Open Pollination Question

• Thread starter kansabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

I have a pack of 2 strains left that I want to do an open pollination of each strain,when I do this will the resulting seeds be considered f2s or what exactly?

K

kansabis

Ok sorry for the confusion,2 strains but not crossing the strains to each other. For instance one pack is bodhi-soraya,I will be germing that whole pack and only culling if plant is unhealthy,everything else will stay,all males and all females,is that an f2 even though its multiple boys and girls and not a single male or female? My goal is to preserve and open up the genetics,I plan to open pollinate the resulting batch of seeds as well.

Organikz

Organikz

Ok sorry for the confusion,2 strains but not crossing the strains to each other. For instance one pack is bodhi-soraya,I will be germing that whole pack and only culling if plant is unhealthy,everything else will stay,all males and all females,is that an f2 even though its multiple boys and girls and not a single male or female? My goal is to preserve and open up the genetics,I plan to open pollinate the resulting batch of seeds as well.
depends...if it's a new drop of bodhi's it's more than likely an f1 pack. so if you make seed from a brother and sister f1 pack that's an f2. if you take that f2 be it male or female and breed it back to an f1 that's a back cross. it's a tactic used to sure up genetics.

K

kansabis

depends...if it's a new drop of bodhi's it's more than likely an f1 pack. so if you make seed from a brother and sister f1 pack that's an f2. if you take that f2 be it male or female and breed it back to an f1 that's a back cross. it's a tactic used to sure up genetics.
It's Snow Lotus x Afkansastan clone,proly f1s,I plan to open pollinate the whole pack,take resulting seeds and grow them out and open pollinate them as well,then I will grow out those seeds and search for any potential keepers for stabilizing or just for moms.

Organikz

Organikz

It's Snow Lotus x Afkansastan clone,proly f1s,I plan to open pollinate the whole pack,take resulting seeds and grow them out and open pollinate them as well,then I will grow out those seeds and search for any potential keepers for stabilizing or just for moms.
good pick on the bodhi gear. i only hear good things. i want to run his gear.

K

kansabis

Yeah Im just on my first run of it and just flipped 3 lemon lotus freebies,2 males,hoping the last is a girl,I'm familiar with the afkansastan cut locally from years ago but it disappeared and I know the snow lotus dad he uses has great breeding qualities in his genetics so I just want to try and open up and observe the variations and combinations that result. Still have a pack of dream lotus and sunshine daydream waiting in line. I say for the quality and price and the overall love and respect he has for cannabis,definitely run some when you get the chance.

K

kansabis

No clones will be taken from the first two runs/op's.
Idk y I said that,ill be taking clones but not to use in any of the open pollenation and will only keep if they are really special,I'd like to some day try and get the real cherry afkansastan or similar and work it with the cherry bomb,I've had too many cough syrup cherry flavors and the cut I remember was a real cherry fruit flavor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom