One Plant Has Shrinking Calyx’s

• Thread starter freezeland2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

Tonight when emptying my dehumidifier I noticed the calyx’s on one of my plants are shrinking. The pistils are all retracted and I am just waiting for the last of clear trichomes to cloud up before I cut her. I am not seeing amber trichomes but being a Sativa I wouldn’t want those for the most part anyway. I don’t ever recall having calyx shrink like this. Kinda look like letting the air out of a tire, lol.

Anyone seen this before?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
End of life, plant stopped drinking maybe or that bud is sick and the plant is discarding it.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I'm clueless 😐
Maybe hardening up? They were nice and swollen, as the pistils retracted they deflated for a lack of better words. She smells great. I could probably selectively harvest a number of buds off that plant. Was going to do that yesterday actually but decided to give it another week but then noticed the calyx’s have started shrinking where the pistils have fully retracted. I’m worried about letting her go to long but there are zero amber trichs thus far. It is a Sativa though and probably will be best with mostly cloudy trichs.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
To be honest, by that description it sounds like it is just finishing up, lack of Amber trichomes isn't all that unusual, after curing you'll probably still get a good stone anyway.

Top Bottom