Ommp Testing Results With Pyrethrin 4% Fogger

• Thread starter highland420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
highland420

highland420

A hydroponic store employee mentioned that testing results were reporting positive for pesticides with medicine testing results. Anyone have this happen to them when the pesticide was not used or with use prior to flower? Proof is better then opinion. Thank you.

Owlfarm

Owlfarm

I was wondering about this also, an employee at OG analytical lab mentioned to me that one growers herb came back positive for pyrethrins and he said he hadn't used the fogger for several months. She thought the pesticide residues might have hung around in ductwork or something... I've never used them so I have no experience.

Kendo

Kendo

The actual particulate will be present forever as far as I know since it is a solid . The active compound will have expired though.

Calixylon

Calixylon

This happned out here in Maine, The original Portland actually. A bunchs of employees whistleblew on some dispensary owner for using sketchy as shit. Which is a problem because theres only like 3 or 4 dispensarys in the area. Most of maine relies on caregivers and private grows. Stilll super sketchy, this shit always happens in states that have strict MMP. When theres huge access people arent forced to smoke shit and the cream always rises to the top. Thos shitty companies who use shitty buds and products go out of buisness.

http://www.pressherald.com/2013/09/06/pot-grower-wellness-connection-fined-18k-for-using-pesticides/

18,000 haha i dont think thats that much for them, lady looks like she sucks and would spray her plants, or at least tell workers to.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea the argument for their law is valid, i understand pest prevention, thats fine with organic or safe measures. I lived in Portland during this whole fiasco, the growers working for the dispensaries under question tried to tell the owners to use different methods. Some of the products they used were said to be not good for medical cannabis, think they were also advertising that they didnt use any pesticides.

I use neem oil, capsacium, and also tobacco in my outdoor garden to deter rabbits, deer, and whatever other critter eats green leafy things. But, id use all three of those in my garden without fear of bad things in my plants.

But these owners used some nasty shit Pyrethrin included, and all under the assumption it was quality whihc is not very cool. Sorry to hijack this thread, way off topic my bad.

Not heard of that, but ive heard of pollen in venting and fans seeding crops, so i could imagine pesticides espeicially if they are powder remaining in the vents and potentially ending up on flowers down the line.

indicabush

indicabush

Pyrethrin is used in Dog and Cat Tick and Flea Sprays....I use it on my pets soooo, I imagine that some of it gets on my plants due to my cats sleeping in my grow areas. It is used in food mills and food service establishments to control insects. Yeah, harmful if swallowed I imagine :D

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Pyrethrin is used in Dog and Cat Tick and Flea Sprays....I use it on my pets soooo, I imagine that some of it gets on my plants due to my cats sleeping in my grow areas. It is used in food mills and food service establishments to control insects. Yeah, harmful if swallowed I imagine :D
You know... I think you're really onto something there. It may be pervasive and persistent in the environment. So then what are growers to do?

Luckydux

Luckydux

If it's concentrates that are failing testing, the latter part of this link gives a more likely scenario

Top Bottom