OldManRiver's 2021 PNW Outdoor Girls - White Widow and Blue Dream

• Thread starter OldManRiver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Starting to flower. Fed them for the last time today, botanicare bloom plus Heavy Fire. They are blooming a couple weeks later than prior years, which is puzzling. Blue dream on the left, White widow on the right, two plants. The tops are about ten feet tall at this point. Do you think I can expect four ounces each? ;-)

PXL 20210907 211426797
PXL 20210907 211352194
PXL 20210907 211445123
PXL 20210907 211438660
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Old man river you were right about the black market being history. I am 450 miles south of you and talking to a guy today. He said pounds going for 4 to 500.Unless you want to try to run the gauntlet back east.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Old man river you were right about the black market being history. I am 450 miles south of you and talking to a guy today. He said pounds going for 4 to 500.Unless you want to try to run the gauntlet back east.
And the clock is ticking on shipping east. Federal legalization is coming up upon us. Here in Oregon, i can't give it away as fast as i grow it now. Never thought I would live to see that day.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

What I would do for Legalization in my country I don’t care about the money from sales just wanna be able to grow my own weed without the threat of getting my door kicked in by the boys in blue😂 you Americans have it better than u think we 20yrs behind u guys👍

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
BTW. Your plants are looking good. Nice and healthy. What do you think probably early November? Two of mine will probably be that. One might be through mid October. She started flowering early for some reason. I ain’t complaining.Got rained on last night for the first time in their lives. An Anomaly. Hopefully be the last time in their lives. Hope your weather holds and good luck!

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Looks like another 9 weeks bud. Have you thought about defoliating some? I'd anticipate harvesting 1/2 pound per plant. Do you have one of those usb 120x zoom cameras for checking resin maturity?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

BTW. Your plants are looking good. Nice and healthy. What do you think probably early November? Two of mine will probably be that. One might be through mid October. She started flowering early for some reason. I ain’t complaining.Got rained on last night for the first time in their lives. An Anomaly. Hopefully be the last time in their lives. Hope your weather holds and good luck!
Nah, late October. Though everything is ripening later than normal this year.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Looks like another 9 weeks bud. Have you thought about defoliating some? I'd anticipate harvesting 1/2 pound per plant. Do you have one of those usb 120x zoom cameras for checking resin maturity?
My question was a joke. Those will be well north of two lbs each. If I defoliated, they might be a half lb.

3 balls

3 balls

I'm tuned in. PNW all my life but have never tried or even seen an outdoor grow attempt. I know it can be done though. I'm sure I will be proven wrong but my indoor mentality is screaming: flowering under the clouds? How will they not be a giant plume of PM and fungus? Like @GanjaFarmer24 suggested, my gut tells me not pruning and defoliating seems nuts. But like I said I have zero experience with it. I'm rooting for you and cant wait to see the results.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I'm tuned in. PNW all my life but have never tried or even seen an outdoor grow attempt. I know it can be done though. I'm sure I will be proven wrong but my indoor mentality is screaming: flowering under the clouds? How will they not be a giant plume of PM and fungus? Like @GanjaFarmer24 suggested, my gut tells me not pruning and defoliating seems nuts. But like I said I have zero experience with it. I'm rooting for you and cant wait to see the results.
If you look at the links under my profile in my signature, you'll see that I've been doing this here for several years. You definitely want to pick earlier harvesting strains, and I use actinovate to keep bud rot at bay. I live in the greater Portland area and you can grow a whole ton of weed outdoors quite easily. The best results are definitely dependent on decent weather in late September and early October, but I always get a good amount.

Pruning and defoliating are only relevant in indoor situations. You prune to get more bud area at an even height from the light. There is no need to do this outdoors. Defoliation likewise is to get light to lower levels of the plant, and in sunlight that's just not an issue either. I do prune out minor branches in the interior of the plant to increase airflow.

3 balls

3 balls

If you look at the links under my profile in my signature, you'll see that I've been doing this here for several years. You definitely want to pick earlier harvesting strains, and I use actinovate to keep bud rot at bay. I live in the greater Portland area and you can grow a whole ton of weed outdoors quite easily. The best results are definitely dependent on decent weather in late September and early October, but I always get a good amount.

Pruning and defoliating are only relevant in indoor situations. You prune to get more bud area at an even height from the light. There is no need to do this outdoors. Defoliation likewise is to get light to lower levels of the plant, and in sunlight that's just not an issue either. I do prune out minor branches in the interior of the plant to increase airflow.
I don't question your skill level or past success, the plants look beautiful. I actually looked up your weather forecast in the St. Helens area right after my first post. Highs in the low 60's, Lows in the low 40's, rain and RH in the high 90's at different points in the next week. Knowing how difficult it can be to grow quality smoke indoors, where you can control all of these things, it's just hard for me to picture the stuff turning out decent.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I don't question your skill level or past success, the plants look beautiful. I actually looked up your weather forecast in the St. Helens area right after my first post. Highs in the low 60's, Lows in the low 40's, rain and RH in the high 90's at different points in the next week. Knowing how difficult it can be to grow quality smoke indoors, where you can control all of these things, it's just hard for me to picture the stuff turning out decent.
I certainly won't argue that I would prefer four more weeks of hot sunny weather, but this isn't atypical and I usually manage to squeak out with just a few patches of bud rot.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Here is a view from the back. I have trimmed the branches on this side to make room for the tomatoes, as they don't get as much light. You can see that the interior has been pruned as well. The tops of those fence posts are just under 6 ft. Note the two layers of netting for support.

PXL 20210911 015246980
PXL 20210911 015249700
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
West of Portland, it’s setting in early!
Damn caterpillars!!
Pm starting kicking in 2 weeks ago
2614C6D1 E81D 4C71 8BF4 145EB2330386

Latest posts

Top Bottom