oil made with alcohol etc..

• Thread starter bicycle racer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bicycle racer

hello to all i normally make oil using butane which works well but i would like to try making oil with other methods like everclear isopropyl alcohol acetone etc... i would like to here peoples favorite methods to make oil with solvents other than butane thanks.:hi:

K

kansasgrown

There is a sub forum under hashish & processing called oil which should have all of your answers. Everclear 190 proof is one of my favorite ways...but I use it for da Green Dragon. I do not evaporate it. For evaporation I use isopropyl alcohol or acetone (from hardware store).

B

bicycle racer

thanks how does the acetone method compare to using iso or everclear?

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
acetone is generally not clean to use.

B

bicycle racer

thats what i was thinking. someone told me everclear is not legal in california i have not looked into this but wonder if true. has anybody used both butane and alcohol sources and if so which produces better results?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
once you go bubble hash you never go back.

Once you get your oil process down, you'll throw your bubble in the trash...not even in the same league IMO....Oil rocks!!! way way stronger, like 50 times stronger, than the best bubble out there and I make badass bubble..

Tex

4 Dragons

4 Dragons

I have used both and PGA works better by far. Much better taste.

O

Oaksterman

thats what i was thinking. someone told me everclear is not legal in california i have not looked into this but wonder if true. has anybody used both butane and alcohol sources and if so which produces better results?
Just went to the local corner store here in Cali for a brew and they had Everclear staring me in the face on the shelf behind the register. Got a friend that distills ethanol (190 proof) and sells to companies that make herbal extracts for the health food industry (just one type of customer)...and I can get it for $25 per gallon.

After working with bubble for a few years came to the conclusion, for me, that it's over rated. Hard to stop the oxidation that happens when using water...also seems to strip stuff out. I prefer the first 20 minutes of a dry tumble.

B

bicycle racer

25 a gall not a bad price. i could make bubble but like others said it is not as potent period compared to bho done right. i do have some king butane i might just make more bho it seems some feel it is better than alcohol extracts

O

Oaksterman

i might just make more bho it seems some feel it is better than alcohol extracts
Butane will give you a purer extract. Problem with alcohol is the longer you leave it in contact with the plant matter the more 'other' stuff you get along with the goodies.

mikeb437

mikeb437

dont you get that "other stuff" in butane? ive always used butane and my oil smells funny all the time.. it just doesnt seem too clean. ( although i make oil from the stems i would normally throw out )

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Iso filtered through a coffee filter a few times gives me amber colored slightly transparent very tasty oil every time, hand full of people on this board have tried my oil and are constantly like dude this aint ISO, like i told yall before ive never made BHO. But BHO or Oil either way your gunna get lit'. Its like saying dude should i use a 20 or 25lbs sledge hammer to hang this picture.....LMAO! If your ISO is harsh it aint filtered enough. First few times we run it through the filters we get a brown ring around the edge of the coffee filter (once the filter dry's), after a couple few times you wont see any brown ring once the filter dry's. The biggest problem i have now, is i cant even smoke a bowl if there aint oil on top. Me tolerance went WEEEEEE! Me and Bunbun recently made some ISO with only some keif and hand pressed balls of hash we'd been holding onto......Holy sheep shit is my opinion on that. One of the few times ive smoked something so strong i actually cant get shit done or hardly stay awake. Im an Oil freak Oil freak Oil smokin' freak ya!!!

-Otto

mikeb437

mikeb437

how do you filter it so many times? once i run the butane thru the weed it evaps soo quickly i cant re-pour it in another filter.. do you just put several filters on at once? gimme the recipe!

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Yea you can only filter BHO once, not sure how you could filter it again? I did try some BHO recently that was filtered through two 120u screens and it was some of the best ive had yet, took me like 5 minutes to get that sticky fucking glob into the bowl, lol. With ISO though just takes two jars pour it back in forth with fresh filters each time, seems to work better when the alcohol n bud is freezing, we just put our jar with the bud an alcohol in the freezer for awhile before we do it. Theres no point in doing another wash if you leave it in the alcohol for awhile, but you have to filter it nice or your ISO will end up being really hard and black not oily n sticky and once it melts on your bowl its impossible to light the weed, no good.

Oh that makes me wonder? How many people who mess with oil have it on a few pairs of pants or shirts, living room table, keyboard, handle to the bedroom, on my freaking drivers license, haha. I cant be the only one who has the problem.

-Otto

mikeb437

mikeb437

whats bho? whats iso? everyone uses the abbreviations.. where do i find out what these mean? lol

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I have smoked ISO,BHO, & Bubble.
I have only made BHO,& Bubble. But IMO the Bho is the best bye far.
I am sure that Dirtywhiteboys method makes some equal though.
I don't think the ISO I have had was made that clean.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
dont you get that "other stuff" in butane? ive always used butane and my oil smells funny all the time.. it just doesnt seem too clean. ( although i make oil from the stems i would normally throw out )

other than just stems, you also need to use good quality butane. some stuff smells funny, its less pure.

D

darookie2000

whats bho? whats iso? everyone uses the abbreviations.. where do i find out what these mean? lol

BHO = butane hash oil
ISO = isopropyl alcohol extracted hash oil (actually isopropyl is really what it means, but that's what people are talking about when they say ISO).

O

OHGEE

Once you get your oil process down, you'll throw your bubble in the trash...not even in the same league IMO....Oil rocks!!! way way stronger, like 50 times stronger, than the best bubble out there and I make badass bubble..

Tex

no shit Tex! i only use the bubble and kief to cut my iso/butane and give it more of a handle-able form hahahaha

only drawback is it drives tolerance sky high!

OHGEE

Top Bottom