• Thread starter Harpua88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Hope you’re right! I wish I could get that ratio from regs! Unfortunately, Karma has a big say in it!😁
Well, you can.....just buy feminized seeds. I just don't want to breed with them.

I could be wrong. I don't see many pre-flowers yet. Even if 12 or 14 out of 20 are female that would be in normal range.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I agree with you can tell kind of by the physiology. It’s kind of fun to guess and see if you are right. I run a lot of regulars also.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That karma doesn't play around that's why I try to be honest and truthful. What you put out you get back 😉
Agreed. And for the last 25 years, I’ve held myself to a very high standard in that respect. But the 20 years before that were a whole different story! And mistress karma doesn’t just forget about that 20 years! Lol.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I agree with you can tell kind of by the physiology. It’s kind of fun to guess and see if you are right. I run a lot of regulars also.
Yes, they have different architecture. Females will tend to branch more, males are more solid, usually taller, heartier, but less branching, less development.

I only want to breed with regular photoperiods. I don't want autos or feminized seeds. I don't think we fully know what could happen in the future genetically from breeding with feminized plants. They could lead to more hermaphrodites, or overall weaker genetics. I think a lot of seed companies/sellers who have feminized seeds only, don't want people making their own seeds. They want to keep and control the genetics.

J

JiMBeANeR

Yes, they have different architecture. Females will tend to branch more, males are more solid, usually taller, heartier, but less branching, less development.

I only want to breed with regular photoperiods. I don't want autos or feminized seeds. I don't think we fully know what could happen in the future genetically from breeding with feminized plants. They could lead to more hermaphrodites, or overall weaker genetics. I think a lot of seed companies/sellers who have feminized seeds only, don't want people making their own seeds. They want to keep and control the genetics.
100% correct on all this!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Today's the day. Well, the night......the day is the night, the night will be the day. On 10pm, off 10am. I'm going to add the RSpec at 20% and rotate the pots every other day. Timers were set and tested.

I also got around to planting the 4 seeds I found at the bottom of my trunk. I'm really not expecting them to pop. They're literally 30yrs old.

Last pics before the flip.

20230530 141057
20230530 141102
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Flower day 1. (First day of 12/12).

Both lights now plugged in to timers. Spread the pots out more. 22 plants and 2 clones in 20 pots. Turned on the Scorpion RSpec for the first time. It's at 20%. Tomorrow I raise the Diablo light (what silly names.....) 6 inches and go from 40% to 60%. I hope to bring the RSpec to 40% next week.

20230530 222140
20230530 222201
20230530 222223
20230530 222232
20230530 222236
20230530 222246
20230530 141057
20230530 141102
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I hate being away. It's especially hard now that I've flipped to flower. It's not that I need to babysit them or play around, it's just not being there as things progress. I'm confident in the timers, the temp/humidity are solid. I know things are good.......you just never know.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I hate being away. It's especially hard now that I've flipped to flower. It's not that I need to babysit them or play around, it's just not being there as things progress. I'm confident in the timers, the temp/humidity are solid. I know things are good.......you just never know.
I know exactly how you feel. If you love your plants you want to be there to catch them if they fall. But your ladies look very healthy. Oh if you want a very simple way to keep an eye on them while you are away just get a simply safe system and hook the cameras up in your space. Don’t start the service, and just have it wired to your Wi-Fi. That way you can wake up the camera whenever you want through your phone and take a look. Works great when I go on vacation, as long as your internet is up and running you are golden. Just something I do from time to time…..it’s a cheap rig.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I know exactly how you feel. If you love your plants you want to be there to catch them if they fall. But your ladies look very healthy. Oh if you want a very simple way to keep an eye on them while you are away just get a simply safe system and hook the cameras up in your space. Don’t start the service, and just have it wired to your Wi-Fi. That way you can wake up the camera whenever you want through your phone and take a look. Works great when I go on vacation, as long as your internet is up and running you are golden. Just something I do from time to time…..it’s a cheap rig.
You know, that's at the top of our list.......good call. We have the Blink system for the doors, and a security system with cameras and motion detectots. But the cameras are outdoors. The motion detectors are indoors. These cover everything, I can even see the outdoor plants area.

I put my wife in charge of getting 2 indoor cameras, one outside the closet looking at the whole area, and 1 pointed into the closet. So she's on it. I think she's torn between 2 possible systems.......

What do you use? I don't mind going for a good one if it's worth it.

And I hope I don't have all ladies! ;). If I do that means these seed companies gave me feminized when I specifically bought regular m/f seeds. I don't think I'd have the room for all females, and I'm hoping for a couple of big males to breed with.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
You know, that's at the top of our list.......good call. We have the Blink system for the doors, and a security system with cameras and motion detectots. But the cameras are outdoors. The motion detectors are indoors. These cover everything, I can even see the outdoor plants area.

I put my wife in charge of getting 2 indoor cameras, one outside the closet looking at the whole area, and 1 pointed into the closet. So she's on it. I think she's torn between 2 possible systems.......

What do you use? I don't mind going for a good one if it's worth it.

And I hope I don't have all ladies! ;). If I do that means these seed companies gave me feminized when I specifically bought regular m/f seeds. I don't think I'd have the room for all females, and I'm hoping for a couple of big males to breed with.
I just bought the simply safe 2 camera kit. Under a couple hundo if I remember right. Works like a charm.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I’m not sure as far as comparing any of them personally, I can just go off of personal experience, my cams are 1080P not amazing, but not bodega quality, I’ve found when out of town they work fucking perfect as long as my internet connection isn’t shitting the bed.

B

BillyBanchan

Wait, you don't just sit there, talking to them and loving on them throughout the day?!

That's what I missed most from growing in the 90s... Just sitting there looking at them, wondering.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Facts 🙌 I didn't care what brand but when my wife showed me how she linked my mom's cameras I was all in. If 1 goes off they all start recording and the flood lights kick on. My backyard gets lit up like a prison yard 🤣🤣🤣
See where the mind of a grower goes....?

If you have plants outdoors.....and it gets lit up at night......

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Wait, you don't just sit there, talking to them and loving on them throughout the day?!

That's what I missed most from growing in the 90s... Just sitting there looking at them, wondering.
Been there done that. '88 to '94, although after the first couple of years you don't hang out quite as much.....but yeah.....Tiger....1986 -2003. I miss him a lot. I miss all our cats but he was our first, when my wife and I moved in together in '86, we were teenagers. She was 18, I was a little younger... ;). We kind of ran away together and into the apartment I was born in to.......my Mom moved out and basically let us take over......so we did. My wife helped put me through college, we got jobs......

Anyway, Tiger was our first cat, and man did he love to hang out with me when I was working on the closet. And he would beg for leaves......I felt so bad at the seedling stage because I couldn't give him any, but eventually there was enough rotation that he always got a leaf.....

He was a Siamese........no just kidding of course he was a Tabby/Tiger! 😆

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I’m not sure as far as comparing any of them personally, I can just go off of personal experience, my cams are 1080P not amazing, but not bodega quality, I’ve found when out of town they work fucking perfect as long as my internet connection isn’t shitting the bed.
I want 4D surround VR immersion quality only. ;)

I'll let you know which one we get, and hopefully I'll be able to share pics and video from them. That would be cool. Imagine......I could be hundreds of miles away, look in live on the plants, take pictures and video, and share them, almost in real time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom