Omega Genetix Silver thiosulfate spray for fem seeds.

• Thread starter Dtraderbudz23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dtraderbudz23

Anyone used this product that can verify its quality? I don't trust reviews on Amazon as most of them are fake.

D

Dtraderbudz23

Also how does the genetics work? If I use pollen from a shaman strain and pollinate a chartlottes strain does it then become a mix of the two or what?

mjab702

mjab702

Currently using it . it does work and you get a bunch of swag with your order. You wont be disappointed. Keep it stored in a paper bag in the fridge.

D

Dtraderbudz23

Currently using it . it does work and you get a bunch of swag with your order. You wont be disappointed. Keep it stored in a paper bag in the fridge.
Do you really have to spray this stuff 3 times a day? Seems like a ploy just to make you use it up .. Do you happen to know if you need to use the same 2 strains to gather pollen and pollinate? Or can I use pollen from one strain to fem seeds on another strain without crossing?

D

Dtraderbudz23

thanks for the responses. I will be giving this a try in the future and will post my findings.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Every 3 days, and I believe you would be crossing that plant with the other
Huh? I sprayed one branch every 3 days for couple weeks then dipped got some male flowers and pollinated another branch of the same plant - worked for me ?

Treecutter

Treecutter

I haven't bought any labled brand in the last 4 years. There was so much junk on the market I just made my own. Got some colloidal silver one time claiming to be 1100 ppm. Tested it 800ppm. Didnt matter how I f diluted it or if I used it full strength, never worked. Pre-made STS was way too expensive for a very small amount and never got a big volume of pollen.

I rarely do one branch. I hit an entire plant once a day for the first week with pretty strong Sts then dilute it and do once every other day for 3 weeks. But I want pollen to save for other crosses and I make sure I seed the entire plant. I'll average 3000 seeds on an auto and I keep the photo clones about the same size as autos and get about the same amount.

Making your own sts is a little trial and error due to the quality of the chemicals. If bought silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate from different companies all claimed 99.9%. Tried with same dilution and mix rates on the same strains and got different results "Nuked" some girls. But the cost of the chems and the amount you can make compared to buying pre-made, allows you to dial it in and have enough for years worth of breeding.

If your doing a whole plant or you have more than one plant in a tent there are some precautions you want to take. Dont wet it to the point its running into your soil, cover your soil so none gets in it. Take the plant out of the tent to spray it if you are doing a cross with another plant. If your spraying one plant and you get over spray on another plant you'll end up with pollen floating around from two different strains if you miss seeing the pollen flowers development on the wrong plant.

Your F1 will have similar genetics your F2 will have alot more passive genetics. I use the F2 through F5 to select my pairs trying to match up 2 different phenos. Usually get what I want by then and start back crossing if I think I need it. Jeff @ Dragon Flame genetics has done this and makes both phenos of his dragon stash available in one combo pack.

Photos to autos takes at least 5 crosses to get all auto seeds. I attempt to start pheno hunting in those crosses but you realy don't narrow it down till the 8th or 9th cross.

This is all just from my experience and the way I do it. There's probably others that have a better way for them but this is what works for me. Hope that helps.

20220303 122859
20220303 122847
20220411 115215
20220421 155730
D

Dtraderbudz23

I haven't bought any labled brand in the last 4 years. There was so much junk on the market I just made my own. Got some colloidal silver one time claiming to be 1100 ppm. Tested it 800ppm. Didnt matter how I f diluted it or if I used it full strength, never worked. Pre-made STS was way too expensive for a very small amount and never got a big volume of pollen.

I rarely do one branch. I hit an entire plant once a day for the first week with pretty strong Sts then dilute it and do once every other day for 3 weeks. But I want pollen to save for other crosses and I make sure I seed the entire plant. I'll average 3000 seeds on an auto and I keep the photo clones about the same size as autos and get about the same amount.

Making your own sts is a little trial and error due to the quality of the chemicals. If bought silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate from different companies all claimed 99.9%. Tried with same dilution and mix rates on the same strains and got different results "Nuked" some girls. But the cost of the chems and the amount you can make compared to buying pre-made, allows you to dial it in and have enough for years worth of breeding.

If your doing a whole plant or you have more than one plant in a tent there are some precautions you want to take. Dont wet it to the point its running into your soil, cover your soil so none gets in it. Take the plant out of the tent to spray it if you are doing a cross with another plant. If your spraying one plant and you get over spray on another plant you'll end up with pollen floating around from two different strains if you miss seeing the pollen flowers development on the wrong plant.

Your F1 will have similar genetics your F2 will have alot more passive genetics. I use the F2 through F5 to select my pairs trying to match up 2 different phenos. Usually get what I want by then and start back crossing if I think I need it. Jeff @ Dragon Flame genetics has done this and makes both phenos of his dragon stash available in one combo pack.

Photos to autos takes at least 5 crosses to get all auto seeds. I attempt to start pheno hunting in those crosses but you realy don't narrow it down till the 8th or 9th cross.

This is all just from my experience and the way I do it. There's probably others that have a better way for them but this is what works for me. Hope that helps.
Damn you got 3 thousand seeds from one run? Thats nuts. So if I for instance I am growing 3 female plants all the same strain. I spray 1 plant outside of the tent like you said, it develops pollen. I use said pollen on the other 2 (same strain) I will get the same strain out of the seeds essentially? Fem seeds of course. I am not a wealthy person but I want to grow good genetics. So I was going to put up like 200 bucks on 10 seeds from in house genetics and then try to just make my own fem seeds so I can sustain the strain without paying 200 bucks everytime I want to grow.

Top Bottom