One Last Top On Flip Day To Control Stretch?

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

Howdy Farm,

I have lowish ceilings and to much conscience to use PGR's. I've read about the practice on here before but cant find it. I'm sure some strains would react better than others but...

Anybody care to chime in on their experiences?🤔

Stay safe 😷

beluga

beluga

There are probably people who can offer you better advice than I can, but my experience...

Topped the very top nodes and supercropped these Nov 3 (Day 3 of flowering):
20201103_174109-jpg.1051746

And here they are yesterday:
dsc_1606-jpg.1056468

I know it's kind of hard to really see scale, but if you judge it by the green reservoir they're in, you can kind of get an idea.
This is supposed to be Trainwreck.. so, a sativa-dominant hybrid.
I'd say it has only slightly kept it from stretching... if I were limited any more in tent height, it probably would outgrow my space.
So, I guess what I'm getting at is..
yeah, it'll somewhat keep a sativa-dominant strain from stretching, and
yeah, they will recover enough to still be a hearty plant.
So, if you are really height-restricted, it's likely okay to lop off a fair amount.

Sorry for the vagueness there. I don't want to skew you the wrong way. Just my limited experience so far.

beluga

beluga

My experience is topping just before flipping delays flower and reduces yield a lot. I wait at least a week after last topping to flip.
I wonder if it is a six of one, half dozen of another between outgrowing your space vs topping.
Also, which strains have you experienced this with?
I'd think shorter flowering indicas would see more reduction as compared to longer flowering sativas.
Personally, I've outgrown my space before and it's very diminishing.
Not to mention quite upsetting to have your main colas not be the prized baseball bats that they can be.

I'm only inquiring to inform myself... not to be uppity.

3 balls

3 balls

Conventional wisdom dictates it's not ideal but I think I'll pinch a few and report back.

Stay safe 😷

Top Bottom