OldManRiver's 2021 PNW Outdoor Girls - White Widow and Blue Dream

• Thread starter OldManRiver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
You need to look into BT for the caterpillars. And actinovate is effective against powdery mildew. Both are biologicals, bacteria based, that are completely safe for people and animals.
Thanks for the advice bro:)

3 balls

3 balls

West of Portland, it’s setting in early!
Damn caterpillars!!
Pm starting kicking in 2 weeks ago
View attachment 1167385
That's a lot closer to what I imagine my results would be. It really seems like in our climate, even old Ed Rosenthal would need a whole lot of luck to produce something worth smoking.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

That's a lot closer to what I imagine my results would be. It really seems like in our climate, even old Ed Rosenthal would need a whole lot of luck to produce something worth smoking.
I suspect my micro-climate is better. Than yours. I have no problem getting great weed. A lot of it is about strain selection.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I suspect that it’s a little more than just a micro climate. I suspect you’ve done your research, made and learned from your mistakes, and learned to walk hand-in-hand with mother nature in your area, instead of fighting her! You’ve put in the work to become skillful and now can almost trust your gut to tell you what to do. But, beware,She is just waiting for you to get too cocky! Lol! Same as it ever was!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
8DD6D412 513C 4331 818F 06C44728FC09
And yes, we’ve been around long enough to see a few changes. Lol! What a long strange trip it’s been!

starfieldsb

starfieldsb

Fourth of July update. They are a little disheveled due to me just putting the netting on.

View attachment 1142696

View attachment 1142695
These are so beautiful....what does the netting do? Just starting to learn how to proceed next time, as my two lovelies, first time grower, ended up with bud rot and had to let it all go. I live on the central coast of CA and we get a lot of morning fog, didn't realize how deadly that could be for my fat and dense buds.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

These are so beautiful....what does the netting do? Just starting to learn how to proceed next time, as my two lovelies, first time grower, ended up with bud rot and had to let it all go. I live on the central coast of CA and we get a lot of morning fog, didn't realize how deadly that could be for my fat and dense buds.
The netting supports the plants as they get large. See later pictures

Madmax

Madmax

How did your girls go toward the end mate.did you get them in in time..how was the yield and smoke..

Cheers max..

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

How did your girls go toward the end mate.did you get them in in time..how was the yield and smoke..

Cheers max..
Ended up with a little over 5 lb, which is still curing. Lost about a pound to bud rot. The bud rot hit the White Widow much harder than the Blue Dream. I could have salvaged half of that, but just wasn't motivated when I already had so much, since I just give it away to friends and family. I still have what could end up being 1/2 lb on the BLue Dream, just to see how it matures out, for interest. Initial results of the smoke are great, good taste, good potency. Not going to set any high water marks for THC %, but a single small bowl does the needful, just like it always does. Based on comparable samples from the stores here, I'd guess 15 to 18%.

Madmax

Madmax

No good mate but im glad the majority was good.That mold has caught me out only few times but not like you have had it..my climates usually really good here and in all honesty ive only had it less than a handful in 30 yrs and they are very recent.the climate here i think has changed a little of late and getting more rain now for longer without the wind to help dry them out.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

No good mate but im glad the majority was good.That mold has caught me out only few times but not like you have had it..my climates usually really good here and in all honesty ive only had it less than a handful in 30 yrs and they are very recent.the climate here i think has changed a little of late and getting more rain now for longer without the wind to help dry them out.
Yeah, our fall here in the Pacific Northwest got cold and wet right at the end. It's always a race against bud rot here. Strain selection is important, as is a little luck with the weather. It's all good, since weed is really just like tomatoes to me anymore: something I grow for enjoyment and to give to give to friends.

Latest posts

Top Bottom