One of the best saves, ever!

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I'm talking 90% destroyed, but bounced back in virtually 2-3 days, unbelievable. I've done this several times over the years, but this was probably my best save to date.

This plant was one of two that I busted badly, (probably one of the worse ever, without making 100% clean break) as I was doing my usual highly aggressive training techniques. If I get them too early, or when the internoding is still a bit too tight, and they haven't developed enough stem strength, this tends to happen.... It's inevitable, but can be reduced by giving micro's, SiO2...

Look closely at the break, to see how sever it was...
I immediately took the plant, secured it, then sprayed it lightly with my foliar moisture barrier, and kept spraying it about 2x daily for the past 2-3 days.... It was so bad, I was concerned about the weight of the water on the leaves, so sprayed really fine mist.... Then set her above on the shelf, out of the light for the duration, and amazingly, she's sprung back COMPLETELY.

I've got a few turned leaves, but AMAZINGLY, nothing died. This plant is going to be a producer, I can see it already, and this trauma is going to make her far stronger, not weaker. Note the moistness of the plant, it's completely dry, but still retains much of it's moisture from my very effective foliar spray, you can literally see it on the leaves.

I don't think this plant would have made it not for being taken out of circulation, (removed from light) and the moisture treatments. But she was just put back under the lights today, so it will be interesting how things go from here.

One of the best saves ever
One of the best saves ever 2
One of the best saves ever 3
One of the best saves ever 4
One of the best saves ever 5
One of the best saves ever 6
Moshmen

Moshmen

I'm talking 90% destroyed, but bounced back in virtually 2-3 days, unbelievable. I've done this several times over the years, but this was probably my best save to date.

This plant was one of two that I busted badly, (probably one of the worse ever, without making 100% clean break) as I was doing my usual highly aggressive training techniques. If I get them too early, or when the internoding is still a bit too tight, and they haven't developed enough stem strength, this tends to happen.... It's inevitable, but can be reduced by giving micro's, SiO2...

I immediately took the plant, secured it, then sprayed it lightly with my foliar moisture barrier, and kept spraying it about 2x daily for the past 2-3 days.... It was so bad, I was concerned about the weight of the water on the leaves, so sprayed really fine mist.... Then set her above on the shelf, out of the light for the duration, and amazingly, she's sprung back COMPLETELY.

I've got a few turned leaves, but AMAZINGLY, nothing died. This plant is going to be a producer, I can see it already, and this trauma is going to make her far stronger, not weaker. Note the moistness of the plant, it's completely dry, but still retains much of it's moisture from my very effective foliar spray, you can literally see it on the leaves.

I don't think this plant would have made it not for being taken out of circulation, (removed from light) and the moisture treatments. But she was just put back under the lights today, so it will be interesting how things go from here.
Do t know ur own strength?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks Od, I had to look that one up.
You must be getting right into the middle of harvest season down under, about now.
Yes all chopped hung n curing only a small run but some very nice phenos I have to try , and no midnight rippers around I'm guessing vivid has made every one a indoor grower down here . Od .

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Do t know ur own strength?

Yea, I'm always like FUCK!!! Then running around like a maniac looking for tape, and don't get the woman started, or asking me questions after this happens. I go ballistic. It's an EMERGENCY! lol, must be my medical training kicking in, plus a little ptsd.

CALL MEDIVAC, STAT! or maybe smoke a joint, chill and think about my options for a min. Which is the correct course of action... think, think...

Last edited:
OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

Od what is a vivid?
Yes all chopped hung n curing only a small run but some very nice phenos I have to try , and no midnight rippers around I'm guessing vivid has made every one a indoor grower down here . Od .

Moshmen

Moshmen

Don’t u have a big dog to chase the rippers? I thought I’ve seen a pretty pup in thread ?

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

that looks like one of my trips and falls into the tent,dam the luck i have!

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

The doctor is in! Great save, thanks for sharing how you did it!

Top Bottom