open air, or air-cooled hood

• Thread starter St3ve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
St3ve

St3ve

I currently use hydrofarm aircooled hoods for my 1k's. I don't have the glass in it and have a 465 cfm fan that pulls the air through the hood the expels it out of the room. I also have another fan that just pulls air out of the room at about 180cfm through a carbon filter.

Well I'm thinking by looking at the design of this hood that its restricting alot of air flow. I was thinking of ditching these aircooled hoods for regular hoods and then just putting a carbon filter on the ceiling above it to suck up the hot air as its rising.

However without buying it and trying it, I'm not sure if i'm going to have more of a problem with heat or not. It seems on paper that I will have MORE air running through the room.. but I just don't know how it compares to having the hood heat sucked right out of the room.

Does anyone have this experience between the two? TIA

M

Mmmmasonite

Well if you stop air cooling your hoods you will need an a/c otherwise, with summer coming up, it will be way too hot....Can you put glass in the hoods you have? Cuz...that way cools them better...

St3ve

St3ve

actually I didn't give enough information. I was going to ad an inline carbon filter and was worried that the new filter would slow down the airflow too much making it too hot. As of now its JUST right, but that will push it over.

However, your thought about the glass was a good one. I should just try that first anyway bc if it works then I won't have to buy another carbon filter after all. Thanks mang..

M

Mmmmasonite

actually I didn't give enough information. I was going to ad an inline carbon filter and was worried that the new filter would slow down the airflow too much making it too hot. As of now its JUST right, but that will push it over.

However, your thought about the glass was a good one. I should just try that first anyway bc if it works then I won't have to buy another carbon filter after all. Thanks mang..

yeah man ...no worries.....I have been thinkin about just running a closed room with ac, dehumidifier,co2 and parabolic hoods....It would be oh so quiet

stickyicky

stickyicky

I currently use hydrofarm aircooled hoods for my 1k's.

I don't have the glass in it and have a 465 cfm fan that pulls the air through the hood the expels it out of the room.

Put the glass back in. Pull from outside of room thru hoods and back outside. Smell should'nt be to bad if hoods have good seal. Install carbon filtered fan with high cfm that just pulls air out of the room.

Good Luck

S

skatwill1227

I agree with above post, but its always a nice asset to have a window AC or portable ac to keep your temps in check regardless of the outside climate.

Top Bottom