Solved Old photo links are broken

• Thread starter Shady
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
As requested by TECK, I've started this thread for assistance...

Posting insecure links to images hosted outside THCFarmer is prohibited, I apologize for the inconvenince. This is done for your own security, as well to protect the identity of other farmers. A sneaky person could upload an image to one of those sites and transmit your information outside THCFarmer.

Again, we are doing this because we want to protect you and anyone else from bad people. I updated your first 3 posts with images uploaded into THCFarmer servers, it looks neat and much easier to post them with our upload system. :)

I'll ask one of the moderators to update the rest of broken images, we are here to help as much as we can.
Please read more how to upload images and thank you for helping us protect YOUR privacy.
TECK... I'm quoting this from another thread and hope you can do the same for my old photos... I've been using the Farm's uploading process since logic required it, but all of my old photobucket photos are now broken... Can you update the rest of broken images into the Farm's server?

T

TECK

Is best you start a thread with the right pictures and pm the forum mods to delete your old thread. We cannot restore all the broken images for everyone, or else we will never sleep.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Isn't there a way to write a script or code to automate the insertion of the photo link into the server in a similar fashion to how you have made all links invalid? How can I recreate several threads over the last 3 yrs with your suggestion?

T

TECK

Unfortunately, we don't even know what threads have broken links. I'll let logic and the mods decide what is to be done, as I only deal with the servers. But from a technical point of view is not feasible with a script.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Well, all I'm asking for is to allow old links to somehow be restored or inserted into the server. Since logic made it clear that all outside links were not allowed several months ago, I've been uploading to the Farm. I've been an active and contributing member here for several years and feel as though all my efforts to post detailed threads with photos have been in vain now that you can't see any pictures...

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I feel u shady.. I put in lots & lots of hard work in2 my threads & 1 is missing & my 1st thread ever has no pics.. & even 1 of my threads has 1/2 it's pics.. But as soon as Logic said no more photobucket pics I started 2 do it the way he said but all my older stuff got fucked.. & I even lost about 1000 posts.. Lots of hard work down the drain..

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I didn't mean 2 sound like I was complaining.. I juss feel ur pain Shady..

T

TECK

Well, all I'm asking for is to allow old links to somehow be restored or inserted into the server. Since logic made it clear that all outside links were not allowed several months ago, I've been uploading to the Farm. I've been an active and contributing member here for several years and feel as though all my efforts to post detailed threads with photos have been in vain now that you can't see any pictures...
Let's see what logic and the mods decide. :)
This is really their area of expertise.

T

TECK

Yup. Lost 1000 post too goo... ~ODB~
As said before many times, the number of posts don't mean nothing. Just to clear things, some of those "missing posts" were actually erroneous as the old system did not regressed your posts count if you deleted a post or something got moved into another forum. The posts you have now are the REAL number of posts you made... unless you started a thread and posted there 875 times, while that thread was one of the broken ones that could not be restored into refreshed database.

Don't worry everyone still cares about you at THCFarmer. :D

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I was wondering this today...then saw this thread.

Are all the photos that I uploaded to THCFAMER Gone?
or will they be there when the new photo gallery is here?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yup. Lost 1000 post too goo... ~ODB~
It was prolly when we used 2 hang out in OG Raskals Helpdesk.. We made lots of posts inside there & I'm sure all those threads got deleted.. I used 2 post there all the time & so did u ODB.. So prolly when those threads vanished so did r post count..the threads have been gone 4 a min now but they juss recently updated the post count..

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Your prolly right Goo.. I did used to chill in the OGRaskal section the majority of the first year i was here... I didnt realize hw many post i made in that section.. lol. Thanks for clearing that up bro. ~ODB~

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I just noticed my first grow journal #3 and TopDawg Test grow of Guava 13 are missing or deleted... Neither are new or in the wrong forums... That explains why my post count dropped by over 1000 posts in the last week... FTW!

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
To everyone we lost threads its as simple as that. they are not coming back. i am sorry. there is nothing we can do. your pissed off? how do you think i feel? this is my forum i like everything to be perfect around here. i dont like seeing broken or missing threads as much as you. if there was anything todo to fix the problem it would of been done along time ago.

We had todo the forum upgrade for the better of the community, and again im sorry some threads/pics were lost in the process.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
>>>I have lost ALL my threads people so quit your bitchen<<<

gtd

T

TECK

It was prolly when we used 2 hang out in OG Raskals Helpdesk.. We made lots of posts inside there & I'm sure all those threads got deleted.. I used 2 post there all the time & so did u ODB.. So prolly when those threads vanished so did r post count..the threads have been gone 4 a min now but they juss recently updated the post count..
I hear you, some of the threads got corrupted when we converted them to the new format. Some we were able to save them, some we could not. Also, the new Gallery we put in place will allow you to store the images safely using the new secure SSL format. In a way, is all for the best as everything will work properly not half broken as it was before.

Top Bottom