• Thread starter Harpua88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I've had nothing but success with re-vegging. At the least it gives a 2hd harvest that is just as fast and just as big as the first harvest. If done right it could be a little faster and a little bigger. It depends on certain variables of course.......you may not be able to harvest the first round very late, when they're very ripe, when I did it I went to 20on/4off, certain strains may be a little slower to respond, like many pure Indicas, and depending on the soil/medium and how drained of nutrients they are after the 1st round, you have to compensate with extra feeding for round 2. It also works better when they're not in small pots so that there's a little extra root space.

Last edited:
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Here's the other half of the basement......the fun/hang out/entertainment room. Through the brown door is the boiler room half and that's where the closet is. It's still very early in the season, there are many months to go, but here it is May 12th and it's 59 degrees down here. Based on the last 2 summers here, even deep into August/September, the highest temperature down here gets to maybe 68-69. That's the peak, then it starts going back down. The coldest I've seen it get is 55. Plus there's a dehumidifier.......so even in July/August when it gets to 90 or more, it's like a movie theater down here, free air conditioning, and we need sweatshirts. This basement is one of the reasons we bought this house in this location.

20230512 213301
20230512 213322
20230512 213329
20230512 213339
20230512 213347
20230512 213357
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Topped them all off with a little extra soil, did some very selective trimming of the lowest/earliest leaves, unproductive branches, and rotated the pots, and instead of cutting entire large fan leaves to open up a little light space, I like to cut only the large middle finger (ha!) of that fan leaf......

I believe in very minimal, selective pruning. Before I make any cut I have to have a clear reason for making that cut. If I don't have a good reason, I don't cut. I never prune "just for the heck of it". All of this is done to prepare for tying, clipping, training over the next week to prepare for flowering.

I also added gnat/fly tape and did some very quick spraying with a more natural spray. I've seen a few gnats, just getting ahead of it. I spray the closet then roll the plants back in. I'm going to sprinkle a little more diotemay-maysimoneous earth as well.

20230514 181857
20230514 181901
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Had to go back to the city for a few days......usually we cram as many appointments, work appts., doctors, whatever.....into just 3 days, and head back upstate. Especially now that we have a cat, and the closet garden, I don't want to be away from the house for more than 3 days.....for now.

This time I had a physical, so did my son so we got that done. But also.....I have a friggin" hernia. :(. I knew it, I just needed confirmation and a referral to a surgeon. I was an idiot, lifted a snowblower we bought from a neighbor up onto a truck.

Most hernias are self-diagnosed. Not a bad one, some people get crazy big bulges....this is rather small, annoying.....but I gotta get it done.

Anyway. I'm sure that after just these last 3 days the plants are significantly bigger. Tomorrow I'll do the tying down, clipping/training, and it's time to pick a flip/flower day. Maybe another 5 days. We'll see.....

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
They thrive on neglect
Indeed. If you can't come up with a darn good reason for doing something......don't do it. You want to do something? Clean up....

3+ hours. 10 minutes per pot, tying down, clipping, pruning, watering. Each pot got half a gallon of water. It's the first real watering since transplanting. The soil was very moist when I transplanted, I could have waited a couple more days to water, but I didn't want the roots to start hitting dry pockets. I could have added another quart per pot, but the roots haven't spread out enough yet and I didn’t want to overwater, but I'll check the moisture level tomorrow to see if they need some more.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Now it's about when to flip, when to add in light #2, and when/how to turn up the power. Right now I'm still running the HLG Diablo at 40%. I'm actually afraid to turn it up to 60%. The 2 times I did I could tell it was too much, and that was at nearly 3 feet above the plants. I wonder if I'm ever going to run both at 100%.

Anyway, I'm happy with the way things are going. If I didn't have all of those delays this is how they would have looked arpund the beginning of April....

20230521 110452
20230521 110422
20230521 110427
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I won some "trophy"? 1000 posts?.......that's supposed to be a good thing?? ;)

The level is called "addicted:. I wouldn't go that far....."persistent weirdo" would be more like it. But, thank you. I couldn’t have done it without being an oddball hippie clown... ;)

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
He will definitely keep the critter population down.
He (or she) can have all the red squirrels it wants. Those things are a pain in the ass. The other 2 are raccoons and groundhogs. But I don't think the fox will be taking them on.

This one's been around quite a few times, it lives around here. Once in a while it let's out wicked yelps. Like a cross between a wolf and a cat, scratchy and primal....

Ah, crap......Tina Turner died..... :(

J

JiMBeANeR

He (or she) can have all the red squirrels it wants. Those things are a pain in the ass. The other 2 are raccoons and groundhogs. But I don't think the fox will be taking them on.

This one's been around quite a few times, it lives around here. Once in a while it let's out wicked yelps. Like a cross between a wolf and a cat, scratchy and primal....

Ah, crap......Tina Turner died..... :(
Just seen that about Tina too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom