Oops! Broke a bud. What do I do now?

• Thread starter CannaDana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaDana

CannaDana

Bummer! Trying to water the plants today, I accidently broke the branch on a minor cola under the canopy. Too broken to tape back together, so I had to take it. The poor baby was just 6 weeks old. 😢

IMG_0596.jpg
Image1

So now I have a conundrum. What do you recommend I do now? Dry it for 5-10 days? Stick it in the oven on low and dry it out quickly and choke it down tonight? What is the go-to thing to do with accidental bud breakage?

Last edited:
josefrahl

josefrahl

I've done it once as well. I just dried mine normally, trimmed off any leaves w/o trichomes, then tossed it into my larf jar to make edibles/oil with later

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Sticking it in the oven on low is never the answer, unless you have no weed and haven't had any for at least a few days.

F

frogyrogy

I've never tried with a bud, but a male branch with balls formed, cut early will continue to mature until it releases pollen when placed in a glass of water. Never thought about it but maybe a bud that far along could ripen the same way. Likely been too long for that one, just a thought for future accidents and experiments.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

If you want to smoke it, throw it in a paper bag and put it in a box or another bag. Leave it for a few days then check it daily. My early samples usually dry in 7-8 days that way.

Top Bottom