Open carry gun law and exercising your rights

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good hidden camera work. He sounds very calm, too, which is important.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Seems like a way to ask for trouble, Why give them a reason? I would think these police officers would be on the look out for anything he does in the feature, and punish him that way if they can. I do believe that if its not against the law,you SHOULD be able to do it without harassment. WHY give them a reason? JMHO!!!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm all for personal rights and freedoms, but how is a cop supposed to tell this guy apart from a James Holmes type? Clearly this guy is not just carrying a gun for any reason but to attract attention then defend the attention he attracts. While the cop is wrong, I'm not sure jonny gunslinger is right either.

Just because I have my red card, I sure as hell don't flaunt it in public.

outwest

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Seems like a way to ask for trouble, Why give them a reason? I would think these police officers would be on the look out for anything he does in the feature, and punish him that way if they can. I do believe that if its not against the law,you SHOULD be able to do it without harassment. WHY give them a reason? JMHO!!!

You suggest instead he just complied with the illegal stop and seizure, only to pay money in a future court proceeding to get his illegally seized property back? How are they going to single him out for harassment without his name?

I think Sea was right, the key to the smooth interaction was the citizen knowing his rights well enough to keep calm and maintain his legal position

Green Giant

Green Giant

You suggest instead he just complied with the illegal stop and seizure, only to pay money in a future court proceeding to get his illegally seized property back? How are they going to single him out for harassment without his name?

I think Sea was right, the key to the smooth interaction was the citizen knowing his rights well enough to keep calm and maintain his legal position

No, not at all, I suggest before walking around in public with a gun strapped to your hip, that you think about the consequences that MAY come with it. YES it is legal to do so, but you must know that if seen, you will or could be questioned. I think what the man did in the video was great, he knew his rights and did not back down.... I myself do not like to draw attention to myself in a way to be questioned.

Maybe I from just too small of a town to think that the officers would not recognize me as the guy who one upped them, and find something else to get me for.

Green Giant

Green Giant

[quote="outwest, post: 921518, member: 34758" Just because I have my red card, I sure as hell don't flaunt it in public.

outwest[/quote]

Amen Brotha!!!

K

kolah

When Men were Men. (and btw Holmes wouldn't have gotten 2 shots off with guys like this around):

K

kolah

Watch this guy pick off the balloons. It's not just a Hollywood thing.... people can be pretty damn accurate even with a nice lever action rifle:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, not at all, I suggest before walking around in public with a gun strapped to your hip, that you think about the consequences that MAY come with it. YES it is legal to do so, but you must know that if seen, you will or could be questioned. I think what the man did in the video was great, he knew his rights and did not back down.... I myself do not like to draw attention to myself in a way to be questioned.

Maybe I from just too small of a town to think that the officers would not recognize me as the guy who one upped them, and find something else to get me for.
It's clear that this person planned on having interaction with the police. He was using a hidden camera, likely to prevent them from taking it away.

I personally admire what he did, because I know a little teeny bit about what it's like to come out in public in a small town area with the unpopular opinion. Retaliation is one issue, definitely. So that keeps a lot of people, people like you and me maybe, from exercising our RIGHTS.

There's something wrong with that whole idea. And please, don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those Gods, Guns and Gays! kinda people. I think you should be allowed to have your guns, period. But *my* reasons why I think you should have them are different from most folks--I happen to think citizens need to be protected from government in too many instances. Guns are the great equalizer that way.

I also have a HUGE problem with how ignorant of the law law enforcers are. And for that alone I will always give kudos to how this man did his thang.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I commend the gent for showing that it is possible to stand your legal ground with the cops who obviously arrest first, then figure your rights out if any, second. That took a lot of balls.

-TF

Latest posts

Top Bottom