Ok. This is the second time this is happening!

• Thread starter Mommag71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mommag71

Mommag71

I don’t know what is going wrong. We had so many good grows. The last one had a bunch of aphids! How? Now it looks like the same is happening. I don’t know what to do. I’ve been spraying every other day, got lady bugs, using diatomaceous earth, nothing seems to keep them away. Now today the leaves are looking terrible. Is this aphids or am I doing something wrong with nutrients?

Ok this is the second time this is happening
THCMonster

THCMonster

Did you actually see aphids on them?

From at least this pic i dont see any aphids.

It looks more like a deficiency too me, but i could be wrong cause aphids do like to suck the sap out of your plant!

Can you give a few more details about whats been happening... Like...

1)how long ago did this start happening
2) has it progressively gotten worse, or does it seem like it happened overnight?
3) what symptoms are your plants showing (stunted growth? Twisted leaves? Drooping leaves or curled?)

These answers will help me and other on here to better help you

Mommag71

Mommag71

It looks more like a deficiency too me, but i could be wrong cause aphids do like to suck the sap out of your plant!

2) has it progressively gotten worse, or does it seem like it happened overnight?
3) what symptoms are your plants showing (stunted growth? Twisted leaves? Drooping leaves or curled?)

Hi! It actually started a couple days ago. Just today it seemed worse. The plants are just about ready to be harvested...trichomes are getting milky...this is what happened with my last grow. I will get a pic of the little buggers on the one plant. Grrr

Mommag71

Mommag71

Hi! It actually started a couple days ago. Just today it seemed worse. The plants are just about ready to be harvested...trichomes are getting milky...this is what happened with my last grow. I will get a pic of the little buggers on the one plant. Grrr

I noticed it a couple days ago and it’s getting progressively worse. But it’s only in one side of the room. Actually in a corner. Yes I could actually see these little round black bugs. They’re not fungus gnats...we got lady bugs to try to combat that problem but that didn’t work. I am posting another pic of the whole plant. Problem is, the lights on in there you can’t really see the coloring?

3666DB6C 904E 4B4C B3C7 F24CA758A01B
THCMonster

THCMonster

Oh that looks rough no lie, i would say its the damage of aphids, but have you checked to see if anymore are on it, when a plant goes through any kind of stress bugs pick up on that and attack, thats why some plants can have bugs and the other ones around them dont.

Also aphids can be black as well depends on where you live

For ex:

Normal aphid
20721 original

And black aphids usually in their adult stage or different species:

Images
Oat aphids 1

If that is the only plant, personally i would get it out the room, i know it sucks but your taking a bigger risk at keeping it in there!

You could still make butter with it and make some edibles if no bugs are on it! But if any of the other plants go through any stress the bugs will attack those plants too!

If the bugs arent on the plant its still at risk because now that plant is a target for both bugs and white powdery mildew!

I know it sucks, ive thrown away $1000's of plants in the past, but its just my opinion.

I would also grab a microscope if you dont have one 60x-100x just to make sure you dont have any RUSSET OR BROAD MITES!

Mommag71

Mommag71

Oh that looks rough no lie, i would say its the damage of aphids, but have you checked to see if anymore are on it, when a plant goes through any kind of stress bugs pick up on that and attack, thats why some plants can have bugs and the other ones around them dont.

Also aphids can be black as well depends on where you live

For ex:

Normal aphidView attachment 943548

And black aphids usually in their adult stage or different species:

View attachment 943549View attachment 943550

If that is the only plant, personally i would get it out the room, i know it sucks but your taking a bigger risk at keeping it in there!

You could still make butter with it and make some edibles if no bugs are on it! But if any of the other plants go through any stress the bugs will attack those plants too!

If the bugs arent on the plant its still at risk because now that plant is a target for both bugs and white powdery mildew!

I know it sucks, ive thrown away $1000's of plants in the past, but its just my opinion.

I would also grab a microscope if you dont have one 60x-100x just to make sure you dont have any RUSSET OR BROAD MITES!
Yes...they look like the round ones. I guess I’ll pull that plant out. Boo. But I do t want to jeopardize the others. How do I get rid of them once and for all? Can I bomb with buds?

dire wolf

dire wolf

I don’t know what is going wrong. We had so many good grows. The last one had a bunch of aphids! How? Now it looks like the same is happening. I don’t know what to do. I’ve been spraying every other day, got lady bugs, using diatomaceous earth, nothing seems to keep them away. Now today the leaves are looking terrible. Is this aphids or am I doing something wrong with nutrients?
Wow , that looks like frozen basil , i gotta think about this one....
What type of feed schedeule are the plants on ?
What strain is it , just curious

Can you take a pic with white light ,so we can see all damage ?
Hate to be rough , but if was me, id get rid of everything and an intensive clean up and re think the problem
Those bastards are going to stress you out and give you a good fight...

Maybe more satisfying to start fresh , happens to all of us....

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Yes...they look like the round ones. I guess I’ll pull that plant out. Boo. But I do t want to jeopardize the others. How do I get rid of them once and for all? Can I bomb with buds?

If you do in fact have bugs I have a suggestion.

Here's this stuff I have been using this year with excellent results. GrowSafe Bio-Pesticide. It's 100% organic and can be sprayed up till harvest. No nasty smell or taste as with Neem oil. No need to add coco wet or anything for emulsion. Simply mix with water and spray, gently massaging the leaves while you spray. Apply every 2 or 3 days for 2 weeks, should eliminate any mites, aphids etc that may be causing your troubles AND 100% SAFE for honey bees unlike Neem.

It is a little more expensive than neem oil, but cheaper than harsh chemicals that you shouldn't be using during flower, anyways.

Here it is on Amazon -
https://www.amazon.com/Bio-Pesticid...esticide&qid=1582361249&sprefix=growsa&sr=8-3

Mommag71

Mommag71

This is a bud from the other side of the room. Huge difference!
If you do in fact have bugs I have a suggestion.

Here's this stuff I have been using this year with excellent results. GrowSafe Bio-Pesticide. It's 100% organic and can be sprayed up till harvest. No nasty smell or taste as with Neem oil. No need to add coco wet or anything for emulsion. Simply mix with water and spray, gently massaging the leaves while you spray. Apply every 2 or 3 days for 2 weeks, should eliminate any mites, aphids etc that may be causing your troubles AND 100% SAFE for honey bees unlike Neem.

It is a little more expensive than neem oil, but cheaper than harsh chemicals that you shouldn't be using during flower, anyways.

Here it is on Amazon -
https://www.amazon.com/Bio-Pesticid...esticide&qid=1582361249&sprefix=growsa&sr=8-3
Thank you so much! Heading to amazon now!

D9C7DC71 E498 4247 9543 CB8DB9317A62
Reactions: Ina
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

That’s what I have now. We’ve been doing that every other day and those little suckers won’t die!
Yikes! I had some aphids outdoors last yr, and it killed them fast!
Sorry it didn't work for you.
😢

Dan789

Dan789

@Mommag71 I’d also be suspicious of that bud you last showed, anytime I see the edges of a leaf rolled up, it’s due to something...bugs in particular.

Chester13

Chester13

Try tomatoes water, cut up 2 cups of tomatoe leaves soak over night for 24 hours, strain add 2 more cups if water. Spray aphids, since tomatoes are from the solanacea family like DEADLY nightshade. The chemical in the tomatoes leaves will kill aphids and are fine for beneficials.

Chester13

Chester13

Try tomatoes water, cut up 2 cups of tomatoe leaves soak over night for 24 hours, strain add 2 more cups if water. Spray aphids, since tomatoes are from the solanacea family like DEADLY nightshade. The chemical in the tomatoes leaves will kill aphids and are fine for beneficials.
Works for me, and if its outside the beneficials that are attracted to tomatoe scent will go onto your cannabis plants to seek out the aphids, good luck bro

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Turn your lights down a bit. Having them blasting away is not helping. Let the plant recover.
Rinse your plants with clean water. No nutes, no nothing. Just water.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
Start a thread you'll be surprised! We read these

Latest posts

Top Bottom