• Thread starter Harpua88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
The reviews on the new model are mixed. I’ve read growlogs with Updayday or i wouldn’t have recommended it as a cheap alternative. I don’t know any diodes manufactured in the US, just lights assembled here, like the big three.
It would be good if we made diodes, chips, and lots of other electronic parts all in the US.......we have to be willing to pay a little more for things made in the USA, or we'll keep importing them. In the meantime there are a few good US companies that make/build quality lights and headquartered in the US, with excellent customer service, warranties, and will back you up.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Believe me.......the smell of original Skunk #1 is etched in my memory. I will never forget it. And maybe 30 years ago the smell of a good closet garden was something I wanted to keep in check.......but today.....I'm long ihto adulthood, and the wife is just as much a fan of my work and good weed as anyone. We have no interest in any filtration whatsoever. My basement/boiler room is tucked nicely away, I have no close neighbors or these days the law to fear, it's a legal state, and I want to enjoy every bit of it. ;)
Original Skunk #1, what does it smell like? I have smoked "Somekind" of cannabis that smelled "Just like a live skunk" spraying! that was Skunk-weed, cultivar I haven't a clue. Made my girlfriend alarmed from the back bedroom over 30 ft. Cheers SS

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Original Skunk #1, what does it smell like? I have smoked "Somekind" of cannabis that smelled "Just like a live skunk" spraying! that was Skunk-weed, cultivar I haven't a clue. Made my girlfriend alarmed from the back bedroom over 30 ft. Cheers SS
I remember the best description I believe came right out of Neville's seed bank catalogue, and as soon as I get back to the apartment that's the next thing I'm searching for.......

"Pick it early and it has the smell of fine perfume. Pick it late and it smells like skunk."

Of course, the key is to pick it when it's just ripe+....so that it's right in between. Like a pack of skunks got hit by a perfume truck. It's not that "bad" smell, it's sort of comical. I also remember the first time I bought a bag of it. Probably 1983. It knocked your head back, but with a laugh.....not "rotten". It was like a skunk the animal, but also "beautiful weed".

My guess is that when it was first nailed, the Afghan x Columbian x Mexican......whatever that combination was, it stumbled on a very specific combination of terpenes.... plus other chemicals, there are people here who know more about the science/botany/chemistry of aromas.......and tastes. Olfactory Hues..... ;). Once that very specific combination was "bred out", most likely because most indoor growers in the 80s to 90s simply couldn't chance that thick smell wafting a hundred yards away, and because breeders played with it, either thinking they couid make it "even better" (you can't), or to make it "more skunky!!"......and there's nothing wrong with that either......there's a place for "death dialed to 10" too. But my guess is that if anyone thought they could just easily reproduce the original again, no......it's so difficult, it was so specific, so dialed in, that we have what we have today......legend.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
The new phone books are here!! The new phone books are here!!

From the movie "The Jerk", where he runs around so excited about the delivery of the new phone books. Anyone under 45 probably has no idea.......can you imagine the wasted paper and energy......every year? Or 3? And you didn't even have to order them, they just came. Every household in America got a huge, thick book with tiny print with the names and numbers of every other American.....

We looked up ourselves, maybe an old girlfriend......and used it to make prank phone calls. ;). Ah, the days before caller ID. Along with my old High Times, in the same trunk, are tapes of prank phone calls I made, and me calling into Howard Stern and playing them.......first you had to call Baba Booey at 5:30am.....

Anyway, in another thread just now someone asked the "How does my friend start this?", it's titled "So I've got a buddy...", and just then, these arrived.........They're smaller than they were the first time I bought them.

20230125 113655
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I'm going easy on my first run in so long. Obviously I'm not going with pure sativas, landraces, and heirlooms right out of the gate. I'm going to focus on things that are on the easier side, a little old school, nothing outrageous or pricey........I want to satisfy my curiosity around what's happened to the Skunk strains after 30 years, setting a low bar if expectations, but also hunting through different profiles to see if there might be a keeper or two, or a cross or two that might look interesting or might ser the stage for the next round, a small step forward. I might cross the same variety from different companies. Like if 1 Herbie's Blueberry and 1 MSNL Blueberry look really good, see how that goes.....or 2 different "Skunk #1"s...

And, to have fun, end up with some good stuff, maybe play with pushing things to the farther end of ripe and see how that plays out. I might also keep a few aside in veg, prune them down a lot, and put them outside in the Spring.....

Here's what I planted, all paper towel method, I feel confident enough and planted extra seeds, so I can get rid of ones that are slower, don't measure up......I can be a little picky.......I want to end up with 12 prime females, maybe another 4-6 overflow females that won't end up with prime space but I can still finish them nicely enough, and a couple of big strong males for crosses, as well as a couple of experimental, freebie Autos......

I'll make some comments on the various seeds companies I've ordered from too. There are about 10 that didn't plant any of this round, I just put them in the fridge in tight containers with those moisture absorb paks. I'm not running any of the DJ Short seeds or Panama Red, Irvine, Neptune......no Jack Herer yet or Divine Banana......no Blue Dream or Monkey Massacre yet.....all in good time. ;)

I also chose a few where the seeds look a little weak, light, immature.....get a few of these strains out of the way and make a note not to order from some of these companies again.

1. Herbie's Dutch Passion Skunk #1

2. Herbie's Dutch Passion Blueberry

3. Herbie's Dutch Passion Mazar

4. Herbie's Dutch Passion White Widow

5. Herbie's Gorilla Glue

6. Herbie's Gelato *Auto

7. Seedsherenow's James Loud Guava Gelato *Auto/Fem

8. The Choice's Med-Man Med-Web (a CBD variety, Charlotte's Web x some Scandanavian variety)

9. The Choice's Sensi Skunk

10. The Choice's Big Bud

11. MSNL Skunk #1

12. MSNL Big Bud

13. MSNL Blueberry

14. MSNL Mazar

15. MSNL Runtz *Fem

16. The Vault/Cannabis Seed Store's Sensi Skunk #1

17. The Vault's Dutch Passion Skunk #1

18. Nirvana's "Northern Light"

19. Nirvana's Mango Skunk

20. A special Road Kill Skunk from a really cool guy who grows an old strain of Road Kill Skunk. ;)

When they pop I'll put them into 12 - 16oz. peat cups, probably about 45 of them, to ultimately get down to my goal of about 16 strong, worthy females, a few big males, a few Autos, with about 20 males going bye-bye.

20230125 201128
20230125 202407
20230125 211254
20230125 221445
20230125 221502
20230125 223218
20230125 225124
20230125 225454
20230125 230051
20230125 230932
20230125 233756
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
you breaking that space up into mom room flower room for perpetual?
edit: i see some nice shelves for clone domes
That closet is going to be fully emptied, fully dedicated to 4 rows of 3........7 gallon pots, 12 spots for 12 nicely sized females only. No shelves, nothing else. 12 - 7gal pots only. 2 HLG Scorpions (1 Diablo, 1 Rspec), and a UVB. Outside of the closet area will be divided up for seedlings/starters, and an overflow area. I'll be getting another good light but probably not quite as strong as the Scorpions.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
you breaking that space up into mom room flower room for perpetual?
edit: i see some nice shelves for clone domes
I'll tackle growing clones at some point, but it's really not my thing. I definitely have no interest in cloning........too much work/time, I have too much to do as it is, and I want to focus on breeding. I will buy a few clones from time to time though, sure....

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I'm going easy on my first run in so long. Obviously I'm not going with pure sativas, landraces, and heirlooms right out of the gate. I'm going to focus on things that are on the easier side, a little old school, nothing outrageous or pricey........I want to satisfy my curiosity around what's happened to the Skunk strains after 30 years, setting a low bar if expectations, but also hunting through different profiles to see if there might be a keeper or two, or a cross or two that might look interesting or might ser the stage for the next round, a small step forward. I might cross the same variety from different companies. Like if 1 Herbie's Blueberry and 1 MSNL Blueberry look really good, see how that goes.....or 2 different "Skunk #1"s...

And, to have fun, end up with some good stuff, maybe play with pushing things to the farther end of ripe and see how that plays out. I might also keep a few aside in veg, prune them down a lot, and put them outside in the Spring.....

Here's what I planted, all paper towel method, I feel confident enough and planted extra seeds, so I can get rid of ones that are slower, don't measure up......I can be a little picky.......I want to end up with 12 prime females, maybe another 4-6 overflow females that won't end up with prime space but I can still finish them nicely enough, and a couple of big strong males for crosses, as well as a couple of experimental, freebie Autos......

I'll make some comments on the various seeds companies I've ordered from too. There are about 10 that didn't plant any of this round, I just put them in the fridge in tight containers with those moisture absorb paks. I'm not running any of the DJ Short seeds or Panama Red, Irvine, Neptune......no Jack Herer yet or Divine Banana......no Blue Dream or Monkey Massacre yet.....all in good time. ;)

I also chose a few where the seeds look a little weak, light, immature.....get a few of these strains out of the way and make a note not to order from some of these companies again.

1. Herbie's Dutch Passion Skunk #1

2. Herbie's Dutch Passion Blueberry

3. Herbie's Dutch Passion Mazar

4. Herbie's Dutch Passion White Widow

5. Herbie's Gorilla Glue

6. Herbie's Gelato *Auto

7. Seedsherenow's James Loud Guava Gelato *Auto/Fem

8. The Choice's Med-Man Med-Web (a CBD variety, Charlotte's Web x some Scandanavian variety)

9. The Choice's Sensi Skunk

10. The Choice's Big Bud

11. MSNL Skunk #1

12. MSNL Big Bud

13. MSNL Blueberry

14. MSNL Mazar

15. MSNL Runtz *Fem

16. The Vault/Cannabis Seed Store's Sensi Skunk #1

17. The Vault's Dutch Passion Skunk #1

18. Nirvana's "Northern Light"

19. Nirvana's Mango Skunk

20. A special Road Kill Skunk from a really cool guy who grows an old strain of Road Kill Skunk. ;)

When they pop I'll put them into 12 - 16oz. peat cups, probably about 45 of them, to ultimately get down to my goal of about 16 strong, worthy females, a few big males, a few Autos, with about 20 males going bye-bye.
Damn! Hell of a lineup there!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Damn! Hell of a lineup there!
Oh wait until I get to the really fun stuff........AG Hazes, Columbian Gold, Thai and Afghani Landraces, Panama Red, Jack Herrer, Ultimate Purple, Josh's Sour, UFO Blueberry Breath, old Northern Lights #2, #5, (ON x OG Haze) x NL #2), Sour Banana Sherbert......

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Oh wait until I get to the really fun stuff........AG Hazes, Columbian Gold, Thai and Afghani Landraces, Panama Red, Jack Herrer, Ultimate Purple, Josh's Sour, UFO Blueberry Breath, old Northern Lights #2, #5, (ON x OG Haze) x NL #2), Sour Banana Sherbert......
🫠

Damn haha, also I’m loving the room, I saw you named off the lights, I didn’t see if you had room dimensions in there, looks like about 12’x6’ish based off the ceiling tiles, that’s a hell of a room, I can’t wait till I can dedicate the spare basement room to a full grow room lol,

Is this going to be a sealed room with Co2 or a vented room?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
🫠

Damn haha, also I’m loving the room, I saw you named off the lights, I didn’t see if you had room dimensions in there, looks like about 12x6 ish lol, that’s a hell of a room, I can’t wait till I can dedicate the e sore basement room to a full grow room lol,

Is this going to be a sealed room with Co2 or a vented room?
Yep, 12x6.........vented. I'm psyched about the cool temps but I don't know how I feel about CO2. I'm.....Di-curious.....hahahaha!!!

I wonder sometimes if I could use some of the new propane boiler exhaust, but then I picture myself dead........I'll bet there's a way, but I'm not doing it.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yep, 12x6.........vented. I'm psyched about the cool temps but I don't know how I feel about CO2. I'm.....Di-curious.....hahahaha!!!

I wonder sometimes if I could use some of the new propane boiler exhaust, but then I picture myself dead........I'll bet there's a way, but I'm not doing it.
Yeah… I’d err on the side of caution with that one also haha, so much you can do in there though, I think you said 4 rows of 3 for the main room that’s gunna be a nice setup, it’ll look like a forest in there real quick 😁

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Yeah… I’d err on the side of caution with that one also haha, so much you can do in there though, I think you said 4 rows of 3 for the main room that’s gunna be a nice setup, it’ll look like a forest in there real quick 😁
I'm erring on the side of not doing it at all

I can see the newspaper headlines now.....

Yeah I'm pretty psyched. It's been way too long.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Are they ready yet......? ;)

Enjoy.......

So some initial comments about these seeds companies. Big picture I'm wondering why I bothered going with overseas companies. It's leftover from the 80s when we thought the Netherlands was some sort of weed Disneyland. It may have been for a few years, I think in the early to mid 90s The Netherlands did some sort of raids, they probably didn't like the attention they were getting, I don't know. So there's this leftover belief, if someone hasn't grown in many years (cough) that Holland is the place to go for seeds. And maybe there are a few........but the first thing I ran into was companies that won't ship to the US. Or, you have to buy them from a 3rd party seller. Now you're getting Netherlands seeds (or seeds they get from other companies), through Spain, or England.........it took a while to snap out of it, and find all the US companies, dozens upon dozens of US companies, to think "why am I ordering from other countries"? Then there's the bank/credit card issues, where your bank rejects purchases with their damn fraud alerts. Of course, without alerting us.......why would a bank alert their own customers, that's just common sense....

No matter what seeds company you use, take a minute to set up an account, quite often they'll give you a coupon code. Always look for a coupon code. Testers, freebies.....keep notes of what each company offers and what points, discounts they offer.

Another thing that you realize after a while is that a lot of companies sell other companies' seeds. So.......why don't I just buy these strains from the people who actually make them? Duh...

Herbie's. Excellent customer service. They have a pop-up window and a live rep will help you with anything. Huge selection, but a lot of the good stuff is either only available in feminized and auto versions, or sold out. I also learned first hand that if your seeds get snagged by customs.......they will replace your order, and send you another one. They're not the only company that will, but by the time we got to replacing ours...... something like 4 of the 10 strains I had ordered were now.......sold out. So I had to go through their selection again, back and forth, to replace them with other seeds.......nope, another Auto, how about this one? Nope, feminized.......

I may have the record for the fastest/first order to get snagged by customs. It was literally THE very first order I placed. I placed 2 orders with Herbie's. The 2nd order made it, but the 1st order was snagged by customs. But Herbie's took care of me.

I'm going to frame the customs intercept letter, and gloves that they had put the seeds in (thank you Customs!) and hang it on my grow closet door........ :)

Their seeds though? First of all they just put 'em all in little plastic baggies. But worse than that, totally inexcusable......are small, light, immature seeds. If I worked there (or for any seeds company) I would say "I'm not packaging and sending these seeds to anyone". That's your product. Inexcusable. We'll see what % pop and all, but I can already tell some won't. They throw in freebies, but if they're immature........

Seedsherenow. Solid company, well packaged, good strains, you earn points, get bonus seeds, the seeds arrived fast.......I'm saving their seeds for my next grow (DJ Short's FLO, Thugpug Hawaiian Unicorn, Blue Star Instablue, Best Coast Afghan Hash Plant, Banana Kush.). So I can't yet comment on how good the seeds are. They throw in freebies too.

DCSeedexchange. Another excellent company. Great, very popular genetics. Similar experience to Seedsherenow, even better. Very psyched to run these, but again, not on my first grow. Bluestar family blues, 1988 Northern Lights #2, Anthony Bourdaink, Bros. Grimm's Cinderella '99, Coastal Seed's Burmese IBL, Hazeman Choc Thai. They'll give you testers, I got a Dawgy Cookies.....

Seedcellar. Another good company. Right on point. I got 3 DJ Shorts from them, 2 Breeder's Choice mixes and a 90s blues pak. You earn points.

Homegrowncannabisco. Kyle Kushman works with them. Their site has long, very detailed descriptions of each strain. But weak packaging and labeling, little plastic baggies only. Not such a bad thing if the seeds are good. I only bought Fruity Glue from them. We'll see.

Doc's Dank Seeds. Another cool site, great strains, fast delivery.....I got Bear Creek Kush, and Monkey Massacre. They have "Colorado Clementine" crosses and threw in Divine Clementine and Orange Dose #8. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say........Orange-y?

Ok, now here comes the real fun. I'm 1/2 English so I get to make some jokes here (I'm also half Italian/Irish, so.....no temper whatsoever..... ;) ). But "The Choice" Seeds. What the heck you friggin' King George, colonial basts!! Are you kidding me?? This is the one where my wife and I are staring at the opened package......they sent the seeds along with my "stealth" choice which was "leather goods". And we're staring at these low quality leather "bracelets", the big metal studded kind that punk rockers wore 40 years ago......not wearing those, but where are the seeds?? We're looking inside the package, tearing the package further....no seeds! Really?? Then we shake one bracelet. Tink tink tink.........they put the seeds INSIDE each one of the metal studs! Loose too!! They're clanking around in there. Now I gotta get a tool to pry open each and every stud! And you think they put 20 Big Bud seeds inside one stud? Nope!! 4 studs, each with 5 seeds! Who the F........what are we smuggling heroin here!!?? How friggin' stealth do you need to be?? It was like a sick joke. Another 4 studs for 20 Blue Dream!! Argh!!!! To further drive me insane, these UK , brexit soccer heads give me 7.......7 freebies!!! Each freebie is 2 seeds!!! And you guessed it! Each and every one of those 7 freebies were put inside their own studs!!! AAAAARGH!!!! Now the Italian New Yorker side of me is coming out, I'm cursing these m.......performing surgery on these effin' leather studded.....my fingers are getting blackened from the cheap dye rubbing off from the leather........and let me tell you......another bunch of small, lightish, immature seeds!!! Don't ever, ever order from this place. "The Choice". You know what I choose?? Bad reviews!!! You friggin' basts!!!

I better get at least 1, massive, mind-boggling, resin-dripping monster from each of the Sensi Big Bud, Sensi Skunk, Nirvana Blue Dream, THC Bomb, Lambo, Lemon Pie, Wreckage, Sweets, Big Bomb.......that I pried out of these studs......

MSNL. Good looking seeds, terrible packaging. Another one with the seeds just put into little plastic baggies. This time though, instead of labels with the names, they write the bare minimum, letters on each baggie with a marker. So is BB the Blueberry? No, that's just "B", the "BB" is the Big Bud, "M" is Mazar......ok, so where's the "Master Kush"? Or is that the Mango? Get a friggin' label machine!! At least their seeds look good. So if MSNL can give me good looking Big Bud seeds, what is "The Choice" doing? Saving them for someone else and giving me smaller, lighter Big Bud seeds? How come these guys know how to let "Skunk #1" and Mazar seeds ripen, but Herbie's doesn't.....so MSNL has good seeds, at least on sight.....

But a theme started developing. Is this something specific to European companies? "Thai Stick" isn't a strain. The descriptions start by kind of making you think "I'm getting a Thai strain". This is just one example, but there are a lot of these, where one thing doesn't jibe with another. It will say "pure Sativa", or give the classic description of certain strains that make you think you're getting a pure, classic strain, then way down below they'll say "then we crossed it with an Afghani!", or "70/30 Sativa/Indica".......I don't remember Indigenous Columbians traveling to Afghanistan.......hmmmm. You have to get that some of these strains are "their take on" certain classic varieties. Some don't even make sense. "We took a Gelato Female and Runtz Male to bring you "Sheeba Skunk!". Really.....??

We'll see how MSNL's Big Bud, Skunk #1, Jack Herrer, Critical, Master Kush, Pure Power, and Blueberry do.....

Irvine. Now we're talking. California, great strains. The "Ultimate Purple", eesh! If I get that picture.......their Blue Dream looks dreamy, and Sour Diesel x Apple Fritter testers? Yes, thank you!! One annoying thing, these companies that offer 3 or 6 seeds......but 6 is sold out. What? Come on man, what if I get 3 males?? Not likely, but possible. Then I try to order TWO 3paks but nooooo. They don't let me. If I come back wearing a mustache will you sell me 3 more?? This Ultimate Purple better be stellar. BC Bud Depot makes it. So, I go to BC Bud Depot's site and order 10 more. ;). Plus Wild Berry and "Original Blueberry". What "original" means I don't know but BC Bud Depot looks good. Of course, I spent another half hour out of my skull trying to figure out where my BC Bud Depot order came from, my credit card shows nothing.......and honey who the heck is "Rocket Seeds"?? It took a phone call to figure out that I either ordered THROUGH this Rocket Seeds, or that's the name of BC's ordering company........so another annoying thing is when the company doesn't call themselves by that name when the charge goes through. Come on man, I spent another 20 minutes trying to figure out who the heck "NXSYST" is! Because they don't want to call themselves "Home Grown Cannabis Company". I get it, but......come on man.....

Neptune. How many friggin' strains do you carry?? It's like an encyclopedia......"Largest in the US" indeed! And if I come close to the pictures of the UFO's Blueberry Breath, Blueberry Breath F2, and Blueberry Thai Bx1 I ordered.......I'll be breathing blueberry all over myself ordering from Neptune again.....

The Vault. No, Cannabis Seed Store. No, it's The Vault......what's your name?!!? Now what's this about? THEIR Sensi Skunk #1 and Dutch Passion Skunk #1 came in original Sensi and DP packages. So why do the other companies' Sensi and DP Skunk #1s come in little plastic baggies?? Do they open up the nice packaged boxes and put them in plastic baggies?? How does The Vault get those nice little boxes that contains and protect the seeds? But here's the kicker.......the seeds insude these original Sensi and Dutch Passion boxes looked INFERIOR to the other companies' ones that came in the little plain plastic baggies......what's that all about??

That made me even more turned off to these old Dutch companies. If Sensi Seeds and Dutch Passion put weak looking seeds in their OWN boxes (see the pictures I posted) then I don't have a lot of confidence in these old Netherlands companies. But we'll see how The Vault's "Seedsman's" Skunk #1, Ace's Violeta, and the Sensi and DP Skunk #1s turn out. And they gave me 1.....ONE free seed each, all Feminized! (argh!) of Critical Kush, Kush Mintz, Gorilla Zkittlez, Amnesia Express, and Gorilla Cookies, the last 3 all Fem Autos (double Argh!!).

AG Seeds. Classy, Landraces, old school, heirloom stuff. Now we're really talking! There are a few other landrace, strain hunters, heirloom companies I'm going to order from next. Now I know who to target, and what seeds to get and breed with for my 3rd. 4th, 5th grows......that's when things get good.....Indian, Pakistani, Hawaiian, Mowie Wowie, Kona Gold,.......not "Thai", but 12 different local Thai strains from specific regions?!? Oaxacan, Lebanese, Moroccan.......THESE are the ones I'm gonna end up working, saving, and breeding with the very best of all the other great ones! Why the hell am I prying weak seeds out of a friggin' leather bracelet!!??? What if I cross a true Punta Rojo with a DJ Dhort Flo with an old Afghani with Ultimate Purple.......

AG's ON Haze. ON Haze Purple, ON Haze Columbian, Northern Lights #5, #2, their Skunk #1 looks legit......their "Mariwanna" is a mix of their landraces/heirlooms. Their (ON x OG Haze) x NL#2. Now that's a hybrid!

Then there's more under the radar, seeds traders......ahhh.....not "companies", but real breeders with real stuff. Private stock kinda stuff. That's where it's at. Landraces, Heirlooms, people that have traveled to places and taken risks (thank you!!!), private stock people, and the latest, best strain genetics/hybrids of these super sticky, resiny, red, purple, Divine Banana x Michigan.....Sour Banana Sherbert....

If you see someone on a bridge cursing and throwing leather punk rocker bracelets into a river..........that's me. ;)

Hopefully you enjoyed this. I'm very funny. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: TSD
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Looks like someone wants to sell you a product called "Big Bud".... ;)

I'm not against advertising, selling things, sponsorship....is the product good? Are the people good? Are they contributing something of value, at a reasonable price?

So I'll make just one pitch. If you're getting value out of this site.....Not my thread, this has no value whatsoever, but if you enjoy posting here, getting and sharing information, learning, teaching........(teaching is learning, and learning is teaching in the future. If you stop learning, you can never be a good teacher).

It's not about money. Whether it's $50 a month or $5 a month, or $5 just once in a while, hit the button ip there somewhere and help the people keep this site going, and make it better for the future.

And that's all I'll say there. :)

the rrock

the rrock

My girlfriend....?

My girlfriend, who I met in '86, (we moved in together as teenagers)....is laying right next to me. ;). Can you view pictures I've already posted? I posted a few of them, and a few tester plants I grew outside this past summer, mostly to test the area and make seeds. Global warming sucks, but I happened to luck out that we had a very long, warm fall. To harvest in late Oct - Nov 1st is almost unheard of up here. I also posted a few pics of some of my old High Times. The Holy Grail for me will be if I can find my old Neville's Seed Bank catalogue. Either '87 or '88.

Here's the pics of the Skunk #1 and Northern Lights......I think #5, that I grew, in a 4' x 3' closest, 400w Halide, 1988. I made seeds, crossed the two, crossed them with some Mexican or Southern Sativas......then when I stopped growing around '94, I figured "I'll get more seeds again at some point...". I will die and on my tombstone it will say "Here lies an idiot who didn't save his Skunk #1...". ;).

I also didn't expect to have to wait this long. That was a spare bedroom, our hang out/party room. I had black light posters, the stereo.......at some point in the late 90s we rented out that room to this baby who never left. I don't think he would have appreciated me using his closet to keep growing. ;)
my holy grails from sensi catalog NL5xHaze in 91 thanthe second grail in 99 was Hindu Kush strongest smoke on record until recently

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
We have poppage....... :)

I feel like a Dad waiting outside the maternity ward.

72+ hours and I'd say 90%+ have popped. I gotta run out but I'll post pics, then transplant to 12 - 16oz cups, mostly these pressed peat cups where hopefully they'll spend as little time as possible before they go in their final, 7gal pots.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Tweezer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom