Old but not, new

• Thread starter ncga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ncga

ncga

Hi All

I would like tho thank the admin for giving me full privileges at this site. I appreciate the level of participants and range of budgets. I am trying to perfect my lab to be the best starting, and experimental lab it can be. It has evolved over the past years. I have enjoyed the jabs for the Junior Farmer status by those that know me. It's a warm welcome. . I used to work only indoors over 20 years ago and even sort of dabbled in some breeding :). Currently I work seasonally indoors, but mainly no focus on outdoor growing. But always trying to learn every year and to improve my lab and gather information on indoor improvements.

I hope to contribute to the outdoor, indoor and other forums.

It is nice to see breeders forums here and hope to get to know the rules better. Being pulled from retirement , so this looks like a nice place to start my day.

I will say up front I have a back ground in EE l and am a current Chef , a 215 Consultant, among other things as some of you might remember me. My big pet peeve currently ( past12 years LOL )is proper AG practices and PPG. WE are the main reason we have a out of control mite problems. I will chime in on this as well as the proper use of insecticides, fungicide, and my current soap box Miticides

nc

B

bowlpacks

Im new here too. Very interested in your Lab. Are you gonna give us the rundown? It sounds like you've got quite a cannabis career to share! Hope to hear!
:smiley_joint:

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Welcome NCGA! Your BlueWidow, BlueBell, and MCW all did their rounds in my garden bro. Good stuff. Good to see your still at it.

sky high

sky high

yo dude. Long time, no see. Sounds like yer gearing up for another year of fun!

I hope all else is well on your end.

be well

s h

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Good to see you around here junior ;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:) I think you might get a huge laugh out of my paper suit.

ncga

ncga

Thanks

So many twin names LOL

Sky So nice to see you . Still have photos in mind mind of the trip out. For a laugh we are still not in the house yet. Already had to repair the frig which is out of even the extended warranty, LOL

I will post a lot more after a big job this weekend , In the kitchen cooking away. The hints around food come from the fact that I'm a chef and I'm sure there's more than one around here. For some reason pot and food go together.

Also nice to see some still enjoying the genitcs.

Well I will be cooking in Cali for a few upcoming parties
Growers BBQ end of June
Red White and Blues first week in July
THE EVENT , well same time as always LOl

And back on the road this coming January. This past year we put 11,389 miles on the Volvo in 27 states.

My Lab

Well it's where I play, learn and work. The starting point for a LOT of med clients. I do churn out a fair number of clones. Then when all out do 1 indoor R&D run per year. This way I can identify specific phenos that work indoors.

I'm mainly an outdoor grower and last year did a R&D 18x 40 greenhouse , which will be done differently this year ROI was very good.

My ballast rack with new digitals and some old as dirt 400's. Can anyone remember the oldest one in the photo ? Dates back to 1982.

nc

DSCF0285
B

bowlpacks

That IS quite the mix of ballasts you got there! An ol' pro still hard at work. Are those digi's Galaxy's? If so, how do you like em? Any complaints?

sky high

sky high

Welcome

LOL about the house. Such is life! Like you...I have SO MUCH shit to do on that side of things it isn't funny as we're up to >3< houses now. I'll learn someday... heehee

That grey/square ballast w/ the handle on top looks like my first "J & R" 1000w MH ballast set up. Pretty sure they were from Seattle.... but either way I got em used in '92 or so from a friend who's mother-in-law found em in the basement of a house she bought and wanted em gone....along with 2- 4' parabolic reflectors and a couple of those HUGE 1000 watt lamps that were about the size of a football. LOL. Going from a 400 hps to 2000 watts of Mh was incredible at the time....

for an outdoor gy you have a lot of shit, bro! LOL

funny how dat works, huh?

s h

ncga

ncga

bp

I really LIKE the CAP digital ballast. The green Galaxy ballast are on their way back. WAY to much RFI. I liked the idea of one ballast to do all lights, 400/600/1K. But I will be adding two more CAP NextGen 400/600 and 2 quantum 1K's. I bought a Hana meter to justify the purchase of the new ballast. Funny spending 180. to make sure the digis were worth it. The answer is yes they put out 30% more lumens than the mag ballast. They also are about $2.00 less a month to run. But best of all the NextGen's just look so cool and @205 each a deal for a 400/600.

For years I have had MH and HPS ballast, With the digitals I can reduce them by half. On the 3rd row from the top the ballast on the far right is a major dinosaur. Goes back to the Days of Aeon in Novato. About the same time GH was in a small industrial park and Hydro Farm was Diamond Lights in an old Victorian in San Rafael

Sky

Well those outdoor plants need a place to start. With markets the way they are I have also done some flowing to identify specific phenos to keep. So far hit and miss. It takes me a year or two to figure out the specific light cycle to bring them back outside each year. Not all strains work to bring back out, but I spend a lot of time working on it since that what my clients want.

The big problem is where do you get rid of old ballast :mad0233:

Well off to the Kitchen get finished up prep for a big wedding this weekend. Will be reading but not much posting until Monday. This will be a hard weekend emotional with the loss, and my out of shape winter body needs to actually do some physical work. It's good but I hate getting back into shape every year.

nc

D

dusty

Both of you[n1 & NC] are a huge inspiration to me ! Thank you for making yourselves accessible to the online community. your experience in this hobby is priceless.

B

BlueWater

Ha, my first lights were Diamonds. A friend gave me four of them. I had a 430hps in my closet and got 15.5 ozs on the first run, was hooked lol. Grew them in breadbags lmao, which were perfect little growbags!! Did 47 packed in under that light. Set the other 4 up in a spare room next to my bedroom while my mom was at work. she freaked lol, but got over it(now she grows!!!) That was in the rowhome I grew up in. Neighbors had to know what was up, zero odor control back then, other than incense.

I

Inuit

Hey NCGA, glad you're legit now :)

Welcome aboard you little 18 post newbie, lol

Be safe

A

ncga

ncga

Hi OS

There is a lot growing going on here LOL.

Have be going full scale with attention to 3 little ladies, Had to figure out how to get 120 clones from them in 3 weeks :(. Looks like I will be close to the goal. They are pampered now with A/C and an over clocked Cool Deluxe bulb ( 400 watt running at 600)

nc

Top Bottom