• Thread starter Harpua88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Look at these silly people, they don't even proofread their content before posting it on their web site.........I know what it is, they're so busy managing the marketing of 738 different sweatshirts and trinkets......it's just an oversight, I'm sure they'll fix this soon.

Screenshot 20230209 071808 Samsung Internet
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

100% lol. im sure the extra cost associated with award winning genetics are warranted. but this guy/girl behind super strains company is clearly looking to retire early.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Triploid.....that's the word I was thinking of....not tripod. Unless the plant has 3 feet, then yes....tripod.

So I have 20 fails in one form or another. I had actually started with 80 total seeds, including 10 of the (Strawberry/Widow x Unknown Indica Dom Male) that I grew outdoors over the summer. A friend gave me the seeds who doesn't really keep tight track of genetics. The 2 Females definitely seemed like Strawberry Widow in terms of all the attributes. One got deep purple near the end when it got cold, and the other was a natural triploid, which of course made it get nice and branchy, it kind of grew like a cutting.......the male I pollinated them both with was a big tall strong guy that looked at least mostly Indica but not like an Afghani. And I pollinated the heck out of them. I pollinated them as soon as the male opened up, so on the early side for the females, but still, each female must have made 500+ seeds, and they got nice and ripe/dark. So between all of those factors I'm really interested in seeing how the seeds turn out indoors, and I'm particularly interested in seeing if I can hunt for triploids......I'm pretty sure it's not only recessive, but rare......but with so many seeds I really hope to find some turn up and I'll do my best to breed 'em. If I can get a triploid male and a triploid female........it may still be recessive but that might increase the chances.....maybe one grow down the road I'll run just these only.

Anyway 20 fails, stunted, fell, stem rot, or not otherwise strong enough. I now have 60 good seedlings, waiting on leaf set 2 to show. I think things are going a bit slow, I'm not surprised.......it's been 15 days since I put them into paper towels, about 12 days since planting the sprouts into cups.....all the domes are off.....

I could also have kept things a bit warmer. The area has been mostly just below 70. And maybe if I planted them more quickly, and had the main light already ready, they'd show less stretching and be a little bigger. Nothing terrible, and yeah I still gotta hang the main light, there's always something to do first, and cleaning the closet, making sure the area is clean even outside of it........that's important. They've at least had 2 LED screw-in grow bulbs, a screw-in flourescent, and surrounded by windows, sunlight too. Lifgts have been on 24 this whole time.

With these 60, little by little, if they don't show decent strength, progress......I'll be getting rid of about another 20 until near flower time. I'll be able to see which strains made it better than others, and also which seed companies did better.

I will take strains into account. And growth pattern/looks too. If you only save "the biggest ones" you could naturally end up with more males. Also, some strains may just naturally grow more slowly than others, or look smaller.......if you prune those out you could be eliminating or nearly eliminating a great strain.....

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
i dont see the point in spending that on seeds.
A lot of it is reputation.....story, legend, hype., lore......aren't legend and lore the same thing?

Not that there weren't some great strains made over the years.....made, stumbled on? Some of each? Run 50 great Afghanis and 50 Thais, Columbian golds, etc....breed the best ones, the results will be really good. Strains of legend were also produced and around the right circles at the right times.......

No. I'm not paying $2000 for a seed.....or Euros......even if it's a pack of 10, it's gonna be a hard no from me. I'd have to HAVE Amnesia to spend that....

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

No. I'm not paying $2000 for a seed.....or Euros......even if it's a pack of 10, it's gonna be a hard no from me. I'd have to HAVE Amnesia to
Maybe you get Amnesia after you smoke it and forget that you were a dumbass that spent 2000 euros on a seed. I can buy the dankest pound for that... why would I spend that, plus grow expenses to get probably around a pound back?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Maybe you get Amnesia after you smoke it and forget that you were a dumbass that spent 2000 euros on a seed. I can buy the dankest pound for that... why would I spend that, plus grow expenses to get probably around a pound back?
I think what they're basically saying is "If you think you're gonna get a good male and female and make 1000 seeds......you're gonna pay..."

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Looks like Victory seeds only sells Fems and Autos........they just went straight to my "No" list. :(. They do seem to have some interesting combinations/crosses. Let us know if you get buds that look like their pictures, apparently the greatest calyx-to-leaf ratio ever. ;)

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Oh, of course it costs 2000 Euros per seed......it's Organoleptic. Silly me.

It's also "Focussed". Who are these people?

So they have 25 year old Amnesia seeds that they've had stored in their "vault"........ok, instead of doling them out at 2000 Euros per seed, why don't they grow 50, and make 20,000 new seeds?

That would be like, so organoleptic

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Ok how about Jack Herer x Face Off.......

Herer Face of course.......what were you thinking? ;)

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Looks like Victory seeds only sells Fems and Autos........they just went straight to my "No" list. :(. They do seem to have some interesting combinations/crosses. Let us know if you get buds that look like their pictures, apparently the greatest calyx-to-leaf ratio ever. ;)
i feel that, some people prefer you buy from suppliers doing both fem and regular. others like me who have tasted many varietals at this point really could care less what the name is and how long it has been in circulation, but rather how its tastes and how it makes you feel.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

oh their claiming highest calyx to leaf ratio on the amnesium? lol i would think that award would go the some slight foxtailing cultivars.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Straight 3% peroxide or plain water. The kernel needs moisture to germinate plus it softens the hinge, soaking overnight til they sink speeds up the process. Peroxide would kill any pathogens on the seed as unlikely as that seems.
đź‘Ť

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
i feel that, some people prefer you buy from suppliers doing both fem and regular. others like me who have tasted many varietals at this point really could care less what the name is and how long it has been in circulation, but rather how its tastes and how it makes you feel.
Yep. It's just like cell phones. Whatever Samsung I have from 3 years ago......it's got everything I could possibly want. I don't need to spend $1400 or whatever it is.....so I can get a slightly better camera? Or someone at a bar can ask "How do you like the new Samsung 47?". Oh, I love it Steve, it has a slightly better camera.......What I have in my hand is 1000x better than the best computer 30 yrs ago.

As far as tastes/smells and feels, if we're talking Sativas, there's probably nothing better, nor will there ever be anything better than the 50? different pure landrace and heirlooms.........probably no better Indicas than the various Afghanis and Hash plants, although some various original Indicas hybrids might be excellent as well. And that leaves the in-between.......modern hybrids of big, frosty, dripping with resin, 25+% THC, knock you on your ass, smells and tastes like anything you can imagine.........and in this last category, the 2021 stuff is just fine for me in 2023. ;)

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
oh their claiming highest calyx to leaf ratio on the amnesium? lol i would think that award would go the some slight foxtailing cultivars.
Well if you look at the pictures......maybe it's not that particular one, but some of them look like a one foot stick covered with layers of flowers and maybe 3 or 4 little tiny leaves popping out.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Well if you look at the pictures......maybe it's not that particular one, but some of them look like a one foot stick covered with layers of flowers and maybe 3 or 4 little tiny leaves popping out.
does look beautiful yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom