opening top of flower room

• Thread starter sgt. schultz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

I have been flowering in a 4x8x8 room. I bought 2x1000 hps air-cooled, have a 15,000 btu portable ac inside room and an 8" inline fan with odor sock to vent. Sealed room to add co2. Problem is with both lights temps over 90 and around 80 with 1 light. If I take roof off room with 20ft ceiling will a lot of the heat rise out of room and let co2 stay in? My 8" fan is 800fm and my light cooling fan is 4" squirel cage with 465cfm. I keep at least 2 ocillating fans for air movement. Will they blow c02 out top if opened? Want to maximize light. Should i open top and forget co2? Should I replace portable with hose venting heat out of room with window unit built into wall. Should I move room over central air vent and put thermostat in room? Space is detached cottage behind house with seperate central air from living quarters. Thanks.

purpleberry

purpleberry

How are you venting you a/c? Is it dual hose? I have 9000 btu portable and i vented the hose straight up. It causes the a/c to work hard and get hot. Sometime i think it made the room hotter, so i stopped useing it. I put it at my budys house with 2,000 watts and vented the a/c hose straight down threw the floor and it keeps the temps 70 and 80 with light on, and its 100 outside.
Also you shouldnt have a odor sock if your room is sealed, you should be sucking air from outside the room running threw the light hood and venting outside the room, so all your a/c air and co2 stay in the room.

L

Lost

All air for cooling must come from another room. If not, your sucking in hot air and then the lights heat it up even more. Air from a fresh source back out to another source where the heat cannot track back to the room. Thats the key.

J

Jalisco Kid

I disagree,especially where it is hot and humid. It is better to pull in air from a sealed room .Your sealed room is bug free and 78*. Why pull in air from the outside? If you live where your exterior air is cooler then 78* I could understand it but I would rather buy a larger a/c then deal with venting air/smell,dumping my co2,allowing spores and bugs in.
Schultz if you can have more plants I would grow above in that space rather then use it to dump air into. But it would help with your cooling and co2 sinks so you would be good there.
So what are you going to grow this time? You should check out a chilled bucket sys. it would help a lot in your environment. JK

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Thanks purp. I have a single hose vent that I just ran thru partition into spare bedroom I am currently using. Hi JK. Want to grow some of your stuff. Which do you recommend. Two of your packs were labeled 7. I also have a few Martian Mean Green, Love Potion #1, Cherry Bomb Indica and some bohdi sativa. I am also trying to re-veg some WW and 1 of your mystery plants I got from assorted beans from source I won't mention here for clones. I have been using spare bedroom in main house with 8ft ceiling. Was thinking cottage in back with 20 ft ceiling would let heat out of flower room. Was thinking of using the loft for clones, vegging and mothers. Previously started fresh every crop. Need to move to 2 or 3 stage to harvest more often as I have suffered catastrophic injuries in a motor scooter accident while visiting family in Fla. Have already had 100,000 dollars of surgeries on left shoulder which is full of metal plates, and my ankle. Thank goodness my 7 broken ribs are healed now. Breathing was a chore. Should I be able to produce several pounds bi-monthly, is there a good way to find buyers for bulk. An ounce or 2 a week isn't too hard to move but I would have to step that up. Time is of the essence as I haven't been able to work since April and am not far from foreclosure.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

I think I need 1 more post before I can PM JK. Not sure if this counts. Let me see. Can somebody tell me how to edit post? Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom