ok how do you really setup a mpb??

• Thread starter Xceptional
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

Xceptional

I've seen the diy on the buckets and I've looked at some journals and even the nutrient schedule but it just feels like lots of stuff is missing for me to have the full instructions on building one of these from beginning to end. am i missing some buried threads i should be reading?

I'm really not trying to come off as lazy but I've been int his section more then a few times reading and i just feel like i still am missing some of the info to understand the full expenses associated with these systems.

L

Lost

Its just that every setup is a little different. What you are not seeing in the DIY's are things like drain setup and such because that is slightly different. You cen get a basic idea on the first few pages of my MPB setup, but remember I do not run top feed, so you will need to take that into account.

Another reason the DIY are the way they are because if I can be brutally honest, if you don't from the pics get an almost complete idea of how it all works, you may need to spend more time in less complicated hydro. It is not a beginner hydro setup. :)

X

Xceptional

thanks for the response Lost. i think i get it maybe i'm just expecting it to be more involved then what i see becasue it does not seem hard it actually seems very simple to setup.

• run air to each bucket.
  • bucket design is laid out well in DIY
  • get a chiller that will keep the res in the mid to high 60's
  • room temp? IDK what DD ran his at but i know what temps MJ thrive in :)
  • add co2
  • add lots of dehumidification
  • nute schedule used bu DD is laid out in it's own DIY

i probably should just do some more reading. it just seemed like there has to be other threads that should be sticky to help explain this setup.

L

Lost

Thats pretty much it, and even tho it does not seem like much, its a ton of work to get setup. Remember that you want 5k btu's per 1k light of a/c. Your a/c's should handle the dehumidifier if you run it 24/7..

S

swisscheese

Its not that complicated to build or setup. Look at the pics the buckets and bins are easy. It's 100x simpler then I realized.

X

Xceptional

Its not that complicated to build or setup. Look at the pics the buckets and bins are easy. It's 100x simpler then I realized.

see that's what i'm saying bro it seemed too good to be true when looking at the design which is why i figured i'd start a thread and ask if i was overlooking some huge piece.

M

mrdizzle

I think your over thinking it, you already got it. you dont have to run a sealed room, I dont and I still love the buckets. Saves you a ton of money and lets you get a feel for whats going on. the room design is your call, for your space, I will post some pics on my set up to help you see whats what

L

Lost

i probably should just do some more reading. it just seemed like there has to be other threads that should be sticky to help explain this setup.

If you can layout exactly what you would like in a DIY, Club MPB will get it together in one post. It will take a few of us and pics of a few gardens but it can be done.

I can add to my mpb DIY a drain setup thread if that helps as well as my 7X8 layout. I can also throw in a Mini Split FAQ as i'll be installing my second one on wednesday depending on what day I have another surgery next week. After that surgery i'll be down a few days so let me know so I can get it done before then.

X

Xceptional

hey i really appreciate that lost... alot!

take your time off bro and get yourself together I'm in no rush 3-6 months away from being able to start on this setup but i know I'm doing it and i know i want to know everything i need to know before i break ground on construction!

so i have read now to run 50" centers this helps understand the room dimension necessities.

10 plant 11 light

oxo
xox
oxo
xox
oxo
xox
oxo

i understand the 5k btu per 1k so I'm thinking two single zone mini splits with one on each end of the room. i only see them up to 24000 btu so I'm wondering if a central air unit would just be easier to run?

M

mcattak

If you can layout exactly what you would like in a DIY, Club MPB will get it together in one post. It will take a few of us and pics of a few gardens but it can be done.

I can add to my mpb DIY a drain setup thread if that helps as well as my 7X8 layout. I can also throw in a Mini Split FAQ as i'll be installing my second one on wednesday depending on what day I have another surgery next week. After that surgery i'll be down a few days so let me know so I can get it done before then.

Good luck

M

mcattak

hey i really appreciate that lost... alot!

take your time off bro and get yourself together I'm in no rush 3-6 months away from being able to start on this setup but i know I'm doing it and i know i want to know everything i need to know before i break ground on construction!

so i have read now to run 50" centers this helps understand the room dimension necessities.

10 plant 11 light

oxo
xox
oxo
xox
oxo
xox
oxo

i understand the 5k btu per 1k so I'm thinking two single zone mini splits with one on each end of the room. i only see them up to 24000 btu so I'm wondering if a central air unit would just be easier to run?

For 11000k you need a minimum of 4 tons...I would get a 3 ton (they do make these) and a 2 ton mini split...Gives you 60000 btu and the 2 ton can run all dark cycle to get rid of the humidity..

Call austin at

These are the units I am running...

Top Bottom