Oh no, I’ve got a deficiency what the hell.

• Thread starter Leeroy48
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leeroy48

Leeroy48

Hi everyone,

I’ve got a problem we’ve a couple of my plants,

is it N toxic also there are like brown spots on the leaves. Also what will get rid of this something like cal-mag, do you think.

SOIL- Canna terra professional.

PH- 6.5 I always try to hit this mark.

TEMP- 24to 26

HUMD- 45 to 50 always at 45 mark though.

NUTRIENTS- flora series by GH. I gradually increase as the plants grown. Feeding at 3 quarters strength.

FEED- per pot (litre and a half) 10 percent run off.

I’m growing auto’s there at the 10 week mark. Is it to late to correct this.

thank you 🙏

Oh no ive got a deficiency what the hell
Oh no ive got a deficiency what the hell 2
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Hi everyone,

I’ve got a problem we’ve a couple of my plants,

is it N toxic also there are like brown spots on the leaves. Also what will get rid of this something like cal-mag, do you think.

SOIL- Canna terra professional.

PH- 6.5 I always try to hit this mark.

TEMP- 24to 26

HUMD- 45 to 50 always at 45 mark though.

NUTRIENTS- flora series by GH. I gradually increase as the plants grown. Feeding at 3 quarters strength.

FEED- per pot (litre and a half) 10 percent run off.

I’m growing auto’s there at the 10 week mark. Is it to late to correct this.

thank you 🙏

Hello & Welcome to The Farm!

Would you please provide a photo without the blurpurple lights. It is difficult to see the colors and arrangement of spots, etc that will help us figure out what is attacking your babies.

Thanks

Happy Growing 🍻 😎

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Last edited:
Leeroy48

Leeroy48

Too much N. When I used flora series by GH, when my plants were in flower, I stoped using the grow, gave 1/2 strength micro ad full strength bloom. If you get an extra cal-mag supplement, make sure it’s one low in N.
Seraphine perfect thank you.

I will apply to what you said. What is low in N would you say roughly.

sorry to be a pain god bless.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello Anseladams,

please see attached photo hope it’s okay.

happy growing to you two
Not cal or mag. You've got a severe case of mites that's what all those little white speckles are on your leaves I would start there before I changed anything else because nothing's going to be right until you control or eliminate the mites good luck
Screenshot 20200629 080404 Chrome

Screenshot 20200629 080711 Chrome
Edit: your pH is too high for a peat based medium use 6.2, flush to reset the medium but nothing's going to be right until you fix the Mite infestation

Last edited:
Leeroy48

Leeroy48

You've got a severe case of mites that's what all those little white speckles are on your leaves I would start there before I changed anything else because nothing's going to be right until you control or eliminate the mites good luckView attachment 993152
View attachment 993153.
Edit: your pH is too high for a peat based medium use 6.2, and as mentioned above cut back on your nutrients but nothing's going to be right until you fix the Mite infestation
Hi there,

Ive been round the whole plant last week there are no mites on these leaves.

I’ll have another check, also there’s no clear PH range for this soil. How would you know the correct PH range.

Also beachwalker there are 2 different types off soil. Professional and professional plus. Are you sure cause I will change the PH to 6.2.

Also I don’t really wanna flush. That’s not good for me 2 weeks left mate. Might cause even more complications.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi there,

Ive been round the whole plant last week there are no mites on these leaves.

I’ll have another check, also there’s no clear PH range for this soil. How would you know the correct PH range.

Also beachwalker there are 2 different types off soil. Professional and professional plus. Are you sure cause I will change the PH to 6.2.

Also I don’t really wanna flush. That’s not good for me 2 weeks left mate. Might cause even more complications.
You have a Mite infestation, and I told you about your pH. How I know is from experience, do what you want, best wishes.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Some more pics.
Your plants look green and well fed, doesn't look like there's any deficiency at all so another reason I believe it's mites and not a Calcium deficiency

You have to use at least 60 x magnification to see them in many cases, double check and if you don't find it then you're lucky believe me! You don't have far to go anyway & you're going to get to harvest! Good luck!

Edit: regarding pH
Screenshot 20200629 101623 Chrome

Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

Not cal or mag. You've got a severe case of mites that's what all those little white speckles are on your leaves I would start there before I changed anything else because nothing's going to be right until you control or eliminate the mites good luckView attachment 993152
View attachment 993153.
Edit: your pH is too high for a peat based medium use 6.2, flush to reset the medium but nothing's going to be right until you fix the Mite infestation
+1

You got bugs buddy. Sorry.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Some more pics.

Based on the new pics. I now agree this is not a cal/mag issue. My apologies.

For whatever it is worth; In my experience on this board; @chemistry & @Beachwalker are not often shown to be wrong! You could certainly get worse advice. 🙂

You came and asked us a question and have received several responses, now the real work begins. Figuring out what applies to your current situation and resolving accordingly. You will make mistakes and kill plants; it is called learning. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question; except the one not asked!!

Happy Growing 🍻🥂

Dr.B

Dr.B

Based on the new pics. I now agree this is not a cal/mag issue. My apologies.

For whatever it is worth; In my experience on this board; @chemistry & @Beachwalker are not often shown to be wrong! You could certainly get worse advice. 🙂

You came and asked us a question and have received several responses, now the real work begins. Figuring out what applies to your current situation and resolving accordingly. You will make mistakes and kill plants; it is called learning. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question; except the one not asked!!

Happy Growing 🍻🥂
The plants I've grown/lost that have suffered the cruelest fates were plants I assumed would be ok... Didn't bother to ask...

Well put Ansel

Dr.B

Dr.B

Looks like mites and yes they are over fed quite a bit as evident by the dark green and shiny leaves with tip burn. I agree with @Seraphine change the nutrient ratio. Can't help ya with the mites.
Entry/Exit Standard Operating Procedures will help to prevent mites in the future. Assuming you get all the babies on cleanup.

Its closing the barn door after the horse got out I know. Once they're in... Best to take a few simple steps to keep them out buds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom