One Strange Bud

• Thread starter OldManRiver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I have four plants still in the ground, all White Widows. This morning, one bud on one plant has developed some purple leaves. Anyone know what this might be? No other buds have it. The plant is otherwise healthy and strong.

The plants have not been fed in two weeks, preparatory to harvest. Before that, I used Botanicare Bloom weekly. If its just a deficiency, I'm not too worried; these plants are gonna be chopped in about a week. But is it mold? It doesn't look like mold I have seen before. Anyways, would love some thoughts.

Sickbud
showmegreen

showmegreen

Sugars stuck in leaves due to cool temps and Maybe a flux in ph along with it? Let it roll...

Enforcer

Enforcer

I agree, colder night temps will turn stuff colors. Those who buy fancy genetics that turn all kinds of colors and grow outdoors hope for colder temps close to harvest, so they get those pretty colors.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I agree, colder night temps will turn stuff colors. Those who buy fancy genetics that turn all kinds of colors and grow outdoors hope for colder temps close to harvest, so they get those pretty colors.
Then I should be in for a treat, because the weather is projected to be cool and clear for another week, when I intend to harvest. Thanks for the info. Here comes the Purple White Widow, $600/oz. :-D

Enforcer

Enforcer

Then I should be in for a treat, because the weather is projected to be cool and clear for another week, when I intend to harvest. Thanks for the info. Here comes the Purple White Widow, $600/oz. :-D
I’m sure you know this, but I’m going to say it anyways just to be sure, with a clear night sky watch out for morning frost. They get hit with freezing temps it’s game over.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I’m sure you know this, but I’m going to say it anyways just to be sure, with a clear night sky watch out for morning frost. They get hit with freezing temps it’s game over.
Lows are projected to be 42* F. But thanks for the reminder.

showmegreen

showmegreen

600!? Well enjoy!!!! Yeah no frost but stress is good that late in the game as long as it isn't inhabilitating. Stress is GOoodahaaaa!!! White widow is good purple too!!!

Enforcer

Enforcer

Are you saying this from experience?
I have often shaken snow off of plants, and they seem not to notice as all.
My own, no. I’ve never left plants outdoors that long. However, it’s common knowledge that freezing temps cause water to solidify into ice crystals. Plants are full of water. Ice crystals will puncher cell walls, killing the plant. That’s why if a plant freezes and then thaws, it turns to mush. I’m sorry you were unfortunate enough to need to shake show off your plants, and I’m glad they survived. I would suspect that even though they had snow on them, they didn’t actually “freeze”. Then again, I may be mistaken. But I’m not leaving my plants outside long enough to find out.....from experience.

Dunge

Dunge

My own, no. I’ve never left plants outdoors that long. However, it’s common knowledge that freezing temps cause water to solidify into ice crystals. Plants are full of water. Ice crystals will puncher cell walls, killing the plant. That’s why if a plant freezes and then thaws, it turns to mush. I’m sorry you were unfortunate enough to need to shake show off your plants, and I’m glad they survived. I would suspect that even though they had snow on them, they didn’t actually “freeze”. Then again, I may be mistaken. But I’m not leaving my plants outside long enough to find out.....from experience.
I use the same model as you regarding the "mode of action" of freezing on cell structure.
But when one allows for super cooled water, the ice never forms.
Ice suppression is common in nature and can protect to surprising levels of cold.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I use the same model as you regarding the "mode of action" of freezing on cell structure.
But when one allows for super cooled water, the ice never forms.
Ice suppression is common in nature and can protect to surprising levels of cold.
Agreed. However, I was speaking in general terms. And I think we can both agree that we want to avoid our plants freezing if at all possible. To avoid a more than likely game over scenario.

showmegreen

showmegreen

Yer both right! Stress is good! Stress is bad! It reminds us how to live. It reminds us how to die. Immortality or reproduction?! The fine line in between!
But!....
White Widow is GOOD!
And a new definition to the term, Frosty Buds!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom