One Man’s Trash is Another Man’s Treasure

• Thread starter KingHale
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingHale

KingHale

The biggest design flaw of my second grow was my inability to water clones to runoff or flush, so I’ve been working on this design in my head for months. Today was the day I decided to make it happen. Thankfully, I had everything that I needed just sitting around, waiting to be used. I’d estimate that this project can be completed for under $100 (not including the “plant stand” that fully spins around inside of what I’m calling my “runoff recycling fountain”. The last step is to install a pump in the 5 gallon bucket that recirculates water around the system if I want to. I’m not sure if it’s even a good idea to recirculate runoff water to potted plants in soil but if they were in saucers it would be worse. Worst case scenario I may ditch the recirculating pump and simply use it to catch the runoff when I water or flush my clones. Designed to fit perfectly inside of a 4x4 tent. 1 plant, 26 clones, and I believe I’m guaranteed to need extra CO2 to support that many plants in a small area. Does anyone have any thoughts, suggestions, complaints or general knowledge they’d like to impart based on these ideas? I’d love to hear feedback on what I’m not considering. Thanks everyone, happy weekend!

One mans trash is another mans treasure
One mans trash is another mans treasure 2
One mans trash is another mans treasure 3
One mans trash is another mans treasure 4
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Don't recycle runoff, bad idea. Coco has a lot of soot and the fertilizer becomes useless after it's been used by the plant and then washed away with the new fertilizer.

chemistry

chemistry

When I grew in coco I used stiff mesh over a five gallon bucket to flush my plants, then just tip the water.

KingHale

KingHale

Good advice. I realized last night that I wasn’t going to recycle runoff water. I might pump rainwater through the system if I notice the galvalum heating up under the light. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom