ONA (Odour Neutralizing Agent)

• Thread starter Macadoo125
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Macadoo125

Would putting a DIY oder neutralizing conatainer using ONA Odour Neutralizing Agent directly in a micro growroom adversly affect the grow or formation of the resin glands? Would the plan absorb any of these chemicals even though they are not ditrectly applied to it?
I could put it outside of the room but if there is no harm then might as well control the odor at the source.

O

ograskal

Would putting a DIY oder neutralizing conatainer using ONA Odour Neutralizing Agent directly in a micro growroom adversly affect the grow or formation of the resin glands? Would the plan absorb any of these chemicals even though they are not ditrectly applied to it?
I could put it outside of the room but if there is no harm then might as well control the odor at the source.

Hey wassup Bro.....I used to use ONA years ago but never directly inside my meddy cabbies....I always put them right near my exhaust before i bought My Carbon filters.....It worked to some extent but once your buds are full blown it really doesnt work for shit....Maybe for Micro grows it will work but i would suggest using a Carbon filter....Sorry i couldnt be much help...~ogr

G

Galactus

Invest in a carbon filter dude. It's not much money for total peace of mind.
I've never found anything else that controls the smell problem totally except a CF.

G

M

Macadoo125

OK, guess I'll do some research on setting up an exhaust fan with a carbon filter attached. Thanks for setting me straight.

C

Coughee Brotha

id say just have it on while the lights are on, ventilation 24/7 is usually a big deal, but i dont think it is in your situation. its all up to you really. maybe get a pc fan to vent while the lights arent on?

C

Coughee Brotha

by the way ona gel= big ass waste of money. or for me it did anyway.

A

adam

you can put ona liquid in a 5 gallon bucket with holes on the top mix in some soilmoist and some water with the ona put a fan blowing into the bucket the whole room will smell like linen or house cleaner depending on what smell you chose.shit works great and is far cheaper and easier than can-filters

J

jcap300

I use the crystals and have no problem wit just a cup in the bloom room.

K

KushyNutt

I agree...I have used it inside my room without any issues although I would have to say when your bud is ripe i have yet to see anything short of a carbon filter being of much use. The money you spend on an ona system is more than you would spend on a decent filter.

K

koopa troopa

i've always thought they would be good to use in conjuction with carbon as a "back-up" odor control except just have it near your grow room.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Works great in my veg are .Have not seen any negative affects in veg. Some peeps tried it during thier drying process and the Buds taste of fresh laundry smell. I dont use it during flower or around the flower room.

ROOT

E

Elbows19

The only time I use them is when I put some Af's in my aerogarden micro grow.. worked well when I grew out bluestreak.

G

grizz

if you cant afford a carbon scrubber get a vapor tec , the best masking oder controll out there, the good one cost around 200 bucks and the cartridge last around 2 months and they work and work well

S

Sirius

i've always thought they would be good to use in conjuction with carbon as a "back-up" odor control except just have it near your grow room.

i agree.. even my huge carbon filter doesnt scrub 100% of the smell... late into flowering on my main table i use some ona gel or some crystals w/50%water and 50%ona liquid...

hopefully i can find a spot out in the sticks... not too far away... where I wont have any close neighbors...

M

mr.red

I agree that using both a filter and one together would be good.

But ona smells of a freshly cleaned toilet IMO.

I would never place it actually in my grow room..

but around it in the general vicinity would work just fine

Latest posts

Top Bottom