• Thread starter Harpua88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
My grow area is not directly lit up. I learned 2020 with a solar flood light. I had thousands of seeds 😵 it was a learning experience for sure.
It's one of our biggest fears......it would happen after the veg stage is done, and flowering has started.....it takes one mistake, one lit up dark cycle.....and they could be ruined.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Everything is ok. Of course it is, I wasn't here to do anything stupid..... ;)

Flower/flip day 4

I have gypsum, bone meal, and Epsom salts. I plan on adding a very small amount to tomorrow's watering. I haven't watered in 2 weeks, the soil is now fairly dry. 11gallon buckets, it took the 2 weeks to dry out.

Tomorrow I'll roll them out, prune only the lowest, oldest leaves, add more training clips, tuck as many fan leaves as possible, water, rotate them back in, switching sides/lights, and depending on what I see I might raise the RSpec to 40%.

20230602 220117
20230602 220055
20230602 220100
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
We interrupt this grow to bring you another one of the great things in life. A chocolate Egg Cream. Actually, it's the only flavor........but, no egg, no cream.

But you do have to know how to make it. Extra points if you grew up in New York City. ;). It should be like a foamy, fizzy chocolate milk. Very simple, 3 ingredients, but there's a certain technique to making it perfect.

20230604 134358
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Flip day 7. I can already see a few males but not quite enough to pull 'em yet. Plus I want to pick the best 2 maybe 3 for breeding.

Some video today. Haven't turned the lights up more yet, I just want to be cautious plus I still have to lift one of them up another 8". Then I'll see how things go. I don't want to burn stretched, delicate shoots that have been in the dark for the last 12 hours......

One thing I will do, I have to see if it can be scheduled, if not I'll do it via wifi......start the 1st hour low and work up.

Watered, some more clipping, re-tying, very light pruning around the base of the stem.

Maybe I bought small ones, but these bender clips are just too small. Sometimes it's a little precarious, nearly fighting with it just to get a small, very compact bend. I'll see if there are larger ones but they could use a re-think.

Video today

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Flip day 7. I can already see a few males but not quite enough to pull 'em yet. Plus I want to pick the best 2 maybe 3 for breeding.

Some video today. Haven't turned the lights up more yet, I just want to be cautious plus I still have to lift one of them up another 8". Then I'll see how things go. I don't want to burn stretched, delicate shoots that have been in the dark for the last 12 hours......

One thing I will do, I have to see if it can be scheduled, if not I'll do it via wifi......start the 1st hour low and work up.

Watered, some more clipping, re-tying, very light pruning around the base of the stem.

Maybe I bought small ones, but these bender clips are just too small. Sometimes it's a little precarious, nearly fighting with it just to get a small, very compact bend. I'll see if there are larger ones but they could use a re-think.

Video today
They all look happy! I was thinking of trying out the LST clips, I have been experimenting with supercropping and have seen some nice clips for that, where did you pick yours up?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
They all look happy! I was thinking of trying out the LST clips, I have been experimenting with supercropping and have seen some nice clips for that, where did you pick yours up?
I ordered them through Amazon. I can get the brand name if you need it. They work great for side branches and they need to be very bendable still, but they're not a good substitute for tying down. If there are larget ones I would go for those.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

I ordered them through Amazon. I can get the brand name if you need it. They work great for side branches and they need to be very bendable still, but they're not a good substitute for tying down. If there are larget ones I would go for those.
Those LST training things are truly needed outdoors this time of year. Spread them out early and top is my motto🤣 and I have to keep them under 6' 😬
On a side note your plants look amazing 👏

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Let us pray...... Day 10

I might give it one more day but it's probably time to identify and isolate the males, and make a decision about which ones I'll pollinate with.
it seems we are pretty much in sink with our flowerings times hehehe, nice jungle you got going on here!

edit - seeds runs are always nice to watch, good stuff :-)

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Let us pray...... Day 10

I might give it one more day but it's probably time to identify and isolate the males, and make a decision about which ones I'll pollinate with.
Boisterous indeed.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
What, you didn't dig my egg cream? ;)

Thanks everyone. I've got a lot to do and more to learn if I expect flowering to go well, as well as they deserve. It means getting feedings on point, dialing in the 2 lights properly. Then there's pollen collection and painting the right branches......

The fact that there's like 18 different varieties will be fun, I'll have to deal with each plant on an individual basis, like having a class with 18 different personalities. Of course, not every variety will make it given the males. But this is how I knew it would go from day 1. If no Blueberry or White Widow or the various "Skunk #1"s (yeah, right....) makes it, then it wasn't meant to be frim the beginning. 80+ seedlings, pared down to 24 plants, about 12 females will make the final cut.

And over the next few days, lots of space will free up......

This one is very religious ;)

20230609 095703
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
What, you didn't dig my egg cream? ;)

Thanks everyone. I've got a lot to do and more to learn if I expect flowering to go well, as well as they deserve. It means getting feedings on point, dialing in the 2 lights properly. Then there's pollen collection and painting the right branches......

The fact that there's like 18 different varieties will be fun, I'll have to deal with each plant on an individual basis, like having a class with 18 different personalities. Of course, not every variety will make it given the males. But this is how I knew it would go from day 1. If no Blueberry or White Widow or the various "Skunk #1"s (yeah, right....) makes it, then it wasn't meant to be frim the beginning. 80+ seedlings, pared down to 24 plants, about 12 females will make the final cut.

And over the next few days, lots of space will free up......

This one is very religious ;)
Praying to shiva

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I don't know if some of the red stems mean a slight deficiency is beginning? or because it's on the low end temperature wise. It's fluctuating between 66 and 62 now. I know this is below the consensus temp range, but I've always liked it on the cool side.

I'm entering the phase where I'd appreciate any help and advice.....

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

I don't know if some of the red stems mean a slight deficiency is beginning? or because it's on the low end temperature wise. It's fluctuating between 66 and 62 now. I know this is below the consensus temp range, but I've always liked it on the cool side.

I would say temperature but the way they're praying 🙏 they are happy 😊

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

Say buddy, some times with led, some strains are prone to a “canna tan” which will show you petiole with a purple hue, don’t get me wrong, it totally could be a nitrogen deficiency too, but, your plants are killer, I can’t see that being the case. If you flip your leaves over and check the veins, if they are purple on the bottom, and the petiole is too, that’s a nitrogen issue, if it’s just on the top, that a sun tan. Just a defense mechanism of the plant. This is usually strain specific tho,

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Say buddy, some times with led, some strains are prone to a “canna tan” which will show you petiole with a purple hue, don’t get me wrong, it totally could be a nitrogen deficiency too, but, your plants are killer, I can’t see that being the case. If you flip your leaves over and check the veins, if they are purple on the bottom, and the petiole is too, that’s a nitrogen issue, if it’s just on the top, that a sun tan. Just a defense mechanism of the plant. This is usually strain specific tho,
If you are getting down to 62 degrees at night sustained the whole dark period, well shit you know.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Ok. I'm going to inspect things further tonight when lights on, thank you.....

Besides good light, and it being on the cooler side, the soil is very good. Even though I want to hit the next level with a "living soil" approach, enzymes, good bacteria, etc, I know the soil is very rich with a nice mix plus perlite, coco, worm castings, peat, blood meal. So things have been dialed in well, and because it took a long time I wonder if it's helped them develop more, I don't know. But soon things are going to change, I'm going to have to start feeding them, and that means getting them P & K, plus minerals and micronutrients, in as natural a way possible, without overdoing it and without having salts buildup. 10 days into flowering means I've got 70+ days to get this all right. What I do over the next 60+ days will tell the whole story.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Ok. I'm going to inspect things further tonight when lights on, thank you.....

Besides good light, and it being on the cooler side, the soil is very good. Even though I want to hit the next level with a "living soil" approach, enzymes, good bacteria, etc, I know the soil is very rich with a nice mix plus perlite, coco, worm castings, peat, blood meal. So things have been dialed in well, and because it took a long time I wonder if it's helped them develop more, I don't know. But soon things are going to change, I'm going to have to start feeding them, and that means getting them P & K, plus minerals and micronutrients, in as natural a way possible, without overdoing it and without having salts buildup. 10 days into flowering means I've got 70+ days to get this all right. What I do over the next 60+ days will tell the whole story.
And I’m here for it bro. Seems to me you got this plotted out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom