Old School Strains You Want To See More Of

• Thread starter Smoking Gun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

This is exactly where I fear the industry is growing. Look how at the Random Auctions block at the top of the page, every time a new set pops up at least half of them have genetics from the Chem family tree. I understand that OG is awesome, but part of what makes it so awesome is its unique flavors, but if we breed it into everything it loses that special something. As for the Kush craze, it did hit hard and fast, and most of it didn't have any actual kush, or even OG kush in there, people were just getting strains and attaching kush to the end to make it sell. Before Bubba and OG you are correct the only kush on the market was Hindu Kush and Master Kush, and the Master came from Hindu lines. The whole kush craze has really subsided, that is unless you are taking about OG, then the market demand is as high as ever.

Hopefully some of us who are looking for something different to smoke, and not just the next name to make a buck, will start breeding some new varieties. I am hoping some people use some of the older genetics -the real stuff, seed packs from before 2005- to create new gear. Hopefully the new fad will be getting back to some of the older flavors.

KC Brains kind fell out of favor with the market, but I think his gear would be great material to start some new unique varieties. I have been really considering getting some of his gear when I have the money to do so, even if I have to put the seeds away for several years before I can work with them.
interesting read guys - i have a pack of kc's mango and was thinking of doing the same one day , its a great yielding ass kicking strain and mixed with something could really be interesting , I have also been holding on to some burmese land race seeds and was gonna do the same and was thinking about it before buku came out....

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

A guy I know has the old school Cali -O from early eighties and it's the most creamy orange plant I have ever smelled probly my one of my top 3 favourite smelling plants and the taste transfered....I have only got to try it grown in a green house and was still amazing Im trying to get my one buddy to get a hold of it cause im dieing to run it inside and again wasn't the strongest herb but was still kick ass and im sure you could make some killer crosses with it as I have never smelled anything like it!

I also got a pack of K.C mango that I would like to crack.....my med buddy cracked a pack awhile ago and said he had a pheno that was outstanding he regrets losing it alot!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

also there was a Hashplant coming form B.C around 2003-2005 that was off the hook was always around then out of nowhere it dissapered that is one strain I would freaking love to have in my line up but havent seen a trace of it since!

I would take it over some of the kushes anyday of the week!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

also there was a Hashplant coming form B.C around 2003-2005 that was off the hook was always around then out of nowhere it dissapered that is one strain I would freaking love to have in my line up but havent seen a trace of it since!

I would take it over some of the kushes anyday of the week!
That is called "biker hashplant" I believe. Very little hairs, super dense and crystally nugs with a kind of chocolate flavor.....I miss the shit out of it, it was amazing smoke and it is still alive and well up there just has not made its way down here to my knowledge. Been hunting like a hound for her though!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
What is "opium dipped thai stick"???
if it was opium dipped,it ain't Thai Buddha tied to the stems by fibre!!!(true "Thai stick")
I received some GREAT Thai Buddha in the late eighties,that was equal to anything,ever.
Love a ton of it!!!
yes sir, the real deal thai stick but that had to be 1984-86.....
I did a lot of smoking in the 80's (in my 20's) I saw and smoked that thai on a stick For years.

I dont think I ever had the opium kind though...Latter we could get that same Very tasty Thai in bags.
It was dark chocolaty colored and tasty as hell...

I love the Piney weed!! I want that! too

I quit smoking weed in 1999....till 2010...so I missed out on some stuff

Hollywood420

Hollywood420

I grow panama red and thai stick both. Im probably the only one left growing and breeding them here in the USA. Im in Oregon a legal weed state. I been growing 28 years.

IMG 20161104 123552
J

Jhowemca

Damn that looks good!

Those genetics should be growing over here on the east coast too.

You know for safety!

dalai farma

dalai farma

For all you folks missing the hashplant, skunk #1 and Northern Lights, head over to Mr. Nice seeds. He was the original breeder of those and you can still get them. Skunk 1 is now called Shit. Ortega is an all NL strain and I believe the Jack Herer is now the Mango Haze. I HIGHLY recommend growing the Mango Haze. I cannot say enough about how KILLER this strain is. Anyways, those old school strains are still out there. Happy Holidays all !!!

Top Bottom