olivias cloning gel,still good

• Thread starter kindindy123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kindindy123

hey guys, i have lost my last to batches of clones,i use only 3 meth aeroponic,dwc,rockwool plugs,now the gel i am using is about a year old,dipped hundreds of clones that were fine,but the bad thing i think i did was dipping the stems right in the bottle of gel and swirl around,since these failers i have checked every thing and besides the bottle of gel,everything is positively sterylized,ther are parts of plant matter in the gel,is this ok,anybody else have prob like this,i did not think clone gel goes bad,could be wrong. I know long post over stupid thing toss gel!!!! any info would be great thanks guys&gals

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Yo, i think you need to change that rooting gel, usually 6-9 months then i chuck it in the bin. Also when taking your cutting put a small amount of gel in a shot glasss and make your cuttings from that rather than the whole bottle.. Things will stay sterile using this system,,

Hope this helps.

G81

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

I'd grab another bottle and not dip directly into the container.

J

jdubz206

i've done the same thing with a different gel and it looked like a petri dish...toss it. grab a plastic spoon and take a bit out each time you take cuts rather than dipping directly in the gel.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Never dip cuts into the bottle of gel this is a mess waiting to happen with disease . Try using a shot glass and pour your gel into it and only put what you think you will need so you don't waste a bunch . Also never pour what's left back into the bottle .

T

twisted metal

Never dip cuts into the bottle of gel this is a mess waiting to happen with disease . Try using a shot glass and pour your gel into it and only put what you think you will need so you don't waste a bunch . Also never pour what's left back into the bottle .

Listen, cause he hit it dead on.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
zoo couldnt of put it any better

K

kindindy123

nice input

thanks guys, funning thing is i am usualy on top of any bacteria,sterellization, prosedures,just slipped by me,little burnt.

G

greenthumb

wilkos generic rooting powder about 99p and so far much better results than clonex at a tenth of the price!

Latest posts

Top Bottom