One plant taller than other

• Thread starter Jsimp342
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jsimp342

Hey everyone I got one plant way taller than the other should I top it or anything to let other one catch up?

One plant taller than other
NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

They look to have genetic or phenotypical differences, I don't think one is waiting to catch up. Are you familiar with supercropping? That's what I would do to the tall one in order to maintain an even canopy, if that's what you are looking for. Are they flowering or still in veg?

Observationist

Observationist

yup, id cut top off and bend her down.

you can do one or the other, or both methods.

J

Jsimp342

They look to have genetic or phenotypical differences, I don't think one is waiting to catch up. Are you familiar with supercropping? That's what I would do to the tall one in order to maintain an even canopy, if that's what you are looking for. Are they flowering or still in veg?
Still in veg should switch over soon, I can look into super cropping

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

You pinch the stem where you want a bend, work it between your fingers gently to soften the stem and make it more pliable. Then gently bend it over trying to not break the skin. You end up with a right angle and the plant will grow upwards off that new horizontal stem. Best to try this a day after you water so the stems are juicy. Some guys just snap the stems quickly, I think it's best to be gentle and try to keep the skin intact.

J

Jsimp342

So it didn’t bend as well as I hoped it cracked a very little on bottom fold, think she’ll be alright? Going to give a nice water with some nitrogen tonight

24687239 6087 4409 9B92 94B6E3BC57D4
E52B2743 886D 4B79 9430 93040CCCE903
603258FB EFF4 4540 9840 71CBF008BD8E
312942FA D136 4A91 9200 F5A1F794EA30
Heywood

Heywood

That is done perfectly fine.
The plant will now repair that and make a nice little knuckle there.
If you didn't loosen up that tissue by pinching it several times first where you wanted it to bend, keep it in mind to do it the next time you supercrop.

Observationist

Observationist

If you didn't loosen up that tissue by pinching it several times first where you wanted it to bend, keep it in mind to do it the next time you supercrop.

Nice tip, thanks.

J

Jsimp342

I did pinch glad or else it would have just snapped

Latest posts

Top Bottom