heard of this specific brand? A guy I met was going on about it and how it's all natural blah, blah. Not knowing exactly what it was I didn't engage. Sounds like a PGR, none of which are particularly healthy for you as far as I know. But I cant find it anywhere and it's bugging the shit outa me.

3 balls

3 balls

I figured it out, OG Rapid Flower. While the label has zero ingredient info LOL, it is by the state of Oregon at least assumed to contain Paclobutrazol.
While the consensus on the farm is PGR's are evil, I found it interesting that recent write ups in a couple of weed magazines simply described them as a way to boost your yield.
Now I'm curious how they are able to be sold and is it possibly comparable to organic vs. non organic preference.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Not all PGR's are bad for you. That said I'm not familiar with using this stuff. For height control I'd use temp differential and light spectrum. When I was growing in a small cabinet years ago I would use MH lights throughout stretch before switching to HPS, and i kept my lights out temp a few degrees warmer than my lights on temp during stretch also. Both of those will produce shorter plants.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
*RECORD SCRATCH* Paclobutrazol, Daminozide and Chlormequat aren't bad for you? I hope that's not what you are saying.

Or are you speaking more broadly about plant-based hormones like triacontanol and cytokinins?

No I'm speaking generally about PGRs. I'm just saying some of them like gibberellin, cytokinin and Triacontanol are PGRs and they are ok to use, but some of them arent, like the ones you mentioned. I've never used or even heard of paclobutrazol.

3 balls

3 balls

Not all PGR's are bad for you. That said I'm not familiar with using this stuff. For height control I'd use temp differential and light spectrum. When I was growing in a small cabinet years ago I would use MH lights throughout stretch before switching to HPS, and i kept my lights out temp a few degrees warmer than my lights on temp during stretch also. Both of those will produce shorter plants.
Just this week I was listening to an old Kyle Kushman podcast where he recommended the same- treating week 1 like veg as far as blue light. Another thing I've started doing is waiting until week 3 to enrich the CO2.

3 balls

3 balls

A quick follow up for anybody interested.
I researched this a bit further and came to the conclusion this is a sad world we live in. Paclobutrazol the PGR found in this stuff and many other unscrupulous bottles of "bud hardeners" will in fact pack on the weight, the problem is it's toxic and not even allowed on food crops. It was pulled from the shelves in WA and OR, possibly other places but guess what, type it up on Amazon and what comes up? Diamond Density "New label same great formula as OG". Sick fucks for sure.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They have had this stuff a long time apparently. General hydro had something and maybe advanced. They had to re label or take off the market a while back.

It will always be around as it is used to keep landscaping and such at bay around buildings and properties.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I remember one of those was called gravity. A friend of mine swore by it. I was looking around the internet trying to find it and later found out it was banned in California and I think colorado and Oregon maybe so I changed my mind and ever got it. Now I try to stay as organic as possible

Top Bottom