Oopsie! Police slash research hemp instead of pot

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Oopsie! Police slash research hemp instead of pot

(AP) – 1 day ago

THE HAGUE, Netherlands — Dutch police who mowed down what they thought were illicit marijuana plants were red-faced Thursday when it emerged they'd ruined a research group's giant, officially sanctioned field of harmless hemp.

Police proudly announced Wednesday that they'd found more than 47,000 cannabis plants, with an estimated street value of nearly euro4.5 million ($6.45 million) concealed in a corn field in the Flevoland province east of Amsterdam.

They mowed down half the plants only to be informed they were the property of Wageningen University and Research Center, a respected agricultural school.

The field contained a new strain of hemp that researchers hope can be a sustainable source of fiber, Simon Vink, a spokesman for the executive board of Wageningen University and Research Center, said Thursday.

Hemp plants are related to marijuana but have only trace elements of THC, the mind-altering chemical that cannabis contains.

"The street value from a drug point of view is less than zero," Vink said.

G

guineapig

If more people read stories like this, they might finally realize how important the research of cannabis is to the scientific/agricultural community.....instead, the only headlines you ever see try to link cannabis smoking with bad things.....

and yes i agree, the police should pay for all that wasted grant money.....i wonder if it was privately-funded research or a government grant.....

:flower flower power from guineapig :flower

H

halopros10

My only comment is Wow, you would think that these "professionals" could tell the diffrence between a crop of females and a crop of males.

May not be that obvious if they havent started flowering but still there supposed to be Pros, maby they should hire some of the senior staff here to ID the strain and sex. At least that way they wouldent look like COMPLETE dumb asses, claiming a value that is just as much BS as there police work. LOL

S

scuba steve

The leo's say that pre tendica is worth millions!!!Precious!!!Shows just how lame they are and can be!!!They need to pay back and should have to re plant the field!!

L

linkage4200

Hell even new growers are smarter than them. It goes to show how prepared they get before the big raids. To think that they give these people power over our lives not to mention they get guns. I can see them getting ready in my mind, Hey Sgt. What are we doing today? I dont know just grab your gun and shoot anything that moves when we get there. Cops make me :puke
In my opinion cops should be better at there jobs when they are playing with our lives.

JH420

JH420

The leo's say that pre tendica is worth millions!!!Precious!!!Shows just how lame they are and can be!!!They need to pay back and should have to re plant the field!!

Pay back with what money? It will just be taxpayers money anyhow.

R

Rolln J

ha ha - must have been a lot of hard work cutting down all that HEMP

:harvest: :mad0223:

S

Simple Simon

Looks like cops are the same around the world with there "hooray for me and f__k you" attitude. I'm glad they got a blister on there asses. They always rush to judge and never apologize unless they are cornered. But then again the world would be a hard place to live in with out them. I just wish they would be more careful and respect peoples rights.-----SS

G

grapeape

isn't it awesome when cops get hard ons from that shit. then they find out that piggie pie made a terrible mistake. gotta love your tax dollars at work..lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom