ok for coco to dry out after buffering?

• Thread starter Lobo77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lobo77

Lobo77

I have some coco bricks that I'll be rinsing and buffering for the first time.
Should I do all of this around the same time that I start germinating the seeds?
Or is alright if it's prepped earlier and the coco is allowed to dry out before transplanting seedlings to it, and then watering accordingly?

Just curious. Thanks.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I have some coco bricks that I'll be rinsing and buffering for the first time.
Should I do all of this around the same time that I start germinating the seeds?
Or is alright if it's prepped earlier and the coco is allowed to dry out before transplanting seedlings to it, and then watering accordingly?

Just curious. Thanks.

BUFFER for 24 hours than rinse and repeat for anther 24 hrs than its safe to use, i sometimes run RO with cal -mag to drop EC to desired range for seedlings but its not necessary. Once buffered it can dry but you will still need to use cal-mag throughout

Lobo77

Lobo77

Thank you, Marzcanna.

If I move the pots straight to the tent after the buffering is completed will I need to keep the tent temps around 70F to prevent any mold issues until I transplant? Maybe overthinking. Just unclear on this step.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Thank you, Marzcanna.

If I move the pots straight to the tent after the buffering is completed will I need to keep the tent temps around 70F to prevent any mold issues until I transplant? Maybe overthinking. Just unclear on this step.

70F is fine just make sure your RH is above 65% for seedlings

Top Bottom