Opinion on homemade or commercial bloom boosters, or if even to use.

• Thread starter radrichie61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Glomus

Looks like these plants started to flower and went back into veg maybe, bud structure looks off, what strain is it? But yeah if you want to add Phosphorous and you haven't already amended the soil with a phosphorous source, don't waste your money on bloom boosters and stuff like Botanicare pro. Just use Miracle Grow. if you want a cheap effective solution to beef up the buds. I used to mess around with all kind of products and boosters and additives and I honestly feel like that shit created more problems for me more times then not. (Except when it comes to inoculation products I highly recommend not going cheap on a solid inoculation product.) When in doubt leave it out. the best fertilizer is the foot steps of the farmer 😉

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Light deps grow better weed. Mostly because you are controlling the light cycle I think. Where as full seasons have a tough transition into flower sometimes.
That wasn't what the OP was asking ... the question was would there be any real benefit to adding light deprivation now. It's a valuable technique but starting this late in the season in Michigan at least would not make much difference. We've only got about 3 weeks of good grow weather left here and that's only if we're lucky.

I don't have it on my greenhouse because I would want mine automated. I try to automate as much as I can. I also travel enough for work that an automated system is essential.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

He said that he's a beginner, so would you recommend that he get a move-on with Light Deprivation to finish up? Link: Light Dep vs Outdoor: Why Light Deprivation Greenhouses Are A Good Investment
Edit: On second thought, if he's already below 12 daylight, how would light dep help to speed things up? More darkness = faster mature time?
No plants aren't machines you can push and providing them with what they need is the best you can offer,genetics dictate finishing times. If you want a faster finishing time,quality will suffer

Latest posts

Top Bottom