Once you go coco... err. Help me design a small DTW coco system.

• Thread starter jguit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Progress.. No leaks! I'll replace the blue 1/4" hose with better stuff. Bubblers work fine too but i took them off for now so i dont get sprayed in the face again! PVC is easy to work with and is dirt cheap. Thanks guys for pushing me in the right direction.

IMG 7421
Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Progress.. No leaks! I'll replace the blue 1/4" hose with better stuff. Bubblers work fine too but i took them off for now so i dont get sprayed in the face again! PVC is easy to work with and is dirt cheap. Thanks guys for pushing me in the right direction.
That'll do it! Looks great. I'll be doing something very similar in a tent pretty soon except using a rainbird manifold. Might even splurge on a proper drain table.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
More progress. The original FloJet pump I spec'd out didn't have enough pressure to operate the bubblers correctly. I went with a SeaFlo pump and all appears to be working well. It's a pretty quiet pump too!

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Happy autumn! I hope everyone had a great summer.. I'm finally ready to get this new tent going! Life has been hectic for the past few months but i have some ladies to take some clones from. I grew out some of Frankster's Gorilla Glue (fem) and a few regular C99 from seed. Out of x4 C99, I wound up with 3 ladies and would like to try them all, so i'll be busy! I'll take clones from one of the GG's first.

You can pick out the 2 different strains immediately! The GG stalks are thick AF.

Looking forward to my first run with coco!

Ladies
PK1

PK1

Supporter
looks good. Im with you on the soil thing. lol, was fun to start with but hand watering gets old 😄 😄
i went from soil to dwc and now planning on doing rockwool thanks to @tobh and @Dirtbag
Different ball game now but allot faster

jguit

jguit

Supporter
looks good. Im with you on the soil thing. lol, was fun to start with but hand watering gets old 😄 😄
i went from soil to dwc and now planning on doing rockwool thanks to @tobh and @Dirtbag
Different ball game now but allot faster
Thanks! I grew in DWC buckets over a decade ago and they worked extremely well but were too noisy and were a bit of work. When i got back into growing i spent most of it in ProMix and you are 100% correct, hand watering is for the f'in birds! 😄

So far DTW (coco in my case) almost feels like cheating. I'm sure DTW rockwool slabs are no different. I might give them a try at some point. @Dirtbag 's grows are inspiring, to say the least.

It's nice to only fill up a reservoir somewhat infrequently. Great for the lazy grower!

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Thanks! I grew in DWC buckets over a decade ago and they worked extremely well but were too noisy and were a bit of work. When i got back into growing i spent most of it in ProMix and you are 100% correct, hand watering is for the f'in birds! 😄

So far DTW (coco in my case) almost feels like cheating. I'm sure DTW rockwool slabs are no different. I might give them a try at some point. @Dirtbag 's grows are inspiring, to say the least.

It's nice to only fill up a reservoir somewhat infrequently. Great for the lazy grower!
all the points above are 100% accurate haha

when i first got back into growing a couple years ago, i went with promix because i wasn't looking to automate or anything at that point. just wanted a small personal setup. mid flower having to water those bitches three times a day was enough for me to say fuck this and built a recirculating system. that was fun, and i still prefer a recirculating system, but it was too prone to a lot of other issues given the only way RDWC (or similar) really works effectively is at a scale larger than a 4x4 tent.

now i'm also on slabs like @Dirtbag, and fuckin love it. used to do DTW coco religiously about a decade ago and i simply won't go back to any media that looks brown and is able to be spilled/dug up/get all over the place. keep the dirt outside is where i'm at. also in the church of hand watering is for the damn birds.

K

KCC

I always use a y filter, even for naked lines. Those octabubbler manifolds can plug up. Personally, I'd put a filter after the pump.

Only other consideration is 1" line is excessive. I only use 3/4" in my 8x8 room with 24 irrigation sites and its even overkill there.
You'll end up with a lot of solution left in the pipe, or backflowing back into the res, which isn't a catastrophe, but the less solution trapped or backwashing into the res the better imho.
Hi, I am not growing Cannbis but roses and use 14-15 Jain octabubblers for drip. Out of the 8 drip lines from each octabubbler, no water is discharged from at least 1 or 2 drip lines. Do you have any suggestion on how to fix this? All octabubblers are brand new. Thanks in advance.
FC9C1339 EC8C 4D19 9F78 DFB7DB38498D
EEC6CEEA 925F 476E AC5A FCA218194A3C
2F9FED07 9C15 4342 B74B 5F478C7E03A5

K

KCC

The water source is city water and I am not using any pump. It has a timer.

Top Bottom