Only three blades after four weeks

• Thread starter Richudlen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Richudlen

Richudlen

Hello! My White Widow autoflower looks really healthy but I only have three blades. Shouldn’t I have five blades by now? Should I be concerned?

It seems very healthy and pistols are coming in nicely.

It is four weeks old.

Thanks!
Only three blades after four weeks
Only three blades after four weeks 2
Only three blades after four weeks 3

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Looks like it got shocked into early flower. You probably won't get much.
Auto plants don't like being moved around in fabric pots.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Shocked into flower yes , but I move mine around everyday, transplant at least once sometimes twice no problems but ur right not gonna be much but at least it’s something!

Richudlen

Richudlen

Thanks for the info. I thought I read fabric pots were better. Why are they bad?

What would cause the shock?

I planted the seed using Pure Coconut Coir Netted Seed Starting Pellet and put it directly into Fox Farms Ocean Soil. No nutrients until week 3...and it was a light dose.

I do move the plant around to the sunniest spot available (mostly outside from 12-6pm) and under light bulbs in the house from 6-11:00pm. Dark until next morning.

Richudlen

Richudlen

Shocked into flower yes , but I move mine around everyday, transplant at least once sometimes twice no problems but ur right not gonna be much but at least it’s something!

any thoughts to my reply to the first comment? Very frustrating.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Auto plants don't like the roots disturbed at all. The movement of the pot and media can break or stress the root system and cause it to stunt.
Autos are best in solid pots if you're gonna move them.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I have the same problem, I had three of them. I just culled two and one is probably gonna yield a doobie. I didn't even move mine much but I used seed starter plugs to start the seed and then stuck it in straight coco and didn't rip the net. The roots never made it through the starter plug.
I'm done with autos, too finicky.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Three fingers suggests stress around flowering and often an attempted reveg, but that makes no sense since it's an auto. This reminds me of when @MHippie had his photos behave like autos and just start flowering early after he had a shock with drastically low pH well water.

It may be that the ocean forest was too rich for the little roots and so they never got very established and so got shocked easily when you had an off pH watering or something. Just spitballing here. Very frustrating though, because those leaves look great. I think she just never quite got her feet under her roots wise and was also shocked into early flower by some event or series of events at the root level. I guess the jostling is a possible culprit but man idk, I move my plants around in their fabric pots plenty and it's fine.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Three fingers suggests stress around flowering and often an attempted reveg, but that makes no sense since it's an auto. This reminds me of when @MHippie had his photos behave like autos and just start flowering early after he had a shock with drastically low pH well water.

It may be that the ocean forest was too rich for the little roots and so they never got very established and so got shocked easily when you had an off pH watering or something. Just spitballing here. Very frustrating though, because those leaves look great. I think she just never quite got her feet under her roots wise and was also shocked into early flower by some event or series of events at the root level. I guess the jostling is a possible culprit but man idk, I move my plants around in their fabric pots plenty and it's fine.
F1/f2 auto totally possible in my experience

Richudlen

Richudlen

F1/f2 auto totally possible in my experience

I grew six good plants over the summer in the same fabric bags and moved them all the time with no problems.

Here is a pic of my AK plant. Same exact seed starter pod, soil, and watering. Nothing different. Looks amazing too! (Knock on wood)

E5C70EBE A887 4D30 AB41 6FD87B37FCDA
973ECF6B C0BB 4BBF BEAF A031F9F32460

Richudlen

Richudlen

she gets how much light in total ?
Why do you change all the time between sunlight and artificial light ?

Weather is not ideal to leave it outside at night. Temp at low 50’s at night.

I put them by the window early in the morning because it gets the best sunlight. Front of the house.

Around 1:00pm I put it outside where there is good sun in the back yard.

Bring them back in the house and put under lamps around 6:00-7 as it gets darker and colder.

Stay under lamps until bedtime. Around 10:00pm.

Dark from 10:00 pm to 8:00am.

FFM

FFM

Ah ok, she is getting 14 hours light. I would give her, if possible 18 hours light. ( Autoflower strain)
But she is looking nice and healthy.

Richudlen

Richudlen

Ah ok, she is getting 14 hours light. I would give her, if possible 18 hours light. ( Autoflower strain)
But she is looking nice and healthy.

Thank you for your feedback!

Top Bottom