Old Betsty lineage

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

Anyone know what the lineage is on the Old Betsy? The person I got it form didn't know exactly. Supposedly it comes from SoCal but that's all I've been able to find out.

CBF

CBF

Supporter
good buddy Dusty grows that cut, we did abunch of it outdoors this past season. had been told it was a NL cross, but ran into some oldtimers that had said it was a White Widow cross, never did find out the other side of the work.

CBF

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Maybe it is NL x White Widow then CBF. The they only know half the parentage each but together they have both parents.

fractal

fractal

It's good, pretty leafy but a stink like hot pussy. I'm amazed that someone admits to being friends with dusty! haha. But I wish him well, we're all just trying to do our best in this life.

Blaze

Blaze

I have also heard that it was some sort of NL cross, but also that it was a white widow cross as well, so maybe it is NL x WW. It was an impressive plant outdoors.

CBF

CBF

Supporter
I'm amazed that someone admits to being friends with dusty! haha.

ive know him for many years, since the beginnin of icmag, finally had a face to face this past summer, and he's as cool as the other side of the pillow,heh. enjoyed the short time we had together, and would some day like to visit his place.

CBF

C

calicoli

It's good, pretty leafy but a stink like hot pussy. I'm amazed that someone admits to being friends with dusty! haha. But I wish him well, we're all just trying to do our best in this life.

Dusty is the man! Proud to be his friend!

budfriend

budfriend

If its the same cut I new it from north county san diegoearly to mid 2000's and some peeps had that on lockdown. They would only sell it by the ounce price no matter how much you wanted and i knew some people who would only smoke that.

How did you get that? I thought it was gone. That cut and p-91 which i had back in the day and Bullrider from OB and the BO from north county as in body order were the bombest smoke around.

peace

Blaze

Blaze

I got it from a good friend, there are a few ppl up here in NorCal that have been keeping it going. However after further investigation it turns out I might actually have Betsy x Mango, not the original Betsy. Either way, it was a great cut. I was told this by someone else, cannot personally vouch for the accuracy though:

"Its from del mar ca ....

betsey bill was the guys name who found the pheno ..

he died in the last 2 years ...

i speculate nl5 haze is in it ...

i can ask my buddy who got popped running it ... ...

there are 2 crosses of it . One with the mango and another i forget ... Mot people have the crosses from what i have seen...

i cant ask my homeboy about it on the phone because he is still noided about his raid even tho it was years ago ... But when i go pick up my puppy from him i will ask ..

i hear it got leaked from betsey dave when my buddy marley got some clones for a pretty penny. But then he went to rehab ... His roomate then shared it with kids that skate for a famous socal shoe company .. Thats why yall have it ... Betsey dave only leaked it to marley and his circle ... Thats what i was told ..

kids been running it since mid to late 90's ..

it looks kind indica in veg but is full on sat .."

budfriend

budfriend

right on good info and sounds legit. Yeah my friend was friends with this guy whose brother was running it and had alot of kids growing for him but that was many bong loads ago. They were from encinities. He packed me a bowl a few times but he kept it hidden away. He never wanted to smoke anything else

Blaze

Blaze

I can see why, it is good stuff. It was not my personal favorite form this last crop, but some of my patients absolutely love it and were quite sad I only grew one "tester" in a 50 gal pot. The smell is great, sort of like fermenting mangoes and it is dense as all hell. Really tripped me out that it came out looking almost exactly like indoor hydro even though it was grown bio-dynamically in soil outside. It will definitely be making a return next year in force :)

J

JAHGYDI

yeah i remember betsy. she was good to me in the late 90s. ill have to ask some of my old poway heads.

S

Spliff-killa

Hello guys and gals, Ive been off for a minute kinda just watching and funny this thread should pop up. Ive been waiting for years for someone to ask or talk about Betsy.
The Story of Betsy:
So here goes, I can personally tell you the real story behind Betsy, well cause I used to live with guy who grew it. It originally comes from somewhere in SD, wanna say Lemon Grove, National City omething like that. Well in the early 90s she moved up to Carlsbad( Alga Road to be percise), I met up with Bill S. in early 99, (and yes he is dead), and he taught me how to grow. Now the story of how she moved around: I know many of the players in this story, Bill was terminally ill and Betsy was his medicine. She wasnt horded but she was conserved for people who deserved her. When Bill got sicker in his last years, he kinda just let her go, guess cuz he knew he was dying. Marley and a few were given her to grow, pass on, who knows. She ended up in Nor Cal because of Marley. Supposedly he traded some clones for some Betsy clones. I just returned to SD last year and heard part of the story. Unfortunally she was lost(kinda) after Bill died. Ive heard she has been crossed and kinda watered down. So im guessing thats were the mango smell is coming from. She is a wonderful plant( i miss her) and stinky to all get out! Now its been awhile since I last saw her, but Mangoes is not one of her smells. She was clone only and a FUCKING yielder, out of 2 1000s she put out over 3lbs. And donkey dicks as long as your arms, No bullshit seen it! And let me tell you about sticky, holey crap batmwn, its one of thse if you touch you dont want to touch again it was soooooo sticky. Anyway if you have here in any form, if not the orignal consider yourself lucky. Its one you dont let go, I would loveto get my hands on her again. Oh yah personal grow info, she loves General Hydroponics ferts if you can believe that!

707seedbank

707seedbank

Supporter
Spliff killa- How would you describe the smell of the betsy and what do you think the lineage is? The cut that floats around N.Cali does grow HUGE donkey dicks but does have a mango/floral smell to it.

If i were to guess i would think its a NL/blueberry cross

thefatmanhimself

thefatmanhimself

Hi Spliff Killa ,I have some hermie seeds of an original betsy cut I got from one of bill's crew in 1997 i think? I lived on Levante from '95 through 2005 and was one of the "i only smoke betsy kids". boy was i lucky. Eric was my friend and he basically lived on Bill's couch. Eric and I were surf buddies and went to middle school together. I can't reach him now. My question for you is what is your knowldedge behind the genetics and parentental heritage lineage? Clone only from what strains? cross of what? Anyway I have some moms that I just popped now along with some "ole betsy" seeds released by 707 seadbank. maybe they are watered down with mango influence or maybe something good comes of it. We will have to see.

Hello guys and gals, Ive been off for a minute kinda just watching and funny this thread should pop up. Ive been waiting for years for someone to ask or talk about Betsy.
The Story of Betsy:
So here goes, I can personally tell you the real story behind Betsy, well cause I used to live with guy who grew it. It originally comes from somewhere in SD, wanna say Lemon Grove, National City omething like that. Well in the early 90s she moved up to Carlsbad( Alga Road to be percise), I met up with Bill S. in early 99, (and yes he is dead), and he taught me how to grow. Now the story of how she moved around: I know many of the players in this story, Bill was terminally ill and Betsy was his medicine. She wasnt horded but she was conserved for people who deserved her. When Bill got sicker in his last years, he kinda just let her go, guess cuz he knew he was dying. Marley and a few were given her to grow, pass on, who knows. She ended up in Nor Cal because of Marley. Supposedly he traded some clones for some Betsy clones. I just returned to SD last year and heard part of the story. Unfortunally she was lost(kinda) after Bill died. Ive heard she has been crossed and kinda watered down. So im guessing thats were the mango smell is coming from. She is a wonderful plant( i miss her) and stinky to all get out! Now its been awhile since I last saw her, but Mangoes is not one of her smells. She was clone only and a FUCKING yielder, out of 2 1000s she put out over 3lbs. And donkey dicks as long as your arms, No bullshit seen it! And let me tell you about sticky, holey crap batmwn, its one of thse if you touch you dont want to touch again it was soooooo sticky. Anyway if you have here in any form, if not the orignal consider yourself lucky. Its one you dont let go, I would loveto get my hands on her again. Oh yah personal grow info, she loves General Hydroponics ferts if you can believe that!

Top Bottom