Opening another thread due to getting no replies

• Thread starter Deforced
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Right okay pal I'll look into perlite thanks. I've already thought about that but don't have the room that's all
you don't need a pallet of the shit lol just get a couple big bags. it's ridiculously cheap and super useful to have around for more than just cannabis if you have houseplants and shit like that too.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

you don't need a pallet of the shit lol just get a couple big bags. it's ridiculously cheap and super useful to have around for more than just cannabis if you have houseplants and shit like that too.
Even your lawn. My mom had a new house and I did the lawn. I mixed 400 yards of clean top with 20 yards of vermiculite. When the neighbors were brown and dead, hers was still green.

Deforced

Deforced

Right, I've flushed the shit outta them lastnight, resumed to two floods a day and they seem to go worse on the second flood so I've dropped back to 1 flood a day and see how that helps. I know people say you can't overwater coco and maybe I believe it to some extent as my previous grows were on 4/5floods a day. Somethings not right somewhere, the more I seem to let the coco dry up the more they seem to like it? 😕

tobh

tobh

Supporter
i wonder if you have root rot. forgive me for not going back but are you running any kind of enzymes and beneficial bacterias or anything to sterilize the solution?

Deforced

Deforced

i wonder if you have root rot. forgive me for not going back but are you running any kind of enzymes and beneficial bacterias or anything to sterilize the solution?
I'll get a photo, the roots look very healthy as they have exploded out of the bottom of the 10.5l pots😅 it's seriously baffling me. The only thing I can think now is that in this system they recommend putting 2cm of pebbles at the bottom of each pot for better drainage, I never did that and I was thinking maybe they aren't draining well enough? This is the photo of the worse plant and its roots, btw they shouldn't be growing out of the pot but they always seem to get past the coper discs everytime.

20220105 212929
20220105 213011
tobh

tobh

Supporter
oh those don't look too bad. i was expecting worse. can we get a pic of that plant in natural light? that hps glow is hiding all the good details we need.

Deforced

Deforced

Yes here is the plant in normal light it's around 5plants in the system that look bad, im getting advised to swap to hydroton next run because it's not advised to use coco in a flood and drain setup. Usually coco is best treated top fed apparently. Thanks
oh those don't look too bad. i was expecting worse. can we get a pic of that plant in natural light? that hps glow is hiding all the good details we need.

20220105 214128
20220105 214142
Deforced

Deforced

Another thing to add guys is I turned down my lights from 600w to 320w, do you think this might be the cause? The reason I did this is I thought they were getting too much light at first but is it ok to have it at 600w constantly l, the room is 2.4x2.4x2m 4x600w lights . Thanks

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Do you add a small amount of cal-mag every feed? Coco eats magnesium and you have to supplement or the plants suffer.

Deforced

Deforced

Just thought I'd let everyone know for future reference, I think my plants are suffering from calmag deficiency, I was giving then 0.5ml litre but I've upped it to 1ml a litre and mixed up 10ml to 1litre to foliar spray and now they are starting to look a lot better. Just waiting for it to take full affect.

Top Bottom