• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Dang bro, that’s definitely beat. My buddy had that happen with some mimosa…..hopefully it wasn’t to hard on the wallet.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
That's awesome. Working parts of our land to be able to grow a variety of vegetables is going to take time. We've already planted a variety of berries/bushes, and a few trees would be nice too, certainly apple up here......this property used to be a farm many years ago. The soil is rich.....but a little hard, occasional large rocks strewn about. It just has to be turned/worked......some additves..
in the wine belt here, all vineyards and orchards for miles around me, nothing else, couldent ask for better land, plus theres a 200' wide river in my backyard down a 40' cliff (climbable-ish lol) so my backyard is the old riverbed from, probably millions of years ago, realized that when we moved in and everything within 60' of the cliff is very sandy, the garden was started on top of that, with all compost, worked out awesome so far well see how we do this year, have had a few cold nights, tonights feeling pretty cold already
😁

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Assume they yanked seeds?
Not only did they yank seeds......it was literally the very first order I placed. I probably placed 15 orders from as many seeds companies (I wanted to check all the major ones off the list and get a variety of seeds to run through and start breeding with). I will probably never order again from most of them, and at some point I asked myself why I'm even bothering with overseas companies when there are awesome genetics to be had right here in the US. It was this leftover belief from years ago that the Netherlands has the best seeds. Sure, 35 years ago........but not today. One of the things I was curious about is how true their "Skunk #1" and Norther Lights and Big Bud are compared to long ago. My gut says not so much, but this all let's me get a good 1st run, get the rust off, and hunt for a few gems that I can start my breeding program with. I sprouted over 80 seeds and got rid of 60 plants to keep the 20 I ended up with.

But yeah........my very first order "held at customs" for a good 6 weeks while all my other orders came in. I knew what was coming, and when I got the intercept letter I laughed and laughed. So "official". And to further add to the funny, they included the pair of gloves with the letter that the seeds would have been inside of....

Gloves, and a letter. I should frame the gloves too and put them up next to the letter.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
in the wine belt here, all vineyards and orchards for miles around me, nothing else, couldent ask for better land, plus theres a 200' wide river in my backyard down a 40' cliff (climbable-ish lol) so my backyard is the old riverbed from, probably millions of years ago, realized that when we moved in and everything within 60' of the cliff is very sandy, the garden was started on top of that, with all compost, worked out awesome so far well see how we do this year, have had a few cold nights, tonights feeling pretty cold already
😁
That's great.......wine belt West Coast?

I should add that this land was a dairy farm, not produce. Years of cow manure and spilled milk. :)

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
That's great.......wine belt West Coast?

I should add that this land was a dairy farm, not produce. Years of cow manure and spilled milk. :)
East coast up in the northeast, yeah lots of cow farms around here lol, actually just came from the dairy up the road getting milk lol cows right out behind the store 😂

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
East coast up in the northeast, yeah lots of cow farms around here lol, actually just came from the dairy up the road getting milk lol cows right out behind the store 😂
Cool. I don't want to make you get too specific about where you are.........finger lakes?

I'm in the northeastern fringe of the Adirondacks.

In the "small world" category. In a Phish page on facebook I connected with another fan, and we started narrowing it down.......upstate NY.....Northern Adirondacks.......the guy lives about a half mile away.

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

Cool. I don't want to make you get too specific about where you are.........finger lakes?

I'm in the northeastern fringe of the Adirondacks.

In the "small world" category. In a Phish page on facebook I connected with another fan, and we started narrowing it down.......upstate NY.....Northern Adirondacks.......the guy lives about a half mile away.
Its a great place, i was in Potsdam when Abbie Hoffman came out of hiding. Used to camp and fish on the backside of Cranberry Lake opposite Wannakena. Bass coming off the spawning beds about now.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Its a great place, i was in Potsdam when Abbie Hoffman came out of hiding. Used to camp and fish on the backside of Cranberry Lake opposite Wannakena. Bass coming off the spawning beds about now.
Nice. Yeah we've spent a lot of our time over the last 2 years working on the house and property. This summer we'll start doing more camping, hiking, fishing......all I need is a tent and a kayak.......

Abbie Hoffman. Steal this! ;).

I used to be a Howard Stern nut. Late 80s-early 90s I would tape every show, then come home, listen, and re-tape that day's show cutting out the commercials. I have boxes and boxes of tapes of all of those shows.......Sam Kinison, Dice Clay, Gilbert, Belzer......and every Baba Booey.....I used to make prank phone calls and call Baba Booey to get on the air with them. Those were fun times.

And Abbie Hoffman......I remember when he died, I have all that on tape too. The Yippies used to have a place near us in the Lower East Side/East Village.

Madbud

Madbud

Just looking at Cranberry, thats all built up now!!! Used to be the Bear Mountain club, forever wild my ass!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Just looking at Cranberry, thats all built up now!!! Used to be the Bear Mountain club, forever wild my ass!
You mean the Catskills? I can only imagine how built up and populated many of those areas are.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
When will then be now? Soon! ~ dark helmet, space ball master schwartzman.
Ha! Don't rush me! The pressure!!! :)

I'm just gonna have to pick a day and go for it. I need to make sure my timers are on point. The last time I used a timer it was manual, you just had to push buttons for the on/off times. Now they're digital. I've gotta read a manual just to understand the functions. And of course the instructions are printed on a tiny piece of paper........I need a jewelers loup just to be able to read it.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Dang bro, that’s definitely beat. My buddy had that happen with some mimosa…..hopefully it wasn’t to hard on the wallet.
You mean the seeds confiscation? It was one of the rather laege/well-known companies. I had actually placed 2 orders with them. The 2nd order came through. But they actually re-sent the order. Most good companies will. I did have to show them at picture of the letter, but that's to be expected.

Madbud

Madbud

You mean the Catskills? I can only imagine how built up and populated many of those areas are.
Cranberry Lake in the adirondacks, rte 3 west of Tupper. We used to cross over and camp on sand beaches on the south end that look like there’s cottages there now. Only thing there fifty years ago was the ranger station at Wanakena in the southwest corner.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
You mean the seeds confiscation? It was one of the rather laege/well-known companies. I had actually placed 2 orders with them. The 2nd order came through. But they actually re-sent the order. Most good companies will. I did have to show them at picture of the letter, but that's to be expected.
Yeah, I’m glad they got right with you on that. At least they send back ups. Was it Dutch seed co?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Ha! Don't rush me! The pressure!!! :)

I'm just gonna have to pick a day and go for it. I need to make sure my timers are on point. The last time I used a timer it was manual, you just had to push buttons for the on/off times. Now they're digital. I've gotta read a manual just to understand the functions. And of course the instructions are printed on a tiny piece of paper........I need a jewelers loup just to be able to read it.
Hahaha I’m blind too buddy. Getting old sucks. Also stabbing your eye out sucks too, always wear safety glasses buddy.

Madbud

Madbud

Just realized you’re northeast adirondacks, plattsburgh or mallone. I was thinking northwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom