Oh boy, here we go.....my 1st grow in nearly 30 years

• Thread starter Harpua88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gmix

Gmix

Reading again you going to run mazer if so cool I’d like to see that one grow done it a few times & even crossed it with a skunk & oh gosh I forgot mind it was 30 years ago all I remember was it was a nice grow

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
You're gonna have a forest... and a full time job lol.
There's still another order I forgot to list. Luckily my wife has tolerance for me taking up 1/4 of the fridge.......

I have nearly 30 years to make up for.

Even though the closet will be reserved for the 12 best final selected females, I'll have the other area outside the closet for overflows, males, autos.......I'm going to nuy 1 more light for that area. And i know I'm going to have to be very tight with keeping the males from random pollination. I'll have to keep tight controls and may just move them to another room altogether.

Puctures coming of the planting, direct and paper towel.....

I'll get there. Right is better than fast.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Please stand by......

Oil to Propane switch done, Plumber here setting up line, filtration, Ph adjust, fire suppression tanks, electrician tomorrow......I'm better off staying out of everyone's way....

Why is there an ad for vape stuff up there?

Please stand by ;)

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Reading again you going to run mazer if so cool I’d like to see that one grow done it a few times & even crossed it with a skunk & oh gosh I forgot mind it was 30 years ago all I remember was it was a nice grow
You think Skunks are best to cross with Mazars? I'm also thinking of crossing them with Sativas. I'm all about opposites, crossings totally different things. But like I said I'm all open to ideas and suggestions. I'm gonna be doing some dumb things so...... ;)

I have one big, long term idea that's gloating around in my head. We'll see if I can get there.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Bummer....... ;)

While I'm waiting

Just like with wine and beer, weed descriptions have gotten a little comical. We've made fun of the way beer has gone lately, especially sours and wilds......"Fluttering undernotes of death and dead baby...".

Weed is weed. It's not cocaine, or opium......one strain doesn't make you want to run a marathon and do calculus, and another doesn't ease the pain of your leg broken in half....

Even funnier is when descriptions are translated from another language....

"You have selected Purple Murples! transient flashes of radiant purple will amaze your senses! The first hit sends waves of exciting euphoria, tingling through your mind....."

Really? Cuz.....I want that....with the tingling..

Anyway, I half agree with this articie. Fir the most part, weed is weed. You're gonna get high/stoned on THC, you'll probably get goofy, red-eyed, and then tired......

But, there's clearly differences with entourage, other cannabinoids......clearly differences between pure Indicas and Sativas, and definitely differences with a variety of landraces and heirlooms.....

But aside from those very clear, distinct differences, once you get into the mish-mosh of hybrids, powerful resin-soaked monsters.......this:

Gmix

Gmix

I can’t say bud i was just closet breeding back then & had to stop ages ago long story.

All I remember was it was a skunk#1 x chitral x mazar
I think I may have used to mazar to bring the hight down. It was a good cross mind my only real one that turned out very good In five years of trying.
It had a pine taste & done well outside. These where the original mind todays mazar might not be the mazar of yesterday.

I tried once to cross total opposites with a Mexican & ? it tasted like sick so it can be a weird thing.

Just set up a 7.5f x 3.5f so I could start playing around again must admit I have some plans.

Oh well best go & check the lady’s have a good one bud

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Ok don't hate on me now........

So as I get ready, I've never done the paper towel method before, and I need to tackle this. So I took some of my own seeds, I picked some that weren't the best looking, and I did it just to get my head around it. If I didn't have a few hundred of my own made seeds I wouldn't go doing this.......certainly not with purchased seeds. I know I've let them go too long, I sprinkled a little soil just to give them some extra time......

The real test is going to be taking towel-popped seeds and carefully moving them to the soil cups.......and them actually not dying. We'll see.

The only good thing about my delays is the extra few days to try this, plus the time to keep thinking and planning. Let's see how these transplant just so I can understand it and experience it.

20230122 153437
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

So as I get ready, I've never done the paper towel method before, and I need to tackle this. So I took some of my own seeds, I picked some that weren't the best looking, and I did it just to get my head around it. If I didn't have a few hundred of my own made seeds I wouldn't go doing this.......certainly not with purchased seeds. I know I've let them go too long, I sprinkled a little soil just to give them some extra time......

The real test is going to be taking towel-popped seeds and carefully moving them to the soil cups.......and them actually not dying. We'll see.

The only good thing about my delays is the extra few days to try this, plus the time to keep thinking and planning. Let's see how these transplant just so I can understand it and experience it.
may need scissors to do this without too much damage
cut around the tap plant paper and all ✌️

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
may need scissors to do this without too much damage
cut around the tap plant paper and all ✌️
Really......ok, will do. I was hoping a sterile tweezers would suffice, but maybe not. I'll do that with half of them, thanks. I've already relegated these to experimenting. It hurts a little, but even if none of these made it, the knowledge/practice is worth it.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

Damn that’s not a planting, that’s a bare root transplant haha they do look great though 😁

Don’t ever worry about someone hating lol, if you do it and fail you have the experience of that you know what it looks like and when it may go bad, those are not negative things they can only help you in your future endeavors

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Damn that’s not a planting, that’s a bare root transplant haha they do look great though 😁

Don’t ever worry about someone hating lol, if you do it and fail you have the experience of that you know what it looks like and when it may go bad, those are not negative things they can only help you in your future endeavors
Oh, I'm sure I'll do worse things....

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Oh I’m all for bare root haha that’s how I planted all my fruit trees and berry bushes haha good stuff roots really take off once they hit soil 😁
I'm expecting big things outta that soil stuff....

sambapati

sambapati

Bummer....... ;)

While I'm waiting

Just like with wine and beer, weed descriptions have gotten a little comical. We've made fun of the way beer has gone lately, especially sours and wilds......"Fluttering undernotes of death and dead baby...".

Weed is weed. It's not cocaine, or opium......one strain doesn't make you want to run a marathon and do calculus, and another doesn't ease the pain of your leg broken in half....

Even funnier is when descriptions are translated from another language....

"You have selected Purple Murples! transient flashes of radiant purple will amaze your senses! The first hit sends waves of exciting euphoria, tingling through your mind....."

Really? Cuz.....I want that....with the tingling..

Anyway, I half agree with this articie. Fir the most part, weed is weed. You're gonna get high/stoned on THC, you'll probably get goofy, red-eyed, and then tired......

But, there's clearly differences with entourage, other cannabinoids......clearly differences between pure Indicas and Sativas, and definitely differences with a variety of landraces and heirlooms.....

But aside from those very clear, distinct differences, once you get into the mish-mosh of hybrids, powerful resin-soaked monsters.......this:

I'd like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French Fried cannabinoids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom